User Tag List

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 345
  1. #103
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    not difficult at all,my friend.
    if they are on a rather good level,they wont get thrashed last week.
    goh is a great player,said that long time ago,but no suitable partner for him.
    the serve of lim appear more than his flash of brilliant in most of the match.
    he need some counseling on this matter,just like chan peng soon~
    Yes, most that are close to bam, knows Goh is a good player with no good partners. They tried to pair koo and Goh in Thomas cup once but no good came out.

    Lim is good at mid court but has a bad serve, so Goh has to serve and setup the play, it's kind of weird.

    Lim is exceptional when it come to mid court and intercept but he lost as many points as he won it.

  2. #104
    Regular Member M3Series's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post

    i don`t think there is any other left handed front court player in the top 20 pairs, is there
    Did you forget about mathias boe ? His netting skills are awfully awesome. But he rarely dominate the front court. And he's a lefty too.

    About the taunting, you guys are overeact. Taunting in your own turf is probably the only advantage that you have in your arsenal.

    I say the umpire might been ask why he would let such thing happen, but honestly, nobody can deny the excitement that they gave to the spectators. We all did cheer upon that too.

    I wish this pair could go further while they still can. The only thing concerns me is that will BAM favors them into big tourneys again ? They have prooved they wont against the same opponent that beat their ' big brother ' in the 1st round.

    Lastly, I still think Goh V Shem should find a better partner. But not sure if such partner exist in BAM's pool.

  3. #105
    Regular Member soulpx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Borneo
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy84 View Post
    errr .... is it legal to do such action?

    let's forget who started first, but i think the umpire should warn both of them about their taunting act.

    Luckily it happened in their home ground. If they do outside, not so sure what is gonna to happen.
    why the umpire should warn both of them? its not like they were insulting each other or making body contact. they were just show body gestures to boost the heat of game like Goh did in game 1 when he keep smashing and the shuttle goes long at the back of the court by CB/HW. Goh made a signal with his hand as showing "bring it on, keep lifting, i can smash it, i have amazing stamina, we not like our two big brother you kicked in the first round". fans are just overreacting about this matter, it was just four young boys enjoying a badminton with crazy crowd support. being a sporting umpire, edy rufianto is always a professional umpire that suit to md and ms match. he loves the game and enjoyed it, you can see he just smiled when both pairs lifted their hands at the game point and the end of game 1. the four boys were still under control and were just playing with the crowd. no point to spoil the party by giving a card or warn if all going well. i know he absolutely understand when to do that.

  4. #106
    Regular Member M3Series's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    why the umpire should warn both of them? its not like they were insulting each other or making body contact. they were just show body gestures to boost the heat of game like Goh did in game 1 when he keep smashing and the shuttle goes long at the back of the court by CB/HW. Goh made a signal with his hand as showing "bring it on, keep lifting, i can smash it, i have amazing stamina, we not like our two big brother you kicked in the first round". fans are just overreacting about this matter, it was just four young boys enjoying a badminton with crazy crowd support. being a sporting umpire, edy rufianto is always a professional umpire that suit to md and ms match. he loves the game and enjoyed it, you can see he just smiled when both pairs lifted their hands at the game point and the end of game 1. the four boys were still under control and were just playing with the crowd. no point to spoil the party by giving a card or warn if all going well. i know he absolutely understand when to do that.
    Agreed. Umpire should only warn if the opponent doesn't like the taunting. Other than that I think it's just overreacting.

  5. #107
    Regular Member hellboy84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sungai Buloh , Malaysia
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    why the umpire should warn both of them? its not like they were insulting each other or making body contact. they were just show body gestures to boost the heat of game like Goh did in game 1 when he keep smashing and the shuttle goes long at the back of the court by CB/HW. Goh made a signal with his hand as showing "bring it on, keep lifting, i can smash it, i have amazing stamina, we not like our two big brother you kicked in the first round". fans are just overreacting about this matter, it was just four young boys enjoying a badminton with crazy crowd support. being a sporting umpire, edy rufianto is always a professional umpire that suit to md and ms match. he loves the game and enjoyed it, you can see he just smiled when both pairs lifted their hands at the game point and the end of game 1. the four boys were still under control and were just playing with the crowd. no point to spoil the party by giving a card or warn if all going well. i know he absolutely understand when to do that.
    Owh .... okey .... just not so sure about the rules in terms of taunting/mocking to your opponents (i never see players taunting each other before this, not in the higher level).

    Then i should agree with you and M3Series about we just overreacting in this issue.

  6. #108
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Badminton is too much of a gentleman's sport and rather dull... (quoted in part)
    I beg to differ

    Wild gesticulations, in-your-face aggression and taunting are NOT what make badminton lively. It's the pace, the power, the skills, the quick thinking, the deft touches, the twists and turns...

    Cricket too is an out-and-out gentleman's sport.
    But no one would term it 'dull' (even when the Australians aren't sledging).
    In fact, any deviant behaviour is met with the comment "that's just not cricket".

    I'm not advocating that everyone walk around in abject politeness and gallantry.
    A bright fire in your eyes and visible aggression in your play are good enough for most occasions.

    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy84 View Post
    errr .... is it legal to do such action?...
    let's forget who started first, but i think the umpire should warn both of them about their taunting act... (quoted in part)
    See The Laws of Badminton 16.6.3 and 16.6.4
    See Players Code of Conduct 4.1.1 and 4.17

    IMHO, the umpire did a poor job of controlling the proceedings.
    He should have intervened right away to warn against taunting.

    Players have been warned for much less (shaking one's fist at the opponent, finger-wagging, etc). However, do note that shouts and gestures NOT directed at the opponent (or at anyone else) are totally within the rules.

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Then there's some ppl like nokh88 thinking that badminton is too gentlemanly and needs some edginess.

    But yes, staring down and shouting at your opponent after winning a point (like Boe/Mo and Lim is in my books an unnecessary behavior that I don't want any young or old player to emulate at all.
    Heartily seconded

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Yes, most that are close to bam, knows Goh is a good player with no good partners. They tried to pair koo and Goh in Thomas cup once but no good came out.

    Lim is good at mid court but has a bad serve, so Goh has to serve and setup the play, it's kind of weird.

    Lim is exceptional when it come to mid court and intercept but he lost as many points as he won it.
    haha~~~i cant help but imagine they will fight on court like the thai's

    hopefully lkw will improve.
    or tan boon heong can throw koo away and request for partnership with Goh

  8. #110
    Regular Member hellboy84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sungai Buloh , Malaysia
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    haha~~~i cant help but imagine they will fight on court like the thai's
    That's what i'm concerned about ... provocations ended up with fighting .... hopefully it will not happen.

  9. #111
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,487
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy84 View Post
    That's what i'm concerned about ... provocations ended up with fighting .... hopefully it will not happen.
    Nah, don't worry... unless Tan partners Goh in a vicious match against Koo and Lim... then that's when sparks may fly...

  10. #112
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Goh partner with Tbh will it be better than Goh/ LKW? Anyway congrats to them for winning MO. Hopefully they can improve in the next tournament. LKW seriously need to improve his serves.

  11. #113
    Regular Member hellboy84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sungai Buloh , Malaysia
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Nah, don't worry... unless Tan partners Goh in a vicious match against Koo and Lim... then that's when sparks may fly...
    Then we will see Tan chasing Koo around the court. Hahaha

  12. #114
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    11,903
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This victorious MAS pair deserves praise for beating first the 'notorious' DEN BoMo combo and went on to win the title to bring so much joy to the home crowd.

    It would have been better if they did not get so worked up and taunt their opponents although it would appear from reports here that CHN started first. I thought GVS was the main culprit and I hope he will change for the better.

    In any case, congrats to them and hope they will bring more joy to MAS fans.

  13. #115
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    At the Indian Badminton League, Goh V Shem was the quintessential gentleman all through the tournament.
    Perhaps this unusual outburst at the Malaysia Open 2014 was provoked by something behind-the-scenes.

    We need inside info from the BAM

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not fr China, not fr M'sia
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy84 View Post
    Then we will see Tan chasing Koo around the court. Hahaha
    more like Koo chasing Tan around. TBH is too much of a coward to start chasing... lol lol lol

  15. #117
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe it was the coach's strategy..

  16. #118
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The MO final was the only professional match when I seen them act like that. Even in the SF against Rian/Angga where it was EXTREMELY CLOSE, they have never acted like that, which is why I'm very puzzled.

  17. #119
    Regular Member hellboy84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sungai Buloh , Malaysia
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    The MO final was the only professional match when I seen them act like that. Even in the SF against Rian/Angga where it was EXTREMELY CLOSE, they have never acted like that, which is why I'm very puzzled.
    Too excited maybe?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •