User Tag List

Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mms6a View Post
    For me the Ougi/Shiden 3UG5 feels better and faster.

The NR-ZS 3UG5 feels quite damped even by Yonex's standards..
    Yeah, it does have quite a unique feel to it, that's for sure. If you like stiff, crispy and a bit 'metallic' feeling rackets, I can almost guarantee you won't like the NRZS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    would the shiden feel faster?
    shiden is a classic... never goes wrong! no regrets for buying shiden! fast/repulsive/good smashing sound/ less vibration on grip/very fast shuttle speed/accurate! the only few problems is getting used to the small egg-shaped head and the very stiff shaft!

a good smashing racket - shaft must not be too stiff! ( of cos shiden has a decent smashing power coupled with accuracy!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by juventus1 View Post
    shiden is a classic... never goes wrong! no regrets for buying shiden! fast/repulsive/good smashing sound/ less vibration on grip/very fast shuttle speed/accurate! the only few problems is getting used to the small egg-shaped head and the very stiff shaft!

a good smashing racket - shaft must not be too stiff! ( of cos shiden has a decent smashing power coupled with accuracy!)

The Shiden is very powerful with an accurate hit. The small sweetspot really takes some practice.

The Ougi is also a superb racket. But more user friendly compared to Shiden.

Both rackets has the bit hard feeling as expected from the Gosen Ryoga series of rackets. Shiden is indeed a very stiff racket (especially when the racket is new. But after using it for half a year or so, the ultra stiffness becomes very stiff.)

If you want a less stiff even balanced Ryoga racket, go with the Ougi (though hard to find since most stores are sold out at this time)

The Z-Speed is also a great racket don't get me wrong, but the feel upon impact is just bit dampened... The Z-Speed is probably one of the fastest Yonex rackets slightly faster than the Z-Slash IMHO.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's an Ougi in a shop here in Melbourne if anyone wants one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's mean the Shiden is more stiff than the Zsp right? anyone compare it to the trivista series?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    that's mean the Shiden is more stiff than the Zsp right? anyone compare it to the trivista series?
    shiden is a class above trivista!!

anyway.. i got 3 NRZS(2SP/1JP).. all have different feel..

jp is stiffer but lighter..sp is slightly more flexible, but 1 is more heavy head than the other..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think NRZS not easy to control..must have more training..and i very sad tonight bcoz my NRZS was broken...urghhhhh...at T-joint.. -_-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So lemme get this straight, this racket supposedly:
    - has a smaller head with no comprimise to timing
    - is head heavy
    - has a stiff shaft, but a flexible head
    - is very aerodynamic

This looks like an interesting mix. As a NS9900 owner who's looking for a bit more 'meat' but without compromising the aerodynamicness and stiffness of the racket, this looks like a potential successor. I really want to trial this racket but I don't know where in London I can do this

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- It has a smaller head, but only the lower half.
    - It has a BP of about 300, which is more 'even balanced'.
    - has a stiff shaft, but a flexible head (correct)
    - Well......until there is a study into the aerodynamics of badminton rackets, I remain skeptical to laypeoples notions of what exactly
    constitutes aerodynamics....but it 'feels' quick, sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seen few written in term of smash:
    Jjs > nrzs

What is the score in scale of 10 in term of SMASH and SPEED?

SMASH
    Jjs=?/10
    Nrzs=?/10
    Vt80=?/10

SPEED
    Jjs=
    Nzrs=
    Vt80=

Please help to fill in the score.Tq.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HardSmasher View Post
    Seen few written in term of smash:
    Jjs > nrzs

What is the score in scale of 10 in term of SMASH and SPEED?

SMASH
    Jjs=?/10
    Nrzs=?/10
    Vt80=?/10

SPEED
    Jjs=
    Nzrs=
    Vt80=

Please help to fill in the score.Tq.
    you need different adjustments to your swings etc to get hard smashes from either of these racquets. all the above racquets can smash hard...

heck.. i smash harder with a 1990s boron 200 (45.2g headweight), than any of these modern racquets..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    heck.. i smash harder with a 1990s boron 200 (45.2g headweight), than any of these modern racquets..
    Well... my friend, you're not the only one, there are some "ugly facts" that latest technologies don't really work for everyone of us
    Somehow it is related more to the way your technique was developend at the first place. When your technique was built while playing a certain rackets for a certain period of time, then your muscle memory would stay there. At least until you put some efforts to train and shift your technique but it wouldn't be instantly and sometimes it might take longer to reverse and re-develop.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera Leo View Post
    i think NRZS not easy to control..must have more training..and i very sad tonight bcoz my NRZS was broken...urghhhhh...at T-joint.. -_-
    that bad? any pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got mine.cant wait to test..btw,it's kinda heavy.hope can manage it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it on Google the other time when I was shopping around for an Ougi, but the price is too high from what the other shops are selling for..

Lol at Gosen Australia website. They describe the Shiden suitable for intermediate to advanced players.

In my opinions, the Shiden is suitable for advanced players only... The intermediate players cannot handle the small frame and the shaft... This racket should be for at least low-advanced players.
    Last edited by mms6a; 10-12-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shiden is an attacking balance racket.. can a beginner be a aggressive attacking player? A beginner don't even know how to deliver a flat drive.. gosen is just being honest!

No expensive ads.. sponsor.. just stay true on making good rackets and string..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my hands on a Z Speed 3UG5 SP today strung up with BG66 Ultimax @ 24lbs. I added a layer of AC102EX overgrip unto the original grip. Here's my dry swing comparison with my Nanospeed 9900LTD Green 3UG4 and Voltric 70 4UG4. Both original grip removed and replaced with Karakal PU Super grip.

All the feedback and reviews so far are pretty consistent. On dry swings it is obviously HEAD HEAVY, even more than the VT70. It is no where near the range of which it is advertised to be in the racquet chart (around NS9900). Not even close. It should be up on top together with the Voltric series.

However it cuts through the air more easily due to its compact frame. The frame can be seen to be much smaller on the bottom. I felt less resistance but at the same time still slower due to its head heavy balance. The shaft is the longest among the 3 and this would probably help in generating power. Yet to be tested though.

Looking forward to having a match with it. For someone who uses head balanced racquets, I foresee myself having a few muscles aches in the arms and wrist coming my way using the Z Speed Here are some amateur shots:

Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast