Carlton Vapour Trail Elite

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by johnnycorcoran, Jun 10, 2013.

1. johnnycorcoran

johnnycorcoran Regular Member

Photographer
    Just checking,
    Is there TWO Carlton Vapour Trail Elite?
    Such as 2011 in silver/black and 2013 in gold,white and black?

Seems the same weight, etc! 2013 are much improving or just tiny bit different?

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i kinda wanna know too before i buy my first Elite!!!

3. johnnycorcoran

johnnycorcoran Regular Member

Photographer
  4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
  5. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    There are 3 different types. The 2010 version which was metallic orange I think, the 2011 version which is metallic black/silver and the 2013 version which is black and yellow with some white accents.

6. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

There was an original debate between the 2010 and 2011 model. Those who had tried both said the 2010 model was much stiffer and a better feeling racket. I just can't understand why they would give something the same name if it is a completely different racket.

Has anyone bought the newest version yet? I'm keen to find out if it's the same as the 2010 model.

7. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    There are also so many different models down the line. Carlton seems to be revamping their entire range. It is very confusing as in the old system, there were only the iso head range, Powerblade>Fireblade>VapourTrail, then the oval range which was always called Air-something, plus the beginners' range. Then it was nice when they distinguish the balance point by lite>tour>elite respectively. Now it is a complete mess. I have no idea what to choose from, I also have no idea what the levels those rackets are. Many prices are overlapping and it confuses your choices.

Top of the range is still Kinesis, then the strange Razor, Vapour Trail still exists apparently, then the Air, which is strange as well as they have both iso and oval rackets, finally the cheaper ranges Ignite and isoblade.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Also the gold original Elite (89gr. "frame weight") is older than 2010 (2009), so I guess they revamp it every two years ...

The Vapour TRrail series is the optometric (semi-iso) is it not? Not some low range iso model ... The current Air range is indeed more confusing. But the website should be clear enough going from high to low [​IMG]

#8 demolidor, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  9. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    Carlton is now on its third revamp of the Vapour Trail Elite and each new version is slightly different from its predecessor. The 2011 version - which is the one I own - was several grams heavier than the original. According to both 'direct badminton and 'sport direct' the 2013 model now weights around 90 grams, approximately 5g lighter than its predecessor. The suggested retail price for the 2013 model is around £30 cheaper as well. Other changes are the inclusion of vectran into the frame (again, according to sports direct). I have two VTEs and they are by far the most demanding rackets I have ever owned. Having said that, they are excellent performers.