shoes: yonex, asics or adidas?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by carlol, Nov 28, 2003.

1. carlol

carlol Regular Member

entreprenuer
    1) whats the better badminton shoe brand?
    2) which is the more durable brand?

i'm assuming yonex is the most sport specific of them all.... is that a wrong assumption?

2. Ashish

Ashish Regular Member

student
    You can do a search or read under the REview section for Yonex shoes.. theres quite a good number of topics covering these shoes

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

a lot of factors depends on which model of shoes you get. Several manufacturers make badminton shoes for badminton players.

4. choajcj

choajcj New Member

management
    Between the 3, I would say that Yonex is the least durable. I wore my shoe down in a few months of playing 2x a week. I wouldn't recommend it if durability is an issue.

Some Adidas models, however, have very stiff and hard soles. It is very uncomfortable to wear.

So, I guess I would have to recommend Asics to you. Personally, I use the Gel-Tactic and it is very comfortable. Get a model with rhinoskin at the toe area because it is suppose to resist tearing due to constant lunging in badminton.:)

5. Toaster

Toaster Regular Member

i would have to say go ASICS after i have tried all three

yonex just didnt last long enough for me
    adidas didnt last that long and it wasnt that comfortable to wear

asics has very good durability while offering the best support out of all three

6. Saiful

Saiful Regular Member

Travel Agency Manager
    For me i am using victor court shoe. So far i've been using this shoe for 3 months and still like new. I have not tried yonex court shoe, but i found it from friends it is a bit hard and the sole tend to be slippery after a quite some time.

7. Traum

Traum Regular Member

IMO, the durability of the lower end Yonex shoes aren't bad. My pair of SHB 55LT has last me well over six months now, and there is only a minor tear on the side of my non-racquet foot, close to the ball of the foot where that part of the shoe bends a lot.

A few other friends also have the SHB 55LT, and our shoes all seem to be outlasting my other friend's SHB 92s.

-Rick

8. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i really like the yonex badminton shoes. they are quite light and performance is quite good. the downside is the durability, most of the yonex shoes i wear wear out in a year or less. Some say they're uncomfortable, but with a pad (like dr schols or custom made) they're fine IMO.

Durability-wise, I think Asics are the most durable out of the group you mentioned. Next would be Yonex and then Adidas (from the models I've worn). Not mentioned in the list, but I think Head shoes are extra durable but performance wise, it's a no-no on my list.

yonex is a big name for badminton. they don't have high end shoes for all sports, but you never know, they do make stuff for snowboarding (JP).