User Tag List

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 1,174 to 1,190 of 1320
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    Yeah, but when you create one, you do not "step" on it.
    er.. buy a sports car and not drive it? hmm.. oh well..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    er.. buy a sports car and not drive it? hmm.. oh well..
    Actually it's more like "build a DANGEROUS sports car, and say it's the best car to drive ever".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    Actually it's more like "build a DANGEROUS sports car, and say it's the best car to drive ever".
    So... basically a Koenigsegg?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been a very difficult review for me. Having been with Yonex since 1982 in terms of a user and then sponsored I never expected Z Speed to turn out as it has. Some have criticised me saying I should have restrung the racket but I wasn't allowed. I've tested virtually every Yonex racket over the years with manufacturer string and they have played fine.

This is just a quirky racket that will appeal to the few. However, we also have to remember that the majority of average club players cannot use Z Force either.

I want Yonex to continue pushing the boundaries and I doubt they will consider Z Speed a failure given the huge number of sales worldwide. However, let's keep some context here. Head heavy rackets are liked by a percentage of the market. Those who like head light rackets expected Nanoray Z Speed to be a super version of NS9900 and this has created the disappointment. They should have named it differently because it's created so much confusion in the market.

My guess is Yonex is working on replacing Arcsaber range next. Despite launch of FB and Arc 11 they are now slimming down the range so it's most likely a new range will be released in 2014.

For now there are mixed reviews about Z Speed which can be said of any other racket. There's always likers and haters. I wanted this to be a great racket and was left disappointed. But I know Yonex will do something great in 2014.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello to the Badminton Central Community

This would be my first ever review of a badminton racket so any responses and comments would be greatly appreciated. I have been playing badminton casually for nearly 10 years and had just gotten serious about it in the last few. I mostly play singles, but doubles when playing with friends and relatives. I’ve bought the NanoRay Z-Speed for 2 weeks and had been playing sessions with it a couple of times.

My first impressions of the racket is its weight. Though lighter than my previous muscle power, it isn’t as light as I had expected, having tried a few Nanorays before.

The first 4-5 hours with it wasn’t great. I kept mis-hitting the shuttle or missing it completely. However, I did notice that during the swing, the racket somehow seems to become slightly lighter and it just flew through the air. This is probably due to the Aero-dynamic technologies implemented.

After a couple more sessions, I gradually got used to the smaller head size and its swing. The main thing with this racket is that it requires a considerable amount of wrist power to generate any impressive speed. By the end, I was able to smash, drive and clear like a lot more competently. Drops and backhands are a pleasure. When smashing, the racket generate a very satisfying explosive sound. However, I was not able to feel the shuttle hitting the racket, as if the contact was dampened. Also, the sweet-spot, as many other have mentioned, is higher up on the string bed which means you have to hit the shuttle faster that usual and the timing need to be adjusted to maximise the racket’s abilities

In term of defines, the Z Speed performed considerably well. racket movement was very quick and agile, and again the aero-dynamics design come into play. I was able to return shots that wouldn’t have been possible before. Normal-speed smash and even faster ones I found to be easier to return.

When I gave the ZSP to my friend, who was using the Z-Slash, to try against his rival, the result was even more impressive. Him being already experienced with the Zs’ smaller head shape, he need virtually no time in adapting to it, and was RIPPING smashes. He was shouting “Kneel before zod”, which is an added bonus

In the end, I found the Z Speed to be a really good match for me. However, other people’s experiences might differ. This is certainly not a racket for everybody and most, myself included, will have a hard time “taming’’ it and its full potential will most likely remain ‘locked’ for now, until I become a better player. Though it is labelled it is labelled as a Nanoray, it is nowhere near as headlight. However, it is a great racket on its own and I never regretted buying it or thought of moving back to my previous ones. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and again, I am happy to listen to any suggestions regarding my review or anything in general.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a really nice review you've written up, I've enjoyed reading through it, kob khun krap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Yonex should call this racket Arcsaber Z-Speed
    It seem that people enjoy Arcsaber Z-Slash would like this racket as well.

I like Yonex, because they have courage to develop innovation products.
    Even though it may not be as user friendly as other rackets.
    It may due to the unique characteristic of the new racket cause some experience players feel uncomfortable to use.
    But it is better than they just renew old model with new color scheme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    This has been a very difficult review for me. Having been with Yonex since 1982 in terms of a user and then sponsored I never expected Z Speed to turn out as it has. Some have criticised me saying I should have restrung the racket but I wasn't allowed. I've tested virtually every Yonex racket over the years with manufacturer string and they have played fine.

This is just a quirky racket that will appeal to the few. However, we also have to remember that the majority of average club players cannot use Z Force either.

I want Yonex to continue pushing the boundaries and I doubt they will consider Z Speed a failure given the huge number of sales worldwide. However, let's keep some context here. Head heavy rackets are liked by a percentage of the market. Those who like head light rackets expected Nanoray Z Speed to be a super version of NS9900 and this has created the disappointment. They should have named it differently because it's created so much confusion in the market.

My guess is Yonex is working on replacing Arcsaber range next. Despite launch of FB and Arc 11 they are now slimming down the range so it's most likely a new range will be released in 2014.

For now there are mixed reviews about Z Speed which can be said of any other racket. There's always likers and haters. I wanted this to be a great racket and was left disappointed. But I know Yonex will do something great in 2014.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Thanks for the review Paul.

I couldn't help noticing though that you compared the z-speed smash power to "Mark's racket" but never mentioned what racket that actually is. Since most of the information listed about smashing is a comparison to this other racket, I'm not really sure what to make of it.
    Obviously that section would mean something completely different if say Mark's racket were a 4u Nanoray or if it were a 3u Z-Force.

I am sure there is some polite reason you left the name of the racket out, but I'm sure more than a few of us are curious what that racket might be since a comparison to an unnamed racket is pretty ambiguous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    Thats a really nice review you've written up, I've enjoyed reading through it, kob khun krap
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A a few things I forgot to mention

Although the racket is considerably lighter and easier to handle than my previous ones, it seems to take more toll on me.
    During the actual game it is fine, but after I paused or break, I suddenly feel exhausted very quickly. Instead of previously being able to play 2-3 hours of medium/fast-speed sessions easily, I now can barely get through 1/1.5 hours. Guess I will have to train more with the racket and become fitter physically and the effect should reduce. Again, this shows that the Z-Speed does take quite a long time to get used to. Even though I can now hit the shuttle consistently, I still cannot aim properly for the sweet-spot for smash and the power and speed varies quite a lot, depending on where you hit it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading through review of this NR-ZSP I think I will not proceed to buy it. Been using 4U VTZF for almost 2 yrs now and really love this racket. Just thinking to change racket since my ZF encounter many clashes (only 1 major paint chip as result). Maybe try to find any VTZF LTD available in store

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SawitTri View Post
    A a few things I forgot to mention

Although the racket is considerably lighter and easier to handle than my previous ones, it seems to take more toll on me.
    During the actual game it is fine, but after I paused or break, I suddenly feel exhausted very quickly. Instead of previously being able to play 2-3 hours of medium/fast-speed sessions easily, I now can barely get through 1/1.5 hours. Guess I will have to train more with the racket and become fitter physically and the effect should reduce. Again, this shows that the Z-Speed does take quite a long time to get used to. Even though I can now hit the shuttle consistently, I still cannot aim properly for the sweet-spot for smash and the power and speed varies quite a lot, depending on where you hit it.
    It is not an easy racket to play with. Requires focus and discipline. The end result is rewarding if one can play it well. Head frame speed no doubt is fast but timing it for a clean shot when under pressure is tricky. Contact point is crucial to generate the right amount of power and control. Personally feel this racket suits single play more than double. There are better choices out there for speedy double games. My 2 cents having said that i'm still having a lot of fun with it especially on defense. Just the arm felt extremely tired after 2 hours game hahaha.
    Last edited by soulsync; 12-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally feel that playing with a racket for 2-3 hrs shouldn't tire ur hand that much. Imagine how would it feel the next day...

I would normally give myself 10-12 hrs of testing a new racket to determine whether it*suits me or not. Anymore than that will b a waste of time as I want to have fun while playing comfortably with what suits me. Not the other way round.

As many badmtn sages have commented here in BC, there is just too much ego n too much $ chasing around the latest high-end rackets which probably only suit*the top 5-10% of the recreational players here (nope...me not in there...yet).

Just my thoughts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely a challenging racquet to use. I find I've been using mine less and less since I picked up my Gosen Ryoga Shiden and Li Ning N90. Still fun to pull it out for a short 15 minute session here and there to see just how much my technique's improved.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would've loved to keep mine just for novelty purposes but I couldn't justify such an expensive racquet collecting dust in my bag.

As it is still a hot commodity currently, I decided to sell it and recover some money for another racquet!
    Last edited by bos_dc2; 12-17-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bos_dc2 View Post
    I would've loved to keep mine just for novelty purposes but I couldn't justify such an expensive racquet collecting dust in my bag.

As it is still a hot commodity currently, I decided to sell it and recover some money for another racquet!
    You can probably buy it back for less than you sold it - it'll depcreciate through the floor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    You can probably buy it back for less than you sold it - it'll depcreciate through the floor.
    that's true but i'll probably wait till another guinness record holder has risen.

It's probably going to be the Z-apocalypse