User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 358
  1. #69
    Regular Member davlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Couldn't wait..

  2. #70
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    Remeasured my TK6000 4U: 42.2g head weight, and 95.1g total weight. I can't re-measure other rackets I listed since I returned them to their owners.
    Yeah, that's a bit beasty. Too beasty for me.

  3. #71
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,603
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    I should have mentioned earlier that I had RKEP G09 grip on it and it's strung with NBG99, 4UG5. It's ~3-5g less than my normal 3Us, e.g. AT900T 3UG5 (NBG99, G09) is 98g and 43.7g head weight.
    Assuming string weight is 3.4g and grip wt is 7g, then dry wt is 84.7g and dry head wt is 38.4g.

    Not too beasty
    Same head wt as the 4U VT80 and VTZF that I used to have. Manageable for fast MD but requires strong shoulder and forearm.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    kelowna, BC
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what's the best way to measure head weight?

  5. #73
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,603
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tranqq View Post
    what's the best way to measure head weight?
    I'm glad you asked...

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...f-swing-weight

    Now go measure your 3U JJS and we'll see about my 4U.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It doesn't feel the same as vt70. I played a lot with the 2 (TK6K is my current, and I tried vt70 for 2 months), and you really shouldn't buy one because you liked the other^^
    The difference in BP is quite big, and the TK feels more repulsive/bouncy/lively/uncontrolable to me (don't know which word fits best, but you got the idea). I you are physically agressive and always try to put speed in the shuttle, you can try the TK. If you want to control the pace more, you will not like it at all.
    (as you can guess, I'm quite mad on the court, and I love it

  7. Likes disci liked this post
  8. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibaSt View Post
    It doesn't feel the same as vt70. I played a lot with the 2 (TK6K is my current, and I tried vt70 for 2 months), and you really shouldn't buy one because you liked the other^^
    The difference in BP is quite big, and the TK feels more repulsive/bouncy/lively/uncontrolable to me (don't know which word fits best, but you got the idea). I you are physically agressive and always try to put speed in the shuttle, you can try the TK. If you want to control the pace more, you will not like it at all.
    (as you can guess, I'm quite mad on the court, and I love it
    ahh thanks for the comparison.
    sounds like a very nice racket.
    based on that description, it actually reminds me of a slightly heavier voltric i force.

  9. #76
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    3,742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default TK6000 review

    Won't be as comprehensive as my usual reviews, but I think this one deserves more than the two paragraphs I gave it in the Victor thread.

    TK6000
    VS850 @ 30 PS 304/85


    Looks

    I'm not a fan of this gloss yellow - I think it makes rackets look cheap (c.f. Adidas AZT). The more "egg yolk/honeycomb" yellow worked really well on the MX60, but this "pastel" yellow... thumbs down from me.

    String pattern is terrible as well - miles of main poking out the top. OSP would have been fine.

    Power

    Strange one. The spec suggests it'll behave like a VT70... not even close. The VT70 was a soggy mess that needed a long, slow swing, but this one is tight and zippy. In all the dozens of rackets I've tried, I have to give this one the highest power/effort ratio of them all. If you need to get the shuttle out of the air with most angle as "cheaply" as possible, this is the one. It works everywhere - drives, clears, stick smash...

    It doesn't gain very much power when I go for a full smash, but I don't think it's supposed to. Players who want real beef might find it lacking a tad.

    Defence

    A 304 shouldn't defend this well - I thought I was playing with a Nanospeed. It "resets" itself so quickly I found myself walking into smashes with it. Angles ahoy once again, but horizontal this time. If you need to block, the head stays where it is. No problem.

    Control

    In all honesty, I expected the head to be all over the place - this is a 5/3, after all. However, it feels "integrated", and I think this is because it's a 4U. Thrusters are really good with frame torque (rather, lack of it).

    Feel

    It needs a bright string, but it's no slouch. It did vibrate a bit at 30 PS, but it's a 4U after all.


    Conclusion

    It's not for me - too tall and too light - but that doesn't mean I can't recognize that it's good at what it's supposed to do. I don't think it's got enough meat for the real hard-hitters, but it's so damned easy to get angle and power out of this thing you can almost turn half your brain off and let your creative side out.

    During one game yesterday I approached a loose drop shot at the net. I decided to play a spinner, but then I saw an opponent on his way in. I then showed a lift to the backhand corner... until I saw the other opponent favouring that side. Finally, I settled on an inside-out backhand drive, by which point the shuttle was nearly behind me... which ended up being a winner. Let that sink in: I managed to change my mind twice on the same shot, and still win the point off it.

    As I said in my shorter review: options.

    On a final note, I think it's such a shame that this thing is so low in the Thruster range, because it's going to be overlooked (especially given its looks). In all honesty, going just by the specs I would have walked right past it in the shop.
    Last edited by Mark A; 11-07-2013 at 04:46 AM.

  10. Likes aku318 liked this post
  11. #77
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,603
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ Love these entertaining reviews.

  12. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mark

    Interesting review. I agree with most of what you say, however that's where the individual taste element comes in. I really like the colour. Playability was way beyond what I expected and really opened up the possibilities. Granted it's not going to be the hardest hitter, but it's still a powerhouse and enough for me to give it the two thumbs up.

    As you say, defence, net work, it's a dream.

    For me, there's nothing I don't like about this racket and lots to rave about. In fact, you can read my review as it's just gone live.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Last edited by paulstewart64; 11-07-2013 at 08:02 AM.

  13. #79
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Victor UK should be super happy with your guys, you're pimpin' it big time A lot of people will be curious about the TK6000 now.....myself included

    A yellow grip should de-uglify it a bit.....

  14. #80
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    3,742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Mark

    Interesting review. I agree with most of what you say, however that's where the individual taste element comes in. I really like the colour. Playability was way beyond what I expected and really opened up the possibilities. Granted it's not going to be the hardest hitter, but it's still a powerhouse and enough for me to give it the two thumbs up.

    As you say, defence, net work, it's a dream.

    For me, there's nothing I don't like about this racket and lots to rave about. In fact, you can read my review as it's just gone live.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    This is the difficulty in reviewing: evaluating the thing for what it is instead of what we want it to be. It's got to the point where I have to think not only "do I like this?" but also "would I like this were I the target audience?"

    In the case of the TK6000, it was "yes", and "YES".

    Let's see how a maniac's string job changes the equation... you might have to give it seven out of five.

  15. #81
    Regular Member davlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now I am tempted after reading Paul's review... I am a fan of MXJJS and now he said he found a better??? Dang, I must try this out myself...

  16. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please remember Mark is not sponsored by Victor but has been one of my super-testing pals when I manage to get a decent number of rackets together. Then we have a really good time discussing the merits or not of each racket. There are plenty we have given low scores to and only a few we have ever raved over.

    In my case I'll say it as it is and if I don't like a racket then it will be in my review. Whilst with Yonex there were good and bad and I expect this will be the case with Victor too. At the moment I've been presented with excellent rackets, not to everyone's taste but that's fine. It's been hard testing these rackets and enjoying them so much, even when they're not my personal spec because I always have that voice telling me I'm going to be accused of bias towards my sponsor. However, I have to put that to one side and write what I feel about a racket good or bad. If I'm not honest, I may as well not bother.

    I really thought BS LHI was my next racket until MX JJS came along. For me, I didn't expect any racket to top that...and then came TK6000.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  17. Likes davlee liked this post
  18. #83
    Regular Member davlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OMG... I think I've just pulled the trigger on a TK6000!!!

  19. #84
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,603
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Mark A

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I have to give this one the highest power/effort ratio of them all. If you need to get the shuttle out of the air with most angle as *"cheaply"* as possible, this is the one.
    I think the word you're looking for is "economical" .


    It's not for me - too tall and too light - but that doesn't mean I can't recognize that it's good at what it's supposed to do.
    Have you considered using a heavier overgrip or adding lead to the handle? It would help a bit imho to mitigate the specs to your liking.

  20. #85
    Regular Member davlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Paul, how would you think a 3U TK6000 will perform?

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •