User Tag List

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Well sort-of. The balances of the old Nanospeeds varied a bit and so too does the ArcSabers. The ZS was one of the most headheavy "even balance" of the ArcSabers, so just hoping for a NR that has a balance that's a little more head heavy than the current NRs. Closer to an Arc ZS would be my preferrence... probably not going to happen though...

I always felt the NS9900 was a tad too headlight for me, probably because I have a 3U, 2U probably would be better.
    The name "Z-Speed" suggests (to me, at least) that it's going to be a NS9900 replacement. Fingers crossed - mine, if not yours.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    The name "Z-Speed" suggests (to me, at least) that it's going to be a NS9900 replacement. Fingers crossed - mine, if not yours.
    You never fail to amaze me with your preferences... 30lb+ tension on a super stiff racquet that weights next to nothing to be used with plastic shuttles!

Having said that, your string reviews are usually spot on, so I best not knock it until I've tried it. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Challenge for Yonex..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post

Challenge for Yonex..
    LOL i was about to share it and you did already. BTW, here's the website http://www.yonex.co.jp/smash/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black-and-white... sneaky sods!

Still, nice to finally have a date (and I'm prepared to be real money now that we'll see some at the WC - Koo and Tan, most like).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 month to go! I cant wait for it seriously!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good if not exactly great video. Interesting to see who is taking part in this ''smash'' contest. TBH (obvious since he got the last guiness record with the Z slash although he never used the racket in a tournament), LCW and Kenichi Tago. (I can think of a few other Yonex sponsored players that could hit faster)

Also the official website http://www.yonex.co.jp/smash/
    The highest number on the banner around the video is 510km/ph if thats anything to go by

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't really make out much of the graphics, but I can see that it has the Z string pattern. Thank you, badminton gods!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They must be using that broken/uncalibrated machine to track the speed again. Cause it is never reproducible!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    They must be using that broken/uncalibrated machine to track the speed again. Cause it is never reproducible!
    Well, I guess it depends on many things, such as at what point in the shuttle's flight they measure it from. The shuttle is slowing down all the time after it has left the racquet, so it's crucial to know where they are measuring from.

I suspect that the speed radars used in tournaments are not measuring the shuttle speed at the same point and hence there is a difference?

Also, in a match you're not going for outright power, but also accuracy so players probably need to hold back a little to make sure they hit their targets - which isn't the case here.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on many things, such as at what point in the shuttle's flight they measure it from. The shuttle is slowing down all the time after it has left the racquet, so it's crucial to know where they are measuring from.

I suspect that the speed radars used in tournaments are not measuring the shuttle speed at the same point and hence there is a difference?

Also, in a match you're not going for outright power, but also accuracy so players probably need to hold back a little to make sure they hit their targets - which isn't the case here.
    To be honest, I think this is just a technical exercise - which racket can hit hardest regardless of anything else. Sadly, though, they're only done it with one other racket so far, so the best they can say is "this hits harder than the other racket we tested".

Still...

Name:  shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
Views: 3091
Size:  76.9 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O man I wish it wouldn't come in orange though (even though I love my NS9900). There still haven't been any limited edition nanorays, as far as I know, so hopefully a Nanoray Z-speed LTD is on the cards to satisfy my pettiness :P.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    As far as I remember from the Z-Slash, the speed is calculated from high-speed camera footage and based on the first several frames right after it has left the stringbed ...
    I mean the whole setup is clearly visible in the video . Which frames exactly of course remains a secret. Starting after the deformation has ended or up until to (maybe disclosed at the Guiness entry)?
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-22-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    As far as I remember from the Z-Slash, the speed is calculated from high-speed camera footage and based on the first several frames right after it has left the stringbed ...
    I mean the whole setup is clearly visible in the video . Which frames exactly of course remains a secret. Starting after the deformation has ended or up until to (maybe disclosed at the Guiness entry)?
    This is getting to be a very specific world record...

"Hardest smash after five frames @1000/s post-stringbed-exit..."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To be honest, I think this is just a technical exercise - which racket can hit hardest regardless of anything else. Sadly, though, they're only done it with one other racket so far, so the best they can say is "this hits harder than the other racket we tested".

Still...

Name:  shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
Views: 3091
Size:  76.9 KB
    LOL! Says it ALL!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting to be a very specific world record...

"Hardest smash after five frames @1000/s post-stringbed-exit..."
    It's not like it'll be any faster further on . Here is the vid by ants from TBH's Z-Slash session. After about a minute there's a view of the monitor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTS95B652pw

Silly enough this record is nowhere to be found on the guiness record website
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-22-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody post a picture of this thing, please - I've ordered three and I want to know what it looks like!

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast