YONEX TI 8

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by GNS, Apr 10, 2001.

1. GNS

GNS Guest

Hey everyone i read from someoens post eariler that YONEX wont be making anymore Ti 8s?? why is this again?? I have another qs.. i recently had a tourni and i did lots of big smashes then after 1 of them i kept hittign the frame and when the contact of it it sounded very very odd adn diffrent. it sounded liek soemthign was broken and i looked at it adn nothing was wrong. i use ti8 with bg65ti strings at 23 or 24lbs. and then i had to switch to my ab 1000. please can anyone help me with these topics? i lost due to this ina finals match agenst last years island champ. Thank you. :)

2. ari

ari Guest

get it before it is gone,,i am sure indonesia still has this ...to me it is great racket...worth buying,for any kind of rackets,try to hit it right at the centre of the string or else after of hard-hitting moments,you will have to part with it.dun string it at very high tension,anyway are u from indonesia?or u are indonesian?

3. GNS

GNS Guest

No i am Canadian but chinese... born in Canada... background is Hong kong. yes i agree it is the best racket! but is it true? why are they doing htis? thanks

4. ari

ari Guest

it is discussed before and they say because ti8 product line is very close to ti7,so they eliminate it...

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The Ti8 is in the Yonex 2001 catalogue so probably premature thinking about its demise.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it's not in the US Yonex catalog. they are probably cutting it for the US/North America market.

7. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Prehaps, i still find plently of Ti-8s here in Singapore. If there is any Ti rackets in the shop, it would be the Ti-8

8. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Yeah, Yonex has discontinued the Ti-8. Some retailers here in the America still have some and I can refer some to you. But in the new 2001 Yonex catalog, the Ti-10, 7, and 5 is only visable.

9. winzsurf

winzsurf New Member

Hi all

Can I still find Yonex Ti-8 in Singapore or Malaysia these days?

If yes, please advise where to get?

Regards
    Winzsurf