plyometrics

Discussion in 'Thomas Laybourn Forum' started by Chia, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    Hi Thomas,
    I was wondering if u do plyometrics in your training, and what excercises do u use to make u jump higher. Since i naturally dont jump very high, i was wondering if u have any tips for me.

Thanks,
    Chia

2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Chi, try this website. It has a plyometric workout fro all stages and abilities

Netfit

3. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hi Chia

About the plymetric workout, can you specify it in a word that i now because the word plymetric is not in my dictionary...:D

About the jump question that´s a tough question because usually it is something you are born with to be explosive and fast on the court, but offcourse you can always improve no matter your skills. The most important thing is your muscles in your legs, they have to be really strong but not big if you can follow me. When your muscles are big they become very slow and thats not good for badminton. When we do our weight training we allways take less kilos and more repetitions to make the muscles very fast and strong. Maybe ask Jonas for some tips i have an idea that he might have a tip or to.

Thomas

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Thomas, Plyometrics are exercises designed specifically to aid and make your jumping and explosive movement better and faster.

Chia, I would also suggest the "Physical training for badminton" book by Bo Omossegaard (hope the spelling is correct). It will give you all the information that you will need for any part of your workout, but the one drawback is it is very technical, and quite dated but most of the book still applies today.

5. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    thanks a lot thomas, thanks dill