User Tag List

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,207 of 1320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SawitTri View Post
    Hello to the Badminton Central Community

This would be my first ever review of a badminton racket so any responses and comments would be greatly appreciated. I have been playing badminton casually for nearly 10 years and had just gotten serious about it in the last few. I mostly play singles, but doubles when playing with friends and relatives. I’ve bought the NanoRay Z-Speed for 2 weeks and had been playing sessions with it a couple of times.

My first impressions of the racket is its weight. Though lighter than my previous muscle power, it isn’t as light as I had expected, having tried a few Nanorays before.

The first 4-5 hours with it wasn’t great. I kept mis-hitting the shuttle or missing it completely. However, I did notice that during the swing, the racket somehow seems to become slightly lighter and it just flew through the air. This is probably due to the Aero-dynamic technologies implemented.

After a couple more sessions, I gradually got used to the smaller head size and its swing. The main thing with this racket is that it requires a considerable amount of wrist power to generate any impressive speed. By the end, I was able to smash, drive and clear like a lot more competently. Drops and backhands are a pleasure. When smashing, the racket generate a very satisfying explosive sound. However, I was not able to feel the shuttle hitting the racket, as if the contact was dampened. Also, the sweet-spot, as many other have mentioned, is higher up on the string bed which means you have to hit the shuttle faster that usual and the timing need to be adjusted to maximise the racket’s abilities

In term of defines, the Z Speed performed considerably well. racket movement was very quick and agile, and again the aero-dynamics design come into play. I was able to return shots that wouldn’t have been possible before. Normal-speed smash and even faster ones I found to be easier to return.

When I gave the ZSP to my friend, who was using the Z-Slash, to try against his rival, the result was even more impressive. Him being already experienced with the Zs’ smaller head shape, he need virtually no time in adapting to it, and was RIPPING smashes. He was shouting “Kneel before zod”, which is an added bonus

In the end, I found the Z Speed to be a really good match for me. However, other people’s experiences might differ. This is certainly not a racket for everybody and most, myself included, will have a hard time “taming’’ it and its full potential will most likely remain ‘locked’ for now, until I become a better player. Though it is labelled it is labelled as a Nanoray, it is nowhere near as headlight. However, it is a great racket on its own and I never regretted buying it or thought of moving back to my previous ones. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and again, I am happy to listen to any suggestions regarding my review or anything in general.
    I'm also new to the badminton forum and would like to add my experience with the Nanoray Z-Speed to the forum. I have been playing badminton as a regular recreational player for the past two years and mainly playing in doubles. I have been using the Z-Speed racquet for past three months and was quite happy with it coming from Yonex Carbonex, NanoSpeed, ArcSaber and Armortec line. This head-heavy Z-Speed racquet (3UG5) was strung with BG80 with 26 LB tension and my first impression was the astounding power of smash, ease of effortless clear and drop. Though the head of the racquet is relatively smaller compared to standard isometric head, defense did require extra effort but can be adjusted accordingly overtime. Compared to ArcSaber Z-Slash, Z-Speed, to me, does not suffer from timing issue. In my opinion this racquet excels in attacking than defensing. I do agree with majority of the forum that this is a head-heavy racquet and does belong to Voltric line than Nanoray line. To maintain the playability or the attributes of the Z-Speed, I would recommend restringing as soon as the string begins to weaken. Overall, I'm quite happy with Z-Speed and does work well for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well well well.... Sunrise Click is now having a sale on the Z Speed. .. 570 without string, and 605 with. Not just any string though... its the JP version.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post

bro vajrasattva, wats the wet weight on ur 2U NZSP ?
    does it felt less numbed compare to 3U counterpart?
    yes its a lot less numbed compared to the 3u counterpart.

the wet weight of my racquets.. you wont wanna know man.. its ridiculous. i needed a g4 but since it was a g5 i had two overgrips over the stock grip to get it to size. as such the wet weight now is 109 grams.

headweight by visor's method is 45.4g

on the other hand, after toying with it for more than a month now (about 7-8 sessions) i figured one thing, you will only benefit from the NRZsP if you can get the upper half of the frame to "flex" or to "snap", that is the reason why they had that interesting flex zone on the frame.

as such for most regular hitting styles, the nrzsp wont work. you know the "feeling" when you try to hit the string bed against the lower part of your palm just to hear the pitch of the string bed? if you can incorporate that when hitting a shuttle, then you will start seeing benefits of the nrZSP.

the overall swing feel of the racquet still feels rather speedy (the only NR trait present) despite the balance and the headweight, but the only avenue where it had failed, was the requirement for one to change and adapt to it. definitely not for everyone, but if you are willing to commit to it for a period of time, there can be possibly good returns.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When u say "commit to it for a period of time", how long r we looking at ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why so complicated? For me is a matter to get use to it, just like I got use to Zslash. Just buy and whack it hard...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    When u say "commit to it for a period of time", how long r we looking at ?
    4-5 sessions (2hrs each). but it still depends on individuals, could be faster/slower for some. its not something that is "pick from store" and allow one to use it to its maximum potential immediately. the structure and design is different.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's bout 8-10 hrs...time which could have been spent in a better way.

The racket should suit the master not the other way round. If after 1-2 sessions, I don't feel the racket bonding with me then it's just not meant to b...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's bout 8-10 hrs...time which could have been spent in a better way.

The racket should suit the master not the other way round. If after 1-2 sessions, I don't feel the racket bonding with me then it's just not meant to b...
    a matter of preference. 8-10 hours is nothing.

there's just so many ways a "standard" racquet can be made. if there are no extreme designs, there wont be any "new" achievements.

its like being a good badminton player, you need to combine both training and racquet at 50% contribution each. one cannot expect not to change, and keep doing the same thing all over, making the same moves etc, ahd hope that one day.. bam!, that he will achieve something extraordinary..

one has to go beyond the comfort zone to be able to have the chance to improve, that is if he/she is interested in taking the sport to that level.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me get this straight:
    . Spent $$$ to get hi-tech racket
    . Expect new tech to contribute 50%
    . Spent 10 hrs to adapt

Errr...don't believe any of the above : )

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. Spent 10 hrs to adapt

that's small $$? dont make it sound like a car or home mortgage. its just a toy.

and you probably need to brush up on your interpretation skills. the implication of the previous post suggests the necessity to combine both training and racquet choice/preference at equal contributions

simple experiment. there are some of those wierd quirks that tout that "racquet doesnt matter" and all that, and then they seem so selective about what they use and the weight class. when offered a headheavy 3U/2U, they comment in the local form of english : "wah, like this how to play? so heavy how to defend?".. so much so for "racquet doesnt matter".

if you are given a new tool to do something, and if you wish to make the best out of it, dont be lazy and work on it.
    Last edited by vajrasattva; 12-22-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. Spent 10 hrs to adapt

- Some people spend $$$$$$$ to get a hi-tech supercars
    - They expect to drive it like racing-car drivers even though they realize the street legal law does not allow them
    - They keep driving for hours the machine that could probably kill them

Yet those "expensive toys" are all over the globe, sounds unbelievable

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. Spent 10 hrs to adapt

so with regards to your MX JJS, did you spend time to get used to it or did you get rid of it in an instance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just my comments:

1) you bought the NRZP knowingly that this is a smaller frame and slightly heavy head... yet you still buy.
    2) you bought the racket knowingly that you cannot smash 493km/h

so why buy it in the first place?/

1) buy a light head if you want to play defence.
    2) buy a balance and slight heavy head if you want to play attacking double
    3) buy a heavy head if you play single

NRZP is not a bad racket... it require certain skill upgrade if you could not handle it in the first place:

1) Accuracy - need more practice on contact of the shuttle ( you will be rewarded with a accurate shot at the opponent)

2) speed - dun expect NRZP to deliver all the speed for you... in contrast, you need to pump in more speed on the wrist reflex to achieve faster smash!

3) Strength - i would encourage you to get a training racket or racket cover to train you wrist power in order to wield this beast.

Lastly.... you will be rewarded with the full potential of this racket with your skill upgrade at the same time! if you are lazy, just stick to the regular racket you are using and don't buy any new racket off the shelf.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(yawn)...what do u think? Lol...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(yawn)...what do u think? Lol...
    well..

Hi Victor fans

I nd advice bout MXJJS n BS12. Recently I just bought MXJJS. It is a beautiful piece. A real head-turner! On court, it played well n was quite pleased. But I also find it to b a tad heavy (4u) n a tad stiff. Hence, BS12 caught my attention.

My background:
    I play mostly doubles, an all-rounder with smashes. Previously, I used Vt60 then upgrading myself to Vt70 but found it a tad heavy then change to ArcS11. But ArcS11 doesnt seem to give me enough power on court. Basically I evaluated my rackets as follow:
    . Smashing:
    Vt70 > MXJJS > ArcS11
    . Back to back clear:
    MXJJS = Vt70 > ArcS11
    . Netplay:
    ArcS11 > MXJJS > Vt70

All rackets r strung with BG66Ultmx, tension 23 lbs.

Can any Victor fans help me out:
    - Would MXJJS suit me better than the YY rackets?
    - OR Would BS12 suit my playing style?
    - How long (playing hours) should I clock to know a racket's suitability?

Tks
    Had a short session with TK6ooo today.

Background
    Am high beginner/low intermediate level. Prefer mid-stiff to stiff, head heavy rackets. Alternating between MX-JJS (4u,g5) for all-round play n VT70 (3u,g5) for aggressive play. Both strung with BG66UM, 24 lbs.

TK6ooo is my dream racket come true...combining some elements frm my previous two rackets: MX-JJS with VT70. Though my review is brief n short, u get the idea...it's that gooood...
    err......

so you eventually tried to adapt to it or?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like we have a stalker here...lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this says is that TeddyC has tested and found a racket that really suits. He is right that after a number of sessions you know whether a racket suits you or not.

I have the luxury of testing many rackets and there are very few that I really want to play with. Some of the 5 star rackets have been excellent performers but I wouldn't want to play with them. However, at least I'd know they are good at the job if I had no choice.

I've made bad mistakes when choosing rackets in the past, being lured by the marketing and finding out later they were simply not for me.

I do respect I am in a fortunate position that I get to test so many rackets depending on what my retailer contacts provide me or my sponsor. Most of the time I have to test with manufacture string and I've done this for years. It doesn't stop my reviews and I'm used to playing with lower tension. For me the weight, balance and aerodynamics combined tell me whether I like the feel of the racket or not and whether it performs well or not.

I still consider Z Speed a disappointment and hope Yonex introduces some amazing rackets next year. My prediction for Yonex in 2014 is the replacement of Arcsaber range.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk