User Tag List

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 987 to 1,003 of 1320
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres a 4u?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahehehehe View Post
    Too bad you guys havent tried out the 4U version , it feels reaaaaaaaly different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad you guys havent tried out the 4U version , it feels reaaaaaaaly different
    ZSpeed only comes in 3U and 2U.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you just bought yourself a fake zspeed @@

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cycril View Post
    Ironically, it'll probably play better than the real one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Although I haven't tried it before, I do think I'll accept your idea based on your review =P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ROFLMAO... good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cycril View Post
    It's either a typo, bad memory or bluff...
    I believe he mentioned on another thread that he got zspeed from shuttle-house, and I only see 2u(G4/G5), 3u(G4/G5) in shuttle-house website:
    http://shuttle-house.com/new-cgi/ite...NEX&hid=NR-ZSP

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a 4U? how does it feel compare to the 3U

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    there's a 4U? how does it feel compare to the 3U
    Hahahaha just kidding , everybody knows there is no 4U . Wanted to get the people lively in here

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha just kidding , everybody knows there is no 4U . Wanted to get the people lively in here
    I don't know....based on some of your previous posts, it seems to me that you did indeed buy a fake!
    No need to be embarrassed if you did.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, here it is. Get comfortable.

Nanoray Z-Speed
    3UG4 JP, specced @ 301/88.6, 300/87.5
    Li Ning NS30 @ 29/31 10% p/s, RKEP Ultimate.

Impressions – 9/10

My first thought on seeing George’s Koo picture was “clowngasm”. But I like black-and-orange, and it’s won me over. It’s a bit busy (new techs mean lots of Hot Wheels stickers) but it works. For me.

Fit and finish is generally good, with excellent paint and lacquer, but a few of the grommets weren’t pushed in all the way at the factory and this will cause problems with sharp string angles in the 2/10 area.

I have to say, though – and I’m probably going to say this a few times – that 300+ mm is not a Nanoray. But let’s see what happens.

Stringing – 8/10

This hoop is very strong. Took 29/31 as well as anything I’ve ever strung, and I think it could have gone a lot further. No decal problems (but then I modded my machine to avoid it). Didn't seem know it was being strung, to be honest.

However, while I love the 2+4 pattern, it’s inconsistent on this racket; the middle mains are too far apart and the outer mains are too close together (and there is some uneven spacing of crosses). I know exactly why it’s been done - more on that later - but it still looks odd. Also, the 2/10 area presents a lot of string outside the frame.

Power – 9/10... but...

This is the racket’s selling point, so it has to be good.

If you catch the sweet spot properly there is a lot of power. There’s a satisfying “blast” to it – reminded me of the ZF a bit – and the SBZ is like having an extra kick-point. The smash is excellent, and backhands… I’ve never hit better. The sound is great as well – really meaty when you catch one right. It even drives well, harder than the NR800, but not as hard as the x-stiff headlights. In all honesty, I think this one could have done with being an x-stiff itself; the high balance combined with the SBZ make it lose a bit of stiffness in the swing and on impact.

This sweet spot is unusual, though – it’s not only higher than you’d expect, it doesn’t seem to “blend” into the rest of the string bed. Like a frying pan compared to a wok – very steep sides. Why? The bunched up mains – Yonex has used the HAC to extend the sweet spot vertically, but the only way they were ever going to do it horizontally while shrinking the racket head was to squeeze the outer mains together, and if the shuttle lands on these the bed has very little give (and you don't get that cannon-bang, either).

In short, the SBZ and HAC do seem to work… but the extra reward for accuracy comes with a commensurate penalty for inaccuracy. Real Jekyll-and-Hyde stuff.

Defence – 7/10 for the balance, 6/10 overall

With this kind of balance comes a wildness when trying to defend… usually. I don’t know quite what’s happening here, but this thing defends at least 5-10 mm shorter than the numbers, and is much more “point and shoot” than the equivalent Voltric. But while the head is as fast as, if not faster than, the Z-Slash, the racket as a whole still feels sluggish on occasion… it seems to swing heavier than the numbers. Strange.

Why did I mark it down so hard? Sweet spot again. Miss it, and you’ll lose length on lifts and spray blocks everywhere.

Control – 7/10

A small head will usually offer good control, especially with a denser pattern. The SBZ could have been a mistake if it caused torque, but it doesn’t; it manages to bend back and forth with little or no twist so the frame stays in line pretty much every shot.

I had almost no issues timing it as far as frame hits (and after the Z-Slash this was very welcome) but nailing that "binary switch" sweet spot takes a fair bit of practise; missing it will make your “shot cone” a lot wider.

Feel – 5/10

The auguries were so good: tiny head, 2+4 pattern, thin profile… but I was very disappointed. The new grommet arrangement is definitely reducing string contact with the frame, and there are no MP bumps (which would have helped). The sensation isn't just damped; it's muted, even with the hardest string I could find.

Yonex seem to have gone from one extreme to the other: the NR800 had a definite resonance/ring to it, and the ZF has a very appealing "punch", but this one is dead. Feel (rather, lack of it) is one of my “deal breakers” in a racket, so this was such a let-down.

Value for Money – Import (SP/IP) 7/10; UK 5/10

This is a Yonex racket with two brand-new techs and every exotic material they can throw at it – of course it was going to be expensive. Having said this, $200 for the SP version isn’t that unreasonable. But £190 for the UK version!? I don’t know what planet Yonex are living on sometimes…

Conclusion

To be honest, I’m pretty angry with Yonex about this – what’s the point of having a headlight series and sticking a head heavy racket at the top of it? The NS9900 was/is an outstanding racket and fully deserves a sequel. The NR800 isn’t quite it… but the NR-ZS is far more not it. There is, in fact, nothing “Nanoray-ish” about it whatsoever. As soon as Good Will Hunting told us on the promo video that “… winning is all about who can deliver the fastest smash”, I think I knew I’d had it.

This would have made a very good Voltric, but it’s a sh*t Nanoray, and “Nanoray” is what’s written on it. If you want a car, you don’t buy the top-of-the-range speedboat; you buy a car. The NR-ZS is a very good hard hitter if your technique is consistent (and you don’t care about feel), but I didn’t want a hard hitter; I wanted a Nanoray.

I’ve been trying to find something to compare it to, but it’s almost impossible – it’s got too many idiosyncrasies to match it to anything else out there. Closest I can get is a “ZF/Z-Slash/SW35 mashup”. If its quirks line up with your quirks, you’ll like it. If not… you won’t. Simple as that.

+
    Looks (YMMV)
    Smash power, backhand power… power all round, in fact
    Defends shorter than the numbers – very fast head
    Excellent frame strength and stability
    The new tech actually seems to do something!

-
    Not a Nanoray – does exactly the opposite of what it says on the tin
    Slight fit-and-finish issues out of the box.
    Plays heavier than the numbers
    Very disappointing feel
    Weird-looking (and possibly illegal) string pattern
    Miss that sweet spot, and you’ve pretty much had it (no matter what kind of shot you’re attempting)
    Could anyone compare this to the NR800 and NR750 , it theyre better then i might just sell mine and get one of those . VOLTRIC Z Speed is a pretty hard racket for me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading NRZ reviews as well as noticing from several photos that this beast frame is actually smaller than VTZF and comparable to Arc Z, i better stay away from it. I miss my NS9900.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    I don't know....based on some of your previous posts, it seems to me that you did indeed buy a fake!
    No need to be embarrassed if you did.....
    LOL , i bought the zSpeed from shuttlehouse , genuine seller, 3U4 Version. About $225 overall expenses .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just made simple comparison between Zspeed, Zslash and Zforce

It seems that frame dimension of Zspeed is smaller than Zslash, which in turn is smaller than Zforce

However the length of the shaft of Zspeed is longer than Zslash, which in turn is longer than Zforce

Whilst the length of the handle grip of Zspeed is also longer than Zforce, which in turn is longer than Zslash

IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could anyone compare this to the NR800 and NR750 , it theyre better then i might just sell mine and get one of those . VOLTRIC Z Speed is a pretty hard racket for me
    It's totally different from both of those. I mainly use the NR750 now so I can compare it with that. NRZ is very heavy in the head and takes a lot more effort to swing. Just like Mark said, if you don't get it in that sweet spot the shot pretty much goes no where. Defense is horrible for me compared to any of the other rackets I've used. The NR750 and the NRZ are very different from each other. I'm sticking with the NR750.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slvrdrgn123 View Post
    It's totally different from both of those. I mainly use the NR750 now so I can compare it with that. NRZ is very heavy in the head and takes a lot more effort to swing. Just like Mark said, if you don't get it in that sweet spot the shot pretty much goes no where. Defense is horrible for me compared to any of the other rackets I've used. The NR750 and the NRZ are very different from each other. I'm sticking with the NR750.
    Ah , thanks . Im gonna get myself a 750 , the paint is veeeeeeryyyyyyy stunnnniiiiiiinggggg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what do you think is better ,the 800 or the 750?

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast