Li Ning N80

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gundamzaku, May 30, 2013.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    w/ Li Ning AP101N @ 24x25.

bought the last piece from CYF store in Hong Kong for $1600HKD. at E78 it was selling for $2500HKD. in reality, badminton alley in sunnyvale are selling Li Ning rackets at a lower price :(

had it strung last night and will be playing this afternoon, taking half a day off from work so i can go play at noon for two hours. yes, my vacation days are saved so that i can take time off to go play badminton, sad, but true!

AP101N is 0.66mm thick, but when stretching, it felt like the more repulsive string like BG65/BG70Pro. this is my first time using the string so i don't know what to expect, and usually i don't read reviews before because it might skewed my judgment? also because i'm not really looking for a new string anymore, i'm just using this string because it was free and i've never used it before.

i'm just so excited that i couldn't wait till after the session to post i had to do it now while i'm at work, hehehe. anyway, more to come after the hitting session, for sure!!! :)

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    AP101N @ 24x25lbs plays like other 0.66mm string.

i tested the racket playing mixed doubles just FYI.

comparing this setup to my N90 w/ BG65 @ 24x25lbs

this string is a bit stiffer than the bg65 that i'm used to. tho it's advertised on the packaging that it has good repulsion, it's comparatively stiffer than the bg65. power shots required a bit more effort, but slice drops both forehand and backhand were more accurate, so i was able to cut it closer to the tape of the net. the racket is definitely lighter than my n90 and n50, but it is still head heavy. the sharp edges on the frame makes the racket very maneuverable and actually a bit too fast for me in the beginning. my timing was a bit off on my drives and i framed a couple of shots, but later adjusted. i want to believe that the flex of the shaft is stiffer than the n90 but i think because the n90 is a bit head heavier so it causes the shaft to flex more when i play. i will have to restring this racket with BG65 to accurately determine whether the string does play into the balance of the racket.

this racket definitely swing on the heavier side and the only other rackets i have that swings heavier is the N90 and N50 i have. at first i thought my voltric 3 ltd was heavy being 3u head heavy. but after using the N80, i know the voltric 3 swings lighter and possibly most if not all yonex 3u head heavy racket.

after testing for a few games i went back to my current go-to racket which is a Nanoray300 with BG65 @ 25x26lbs and i was able to move around a lot quicker and generate a lot more power tho it's a lighter racket due to the flexible shaft and the bouncy string :)