Dizzyness, "backsnapping" and occasional "neck snapping"

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Henzington, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Henzington

Henzington Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys,

I have a couple of problems that added up for like a year or so.

The first one being that sometimes, every 2 months, when I move my head rapidly and generally when I raise my shoulders when doing that I get a very numb pain on the left side of my neck. I get a very warm feeling like blood is rushing heavily in that area. I asked my school sports teacher once if he knows what this might be and he told me I should do "neck-stretching".
    Now Im asking you guys what this might be and how I can prevent it. I feel like this can be really dangerous since it can cause such temporal pain.

The second problem would be dizzyniess. This generally happens maximum once in a month but when it does I feel like I am collapsing. My side-vision goes black (only in extreme cases), my breathing slows down. Normally these effects last for 8 seconds and after that I can continue playing normally.
    Yesterday, it happened when it was pretty hot in the hall.
    What should I do? Should I drink more water (i drink like half a liter every hour)? Should I run every day instead of playing Badminton 2 days a week for 4-5 hours?

Also,
    I sometimes have a slight kneepain on my right knee. Usually this is when I try to put much weight on my right leg while twisting it to the side. Like, when I turn my upper body to clear while my right foot is still on the ground.
    Should I be more careful? Should I put more stress on my knees on a regular basis?

Lastly, Sometimes (1/12) when I get up from a chair I hear a dampened snap from my lower/middle spine. It causes no pain but it cant be good can it? Google sais it is probably pressure released from the spine from light scoliosis...
    Can this be linked to my neck-snapping?

The only meds im taking is Terbinafin for my onychomycosis (nail - fungus).

Should I visit a doctor?

David

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I think you should read your last sentence and do that.
    Good luck.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Yikes, even if you visit your doctor, you better not expect him/her to sort thru that whole list of problems in one visit. ;)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Listen to those two guys. They know what they are talking about. Much more than most of us here.

5. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    i got the same second problem. usually i drink more plain water before, during and after jog... or game.

6. Henzington

Henzington Regular Member

Student
    thanks for the responese! I made a doctors appointment.

7. alprausch

alprausch Regular Member

Yeah ive had the second problem too. Thats probably cuz you have a low blood pressure, drinking much will help. You cant tell me that you drink like 8 liter a day?! If you only drink much while playing, i think you should try drinking more in the time before playing, since it might take some time for your body till the liquid gets into your system and if you sweat a lot, you might sweat out everything before anything gets into your blood system. Browse google or ask your doctor for more tips against low blood pressure, i think salt raises blood pressure too, but too much salt is pretty unhealthy.

8. orangeong2

orangeong2 Regular Member

Student
    yeah i think u you better consult a doctor. sometimes reading online articles isn't that reliable. too much different info out here..