Need help getting another racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by haunt3dWinGz, May 30, 2013.

1. haunt3dWinGz

haunt3dWinGz New Member

Hey forum, I'm new to this but I've been reading threads for few months as a non-member, thought I'd sign up and ask for some advice.

I've been playing badminton on and off for 4 years now and just play recreational with other club members that varies from beginners to intermediates. I would put myself in the middle of the two levels.

My first racket was the 'Carlton Fireblade Iso S-Lite', I really liked that racket until I whacked it on the ground due to shear frustration of myself playing poor shots (which I'm regretting still, since I can't find the same racket anymore.) I've moved on to the 'Carlton Vapour Trail Storm' (last October '12). Here are the specs for each of the rackets;

Carlton Fireblade Iso S-Lite
    Length: 670mm
    Frame Weight: 84g
    Balance: Head Light
    Flex: Medium
    String Tension: 22lbs (I think)
    Head Shape: IsoFrame

Carlton Vapour Trail Storm
    Length: 670mm
    Frame Weight: 87g
    Balance: Head Light
    Flex: Medium
    String Tension: 18-28lbs
    Head Shape: Optimetric

I play doubles mainly but also singles now and then. I can smash but rarely manage to finish them from the back but I can clear from the back to the opponents back. I have a poor touch with net shots since I can't finish them off.

I don't mind sticking with Carlton but am open ears to other racket brands. After reading all 82 pages of the Adidas badminton racket reviews I don't mind trying that out.

I've looked at 'Carlton Razor 1.3' and also 'adidas F500', I don't know which of them two would be better but then again I don't mind playing with a different racket balance. My budget is up to $125

Feel free to ask me anymore questions that I haven't mentioned in this thread.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

:confused:

Why do you want a new racket? What do you want the new one to do that your current one doesn't?

3. haunt3dWinGz

haunt3dWinGz New Member

I gave the price in dollars cause that's where majority of the users are from. Well for UK people then the figure would be £80ish then.

It's going to be my back up racket but I may just use it as a new one and make the Carlton Vapour Trail Storm as my back up instead.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if the VT Storm is working out fine, your backup racket should be the same one! that is if you're serious about improving your badminton skills. just keeping it simple that's all :)

but if you're just recreational and just wanted to try out other rackets, buy whatever you want since it won't matter that much :)

#4 gundamzaku, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  5. haunt3dWinGz

haunt3dWinGz New Member

Thanks for the tip =]

I was wondering is there going to be a difference if I get a racket that isn't 'head light' ?