User Tag List

Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanoray z-speed has 300mm BP? then it ain't no longer head-light BP like any other Nanoray series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double negative aside, the BP isn't the be all and end all as far as handling goes. In any case, the goal of the Nanoray series isn't to be headlight, it's speed and repulsion (at least according to the official description from the Yonex website). It just happens to be the case that one of the easiest ways to increase speed is to lighten the head. As I see it, as long as they've managed to maintain the speed of the racquet, it pretty much belongs in the range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yuki onitsura View Post
    Double negative aside, the BP isn't the be all and end all as far as handling goes. In any case, the goal of the Nanoray series isn't to be headlight, it's speed and repulsion (at least according to the official description from the Yonex website). It just happens to be the case that one of the easiest ways to increase speed is to lighten the head. As I see it, as long as they've managed to maintain the speed of the racquet, it pretty much belongs in the range.

Something to add-on.

Swing Speed increased by 10%

Every element of this racquet has been designed to increase swing speed. A new frame cross section and ULTRA SLIM LONG SHAFT, together with cutting edge materials NANOMETRIC* and X-FULLERENE, make the NANORAY Z-SPEED the most aerodynamic racquet that YONEX has ever produced.
    *NANOMETRIC is the new material which applies the NANOALLOYTM Technology of Toray Industries, Inc.

Frame construction provides fast swing and head-heavy balance

To balance the heavy racquet head, the frame has been made smaller to maintain the fast swing demanded by advanced players.
    By reducing the drag caused by air resistance, the head-heavy feeling is reduced and racquet handling speed is increased.

This is taken from Yonex website. Main objective, AERODYNAMIC=SPEED. So not necessary headlight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. For a second I felt Yonex had decided to enter the thread.
    Don't buy everything their marketing tells you, seriously.

Regarding the control/average issue with the Arcsabers - personally I did find Arcsaber rackets to be more controlled than the Nanospeed/Nanoray rackets I tried, but it's entirely possible that was because the BPs/head weights of that range are very comfortable to me. The obvious exception is of course the Z-Slash which had less control and less easily accessible power than a Arc11 or even Arc7 for me. What I mean to say with that is that while all-out 100% well-hit smashes weren't noticeably different, late clears and varied smashes were easier/more powerful with the 'normal' Arcsabers.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Are you really going to put much weight in someone's opinion of the racket who only used it for 2 sessions?
    Not every racket clicks instantly. I never put much weight in other people's first impressions or limited time opinions.
    I personally think that you can only make a fair assessment after 6-8 hours of use. That way you can get used to the swing speed, head weight and so on.
    No, I don't think I'm that naive.

However, all other attibutes aside, my first requirement is the balance of the racquet. I generally prefer racquets in the 285-290 range. Although my BS11 is 292, this is probably as head heavy as I would like to go. With balance points, you can fortunately quantify to some extent unlike other attributes such as feel, control, power etc...

Given the reported BP of 300mm and the fact that several people have stated that this feels heavy, it sort of confirms this - as no player (worth their salt) would ever consider a racquet in the 285-290 range as HH.

Despite this, Yonex considers the NS9900 as HL even though the BP is around 285 - which to me is still even balanced.

But when it comes to other attributes, such as torsional resistance, feel, sweetspot size/position, power, control etc etc, I would not just take the opinion of a couple of people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So will the next version of voltric with the new technology be better? Cos i am loving my vtzf now

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new technology will always be better

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    Really?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    You can't tell me a Kinect is better than a joypad...

It's impossible to use a Kinect and look like a competent adult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow will be the official release of nanoray z speed, the day which history will be made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I booked mine too, RM 600. excited to use them on court.LOL

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"But 'New is always better' is my oldest rule, which makes it the best!"

-Barney Stinson

Sorry. Couldn't resist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wit yy racket, newer doesnt mean better la

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newer doesn't mean better when it comes to anything. More technologically advanced, yes, but better, not always.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

structural and aerodynamic properties yes maybe. material?.i dun thk so. but i buy yy claim in the matrix. i feel my ns9900 has the best repulsion and arcs generally has some kinda hold feel which to eq to numb or damp. btw i hate arcs, almost all of them, kinda show yy is consistent.
    Last edited by concretemad; 09-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yuki onitsura View Post
    Newer doesn't mean better when it comes to anything. More technologically advanced, yes, but better, not always.
    How about a new girl friend?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    How about a new girl friend?
    Most of the time

Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast