User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you have both the z-force and the tk6000, I suppose they have approximatly the same setting in term of grip & string. So could you please measure the balance point of both with your setting ?
    Since I play with the z-force, I really love head-heavy stuff, and can't play with rackets that are much lighter in the head. But I still find the z-force a bit stiff for my style of play, so the TK-6000 could really suite me if it's really a head-heavier & less stiff version of the tk-8000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same stiffness of the TK8000.
    But it's definitely not as head heavy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ho, you sure ? Victor specs says the exact oposite. More head heavy and less stiff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibaSt View Post
    Since you have both the z-force and the tk6000, I suppose they have approximatly the same setting in term of grip & string. So could you please measure the balance point of both with your setting ?
    Since I play with the z-force, I really love head-heavy stuff, and can't play with rackets that are much lighter in the head. But I still find the z-force a bit stiff for my style of play, so the TK-6000 could really suite me if it's really a head-heavier & less stiff version of the tk-8000.
    K6000 is less head heavy and less stiff compare to ZF but according to spec should be more head heavy than the TK8000. It is easy to generate power from the K6000 than the ZF. This is one of the first thing I notice. When I first use the ZF, it take me a while to adapt to it and to control it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump. need more interest in this racket

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go get it. If you like the TK8000, you may like this as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for my sample to arrive, unless Victor Europe decide not to bring it in.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should bring it in. it a mistake for not bring it in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue here I suppose is that Victor Asia create so many new frames that it is impossible to take all of them. At the moment, I do not believe Victor Europe is taking Thruster 7000. A ladies only racket does not sell as well here.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    The issue here I suppose is that Victor Asia create so many new frames that it is impossible to take all of them. At the moment, I do not believe Victor Europe is taking Thruster 7000. A ladies only racket does not sell as well here.

Paul
    I'm wondering how well the Yonex Arc 9's sold... it seems the T7000 is pretty much a direct copy.

I'd agree: in calling a racket "ladies", you've pretty much cut your customer base in half - I have never seen an Arc 9 in a bloke's hand...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I'm wondering how well the Yonex Arc 9's sold... it seems the T7000 is pretty much a direct copy.

I'd agree: in calling a racket "ladies", you've pretty much cut your customer base in half - I have never seen an Arc 9 in a bloke's hand...
    Really? I'm a guy and I love the Arc 9 . When it first came out, a lot of the guys that I played with bought one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think that the 4u tk-6000 will be slightly heavier than the 4u tk-8000? seeing the balance point difference would make the tk-6000's head heavier, m i right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HHXIONG View Post
    do you think that the 4u tk-6000 will be slightly heavier than the 4u tk-8000? seeing the balance point difference would make the tk-6000's head heavier, m i right?
    head heavy has nothing to do with making the racket more heavy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick review after having played 6 hours with TK6000 , 3U, G5 :

The racket is rather light for a very headheavy 3U : 89g with strings + the default victor grip. It has a BP of 317mm though.
    I would have liked a G4 grip but it wasn't available ; so I added 2 sur-grips so the handle fit my hand. This being a lumberjack's racket, I don't quite see the point of such a little grip size, but anyway...

Feeling in play :

Clearly head heavy, but less than my VTZF. Maybe like a N70 or something similar.
    It still felt really fast for driving & defending (I don't know why, since it's not particularly aero shaped). During the first few matches, I often made my full stroke in the air before the shuttle was even there. Or hit it with the tip of the racket head.

It's way more flexible than VTZF, it's WAY easier to lift when taking the shuttle late, or behind you, or to do backhand clears. But it still feels very repulsive when driving and hard when smashing ! That's really good, as I had never tried a racket that could do both thing (flex + repulsion) so well. Maybe it's the graphene who make both things possible (or maybe it's the marketing that got into my head :-)

Dropshots from the back of the court were good (either there is no diffrence with the ZF here or I'm not good enough to feel it), but netshots where harder to control for me. It seemed too bouncy. (but the TK6K is strung with a victor string I never used, whereas I always play with bg65, maybe it's that too) But I'm sure after a time I'll manage it.
    Same thing for the smashes : straight where well placed (as with vtzf, or not good enough etc), but cross court where harder to control. In doubles it was managable, but in single I put half my cross-court smashes like 1m out. There again I think it'll become OK in a few weeks, because the few times I manage to do the cross-court smash correctly, it had an incredibly steep angle and got the point.

So all in all, I'm very happy with the racket, even if it seems I'll need some time to handle the precision shots correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt that net shots were a bit bouncy on my TK8000 as well. It is partially due to the mid-flex shaft I think. However changing from BG66UM to ZM62 really helped my net control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping to get more interest in this racket.

I just saw it recently and the specs just seem perfect for me. I've mostly been playing doubles more competitively than singles so I think I should get a racket for that.

My go-to racket at the moment is Apacs Lethal 70 (290mm bp, 98.0g, stiff, BG80). It feels relatively light now and even though it's slightly head heavy I don't feel it anymore. I used to have trouble with the headheaviness.

My concerns with the TK6000 is that I'm not sure I can handle its head heaviness. I struggled with my backhand with the VT80 because of its headheaviness and stiffness. But I'm not sure whether it's because of the stiffness or headheaviness that did me in (297mm bp, 99.3g 3U, BG80 for my VT80PG); I suspect it's the stiffness though which is what I'm trying to change with the TK6000.

I want a mid-stiff racket to help with my backhand and head heaviness to maintain my smash. Hopefully the head weight won't affect my defense too much.

Should I go for a 3U or 4U TK6000? I play varsity-level doubles usually (no time to commit to the varsity team) and only at the club which uses plastics. I feel the 3U will slow down my defense, but would give me extra power over the 4U. The 3U weight, along with headheaviness seems like they would affect my backhand as well.

The 4U and medium stiffness however would be more forgiving for my backhand and allow me to play faster attacking shots. The headheaviness would still give me a decent smash along with the medium stiffness. The question is, would the medium stiffness offset the 3U weight+headheaviness or would 4U be safer?

By extension, should I try a headheavy+stiff racket again but this time 4U? (e.g. VTZF, VT80, etc.)

Thanks for any help =)

Side note: the TK6000 looks like an awesome racket! It looks to me like a matte paint finish and reminiscent of the VTZF even.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say since not many people have the TK6k. The dry BP should be similar to the Vt-80 since the 8k is not as head heavy as the Voltric.

18. Likes phaaam liked this post
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast