User Tag List

Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youngtai:

Definitely not light headed racket, even though Yonex called it Nanoray. I would classify ZS balanced. Slight heavy ( not too heavy compare with Voltric series ) and yet swings aerodynamically like Nanoray series.
    On your handling of Z speed, I would suggest you give it a try as I would think anyone can handle it, it is the matter of preference and suitability to your style of play.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine have just arrived - strung one, leaving the other one for Paul. Testing mine as-is on Fri.

Specs: 301/88.5, 300/87.6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZSpeed is not head heavy although the weight of the racket is 3U. I played with it for the last 2 weeks and occasionally mixed with NR 800 (4U). The swing feel of both racket is about the same although Zspeed smash a bit powerful. I also use LiNing N55 before. It was a bit difficult to adjust between N55 and NR 800 or NS 9900 during the game although NR 800 and NS 9900 were felt faster to react. Switching between NR 800 and NR Z, I felt not much difference when swinging them in the game. One comment on the Z-speed is the impact feeling near the edge of the frame is quite solid when comparing other rackets I've used. It means the power and accuracy of those hits are still well under control. I am not sure it is the result of bigger sweet spot and smaller frame.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so I finally got to have a bit with the NRZS. For those wondering, it's a very easy to play with racket and I really like it. An even balanced feel, to slightly headlight. It doesn't feel even close to 300mm and I'm not quite sure how Yonex manage that, to be honest. Personally, I think it's a cracking racket. Super easy to use, not overly stiff, and has good tactility. The only weird part about it is that the sweet spot is very high, and when you hit it, you actually can feel the head flex, but it's a controlled flex on the y axis, not torsional, so that's good. Some people expecting a stiff racket may find the sensation weird. Aside from that, it's a absolute winner I reckon, but it sure is going to make some Nanospeed lovers pretty cranky!
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 10-03-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike

I'm looking forward to testing this racket.

The big question is how close were you to hitting the 450+ kmh smash?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Maklike

I'm looking forward to testing this racket.

The big question is how close were you to hitting the 450+ kmh smash?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    About as close as Koo and Tan are to winning anything with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good one there Maklike... Hahaha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This racket is showing up on some big stores in Korea.
    Managed to do some dry swings.

It swings very heavy! Heavier than the the BS12N sitting right next to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the Z Speed claim to have generated the fastest speed, I found the following article by accident which may be of some interest:
    http://www.badmintonracket.com.au/badminton-racket-articles/1999/9/1/261kmh-hit-smashes-scuds-serve/
    In 1999, the speed record was only 261km/h, it is hard to believe it is nearly double now! Can anyone remember what racket was Simon Archer using then?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people persist on believing this rubbish?

The record is about the technology used to measure it, not the smash itself.

Please, use your brains. The on court smash speeds have not virtually doubled in 10 years, and those using the NRZS are not magically smashing any harder than they were before.

The evidence is right there, available to anyone.

This is not to take away from the fact that the NRZS is in fact a very good racket.
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 10-03-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post

Please, use your brains. The on court smash speeds have not virtually doubled in 10 years, and those using the NRZS are not magically smashing any harder than they were before.

This is not to take away from the fact that the NRZS is in fact a very good racket.
    Wow... relax Sir.... why seems so offended. btw, I cant wait to get mine

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by observer View Post
    Wow... relax Sir.... why seems so offended. btw, I cant wait to get mine
    Observer....if you were more observant you'd notice I'm not offended, but merely a spokesperson for the exposing of half-truths and 'smoke-and-mirrors' masquerading as fact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...after reading through the thread, some people say the Z-Speed is stiff...and others say it's more of a medium stiff. What is it actually??

A comparison of its stiffness to the NS9900, MXJJS or MX80 would be much appreciated!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that is why I said hard to believe! I certainly agree that these records donít have much relationship with the actual performance of the rackets in real competition, especially for us amateurs!

However, I am not sure it is solely due to the technology used to do the measurement. For example, Yonex claims the Z Speed is faster (30-40 km/h?) than the Z Slash, what was the difference in measuring technology there? I didnít really go into the details of the 2 measurements, but I suppose Yonex has data to back up the claim?

Again, even though it was way back in 1999, it is hard to believe the technology was so backward that it had a nearly 50% error. I tend to believe the modern rackets are indeed faster (not necessarily better overall), and the professional players are also stronger than their earlier counterparts. Of course, the way it was measured also contributed to the differences.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an inherent danger of accepting non-scientific testing as fact.

Yonex is not a laboratory, and in their 'testing' they have not tested against any other rackets, nor developed or outlined any methodology, nor do they have any impartiality. If there was any basis for the science behind their claims, or if they even wanted any scrutiny or peer scientific review, they wouldn't first approach the Guinness Book of Records.

Science or the appearance thereof has no validity unless it mirrors the real world - what is actually achievable, within the natural environment of the product in use. Yonex has never been able to back up any of their claims, nor reproduce them in the real world. Kenichi Tago is not world No.1 by using the incredible smash power of the Z-Slash, Koo and Tan have not had a miraculous ascent to the top 3 in the world through their amazing 400kph smashes. It's all complete rubbish.

I know the Z-Speed is a great racket, even after literally having a hit with it for 5 minutes, but it's not because of any of the bull$h1t dreamed up by their marketing department - it's a solid, quick, and very cleverly designed racket that is very accessible, even for intermediates.

The real science in the NRZS is Yonex acknowledging simple physics -

1. Aerodynamics is more about total surface area than the shape of the frame
    2. Moving the sweetspot as high as possible in the string-bed makes for a bigger lever therefore more, well, leverage on the shuttle.

Everything else is just fluff and nonsense.
    @CanadianBadmint - It's hard to gauge the stiffness of the NRZF because the flex is located in the head, whereas the normal mode of sensation of the flexibility or otherwise of a racket is in the shaft. I was lucky enough to try one with my current go-to stringing (Ultimax at 24x26lbs) and it feels quite soft in the sweetpost, but stiff outside of it, so it's very weird...so much so that I really couldn't tell you how stiff it is.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an inherent danger of accepting non-scientific testing as fact.

Yonex is not a laboratory, and in their 'testing' they have not tested against any other rackets, nor developed or outlined any methodology, nor do they have any impartiality. If there was any basis for the science behind their claims, or if they even wanted any scrutiny or peer scientific review, they wouldn't first approach the Guinness Book of Records.

Science or the appearance thereof has no validity unless it mirrors the real world - what is actually achievable, within the natural environment of the product in use. Yonex has never been able to back up any of their claims, nor reproduce them in the real world. Kenichi Tago is not world No.1 by using the incredible smash power of the Z-Slash, Koo and Tan have not had a miraculous ascent to the top 3 in the world through their amazing 400kph smashes. It's all complete rubbish.

I know the Z-Speed is a great racket, even after literally having a hit with it for 5 minutes, but it's not because of any of the bull$h1t dreamed up by their marketing department - it's a solid, quick, and very cleverly designed racket that is very accessible, even for intermediates.

The real science in the NRZS is Yonex acknowledging simple physics -

1. Aerodynamics is more about total surface area than the shape of the frame
    2. Moving the sweetspot as high as possible in the string-bed makes for a bigger lever therefore more, well, leverage on the shuttle.

Everything else is just fluff and nonsense.
    @CanadianBadmint - It's hard to gauge the stiffness of the NRZF because the flex is located in the head, whereas the normal mode of sensation of the flexibility or otherwise of a racket is in the shaft. I was lucky enough to try one with my current go-to stringing (Ultimax at 24x26lbs) and it feels quite soft in the sweetpost, but stiff outside of it, so it's very weird...so much so that I really couldn't tell you how stiff it is.
    My review is pending, and you're saying everything I am going to say.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got a chance to put a few hours into the z speed demo, and I must say I'm liking it.

**disclaimer** this is my personal opinion on the zspeed compared to my vt80 4u.

Backhand shots feel easy and this was where I was struggling with my vt804u.

Surprisingly did not miss hit a lot, easy to adjust. The racquet felt heavy but once you start swinging, it feels better than my vt804u. I did have some timing issues with smashing but when it connected, it was pure bliss.

Net play and defensive hits were a breeze, and no aching forearm reported so far...

Maybe it's just personal taste but overall when compared to my vt80, I prefer the zspeed lol.

Albeit not being able to smash as fast or powerful like the pros, the potential with this racquet can increase ones ability.

So far, I really like the mxjjs & z speed.

Could not produce any results with the zforce 3u & nr800.

Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast