Creating your own hybrid set of string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by paulstewart64, Jun 3, 2013.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Approximately 20 years ago I used to play around with string and create interesting combinations. Back then, Ashaway Rally 21 was the "in" string in UK. I used to create my own hybrid combinations by either using the same string but different colours in the mains and crosses, or by mixing two sets and using a differnt gauge in the mains compared to crosses.

I recently tested the Adidas hybrid string and was very impressed. This got me thinking about experimenting again. When I move to Victor in September I am going to test 800 with 650 to see what I get, or another string with 850.

I'm also considering testing BG65Ti in mains with BG80 power in crosses and a few other variations.

As you can imagine, this prompted me to seek opinions from other players or stringers which combinations they have tested and the results they achieved.

So, over to you. Please provide details of your tests and whether they were succesful or not?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Photo-24-07-13-1-29-12-PM.jpg
    Not much experimentation happening here, Paul! :rolleyes:

I just got myself a gifted packet of Power Hybrid strings too, so I'm keen to see how they go. I was impressed with them at the Adidias demo day here in Melbourne.

3. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    There are also the TOALSON Synchro hybrid strings which first hit the market in 2007.