User Tag List

Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 16 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 1,106 to 1,122 of 1320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-maker View Post
    plenty of mishits....still can't get used to the weight/shape of the racquet...

need a few more sessions to be able to 'tame' it...lol...
    In a fast doubles game, "plenty of mishits" is a very bad thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading 30 pages of comments and holding the racket in my hand at my club (( didn't play with )) it reminds me of my muscle power 100 but with different "tech". Slightly lighter and a tad more head heavy. Granted is was completely dry vs my strung and gripped mp100.

That thing is a beast to smash with. The 2U version was pretty hefty and super solid feeling. Hard as hell on my arm too lol. Always wanted it but slightly lighter and a bit more shaft flex so it makes me very tempted to get the nanoray.

Edit : the nanoray i held was 3U.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOTE: It's not a nanoray.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The name is Nanoray Z Speed. Even with all the argument here, I doubt Yonex will change its name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    The name is Nanoray Z Speed. Even with all the argument here, I doubt Yonex will change its name
    Well, to voltric z-speed? The second z series in the voltric lane maybe? =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is Z speed good or bad? i'm thinking of getting one myself 3U version, am fond to head-heavy racket. I used VT80 3U as my primary racket but still have difficulty in keeping up with the speedy defense! I wonder Z-speed 3U has both power smash and a bit more defensive attributes than VT80 3U?? please need some advice.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    So, is Z speed good or bad? i'm thinking of getting one myself 3U version, am fond to head-heavy racket. I used VT80 3U as my primary racket but still have difficulty in keeping up with the speedy defense! I wonder Z-speed 3U has both power smash and a bit more defensive attributes than VT80 3U?? please need some advice.
    Well the frame might be an issue since the Voltric 80 is normal isometric, why don't you get a 4U VT 80? (:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post

To some players, the Z-Speed is great. I have seen some guys playing at Open and Invitational tournaments and I asked them how they felt about the Z-Speed, some loves it...

Personally, I do not like the Z-Speed's dampened feel, and the accuracy is so so imho.
    But if all you want is POWER, the Z-Speed will provide plenty of rocket hard smashes and far clears.

In my opinion, the Z-Speed is a user-friendly Z-Force, albeit less head heavy and less stiff...

If you want the power of the Z-Force, but cannot handle the head heaviness and stiffness and don't care about the feel upon contact, then the Z-Speed is for YOU!!!

lol, over excited

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be reviewing Z Speed very soon. I have completed my testing and will be writing a number of reviews over the next few days.

Here's the dilemma for me. This is the first Yonex racket I have reviewed since moving to Victor. I have tested many Victor rackets recently which have all been good.

My thoughts on Z Speed are not as positive and I am concerned I will be accused of bias which is untrue. After all, i reviewed other brands whilst I was with Yonex and there were no issues. But this is different because it's a top of the range model.

Because of this my review will take more time as I have to be more careful what i say. Maybe it's me. What do you think guys?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul, how can you be un-biased when you are paid by Victor?

When that's said I don't think it'll be a big problem as you seem keen on making good reviews. My concern about you as a reviewer would be with the Victor rackets, not other brands.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the funny thing about the internet. It's really up to you if you want to believe what people write or say. It really is your responsibility as the reader to be able to critically think on your own and in my opinion if you feel someone isn't being honest then think that.

But I've read a lot of his reviews and I think he tries to not be favored this way or that and is upfront about his sponsorship and personally I'm just glad someone takes the time to do reviews on the new rackets coming out lol.

Anyways waiting on the Z speed review! And the MX-90 for that matter lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul,

Alot of us appreciate the effort you put into the reviews and find it an invaluable source of information.

I assume most people who are in the market for a badminton racquet will do their due diligence and spend time poring through reviews, getting feedbacks and if possible, doing a demo.

Your reviews are an important supplement in the decision making process and the fact that you expressed your concerns publicly shows that accuracy and unbias reviews are your priorities and that adds credibility to that you have already achieved.

Keep up the good work !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul,

A good review is one that is unbiased and gives your honest views on the racquet.

It is true that some will believe your reviews will be biased due to your affiliations with Victor but you have built up enough of a good reputation that I'm sure you will give your honest and genuine opinion on the racquets you review.

It is much better to give a bad review that is honest and true rather than a good review of a racquet you don't have positive feelings about because that would be a true indication of being biased.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least you have try it. Some people make review base on the spec (like in Amazon) and never actually hold the real racket.

Just be honest about the review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul,

would you review Victor The Legend both I (red) & II (gold) generation? And, would appreciate if you write a review on Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed too.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I will be reviewing Z Speed very soon. I have completed my testing and will be writing a number of reviews over the next few days.

Here's the dilemma for me. This is the first Yonex racket I have reviewed since moving to Victor. I have tested many Victor rackets recently which have all been good.

My thoughts on Z Speed are not as positive and I am concerned I will be accused of bias which is untrue. After all, i reviewed other brands whilst I was with Yonex and there were no issues. But this is different because it's a top of the range model.

Because of this my review will take more time as I have to be more careful what i say. Maybe it's me. What do you think guys?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    It's okay, I (and probably many others) already expected that you would review Z-Speed unfavourably - I'll try to find and quote my comment about this from about two months ago. If I recall, I predicted you'd give it 3.5 stars. I don't know why I was so sure, but looks like I'm right yet again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules of journalism suggest that as long as you give full disclosure then it's really up to the reader to decided how biased you are or not. If you're an honest person I think basically that that shines through.

A way to enhance this Paul is perhaps to reformat your reviews. I like the idea of having a 'pros/cons' section as well as 'who would this racket suit?' Etc.. Anything that makes it look like you're actually reviewing rackets and not just trying to find your dream racket is a good tactic IMHO.