User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TK6000 vs MX70?
    Smash, defence, drives, net play - how does't it compare? (not so fussed about clears

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meteor

There's only one clear winner in this contest and it isn't MX70.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Meteor

There's only one clear winner in this contest and it isn't MX70.

Paul
    MX70 is the black sheep of the meteor family!
    I'm looking for something lighter, faster, not so demanding and with no compromise in power. TK6000 4u might do... but I need to make sure the balance and weight are right. So far the measurements reported on this thread are quite contradictory. If I was convinced it's 91g with 304mm bp strung and with factory grip - as reported earlier, I'd buy it now!

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    MX70 is the black sheep of the meteor family!
    I'm looking for something lighter, faster, not so demanding and with no compromise in power. TK6000 4u might do... but I need to make sure the balance and weight are right. So far the measurements reported on this thread are quite contradictory. If I was convinced it's 91g with 304mm bp strung and with factory grip - as reported earlier, I'd buy it now!
    Strings are at most 3.5g, so 91-3.5 does not a 4u make.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Strings are at most 3.5g, so 91-3.5 does not a 4u make.
    I have three - 3u victors - only one is a real 3u the others are in the 2u region. I wouldn't be fussed about it but they feel very heavy and perform accordingly. I never managed to bond with my bs12 because it's a heavy pig.
    Still, 91g with 304mm is fairly good, kind of maximum I'm prepared to bear. Hope there will be more posts with measurements.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course that also assumes that the 2.5g double shrink wrap on the handle is removed, because some people don't remove them for some sentimental reasons...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course that also assumes that the 2.5g double shrink wrap on the handle is removed, because some people don't remove them for some sentimental reasons...
    eBay reasons, you mean...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have three - 3u victors - only one is a real 3u the others are in the 2u region. I wouldn't be fussed about it but they feel very heavy and perform accordingly. I never managed to bond with my bs12 because it's a heavy pig.
    Still, 91g with 304mm is fairly good, kind of maximum I'm prepared to bear. Hope there will be more posts with measurements.
    I agree with you. I have 2 x 3U Thruster (TK6000 and Legend 2) and both of them feel as heavy as the 2U MP100 I have. The 3U TK6000 with string and original grip and plastic weighs 95gm !

The other 3U Victor racquets (MX80, SW35, MX JJS and Bumblebee 01) are ok though. Maybe it is just the Thruster series having that "heavy" feel ?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....91g with 304mm bp strung and with factory grip - as reported earlier, I'd buy it now!
    I love those specs

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Europe we only get one racket of each kind. So we do not have the luxury of deciding on weight or grip size. That probably confirms the size of our market compared to other countries around the world.

Paul

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Europe is still 33% of the market vs Asia at 41%. However, this is for all racket sports - stats for just badminton aren't available.

White Label Badminton - "Bad to the Bone"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removed of course

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a short session with TK6ooo today.

Background
    Am high beginner/low intermediate level. Prefer mid-stiff to stiff, head heavy rackets. Alternating between MX-JJS (4u,g5) for all-round play n VT70 (3u,g5) for aggressive play. Both strung with BG66UM, 24 lbs.

TK6ooo strung with VS-850, 23/25 lbs. When I first picked up TK6ooo n started swinging, it feels heavier n slightly slower than my MX-JJS. On courts, however, it is a different story.

OMG, I nvr expected this racket to b able to move so fast n make contact with the shuttle so easy n effortless...n the birdie...it flew like missiles. Now I can relate to how Paul felt when he tested this racket. It felt incredible...!

Overall, it is responsive n fast in rallies n drives, clears n smashes r easy to execute. The only problem I had was that the birdie often landed beyond the back line...nd to control my newfound power ; )

TK6ooo is my dream racket come true...combining some elements frm my previous two rackets: MX-JJS with VT70. Though my review is brief n short, u get the idea...it's that gooood...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    When I first picked up TK6ooo n started swinging, it feels heavier n slightly slower than my MX-JJS. On courts, however, it is a different story.
    This statement deserves a BIG frown! Was it the 3u or 4u you tested?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TK6ooo in 4u,g5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a few minutes with a club mate's the TK6000 last night. Surely not enough to get a full ideea of its capabilities. Moving from mx70 it felt like a lot of fun and the power is very impressive. I didn't do a full power smash fearing mishitting and causing damage. Despite not using full power, the output was pretty much like a full smash from my mx70
    It feels quite light and maneuverable but very solid - on the downside there's a certain element ala VT80 plus the shaft feels quite flexible - which I don't necessarily favor. But these are purely subjective matters.

I decided for now to order the MX JJS and hope to get TK6000 later. I am very used with the meteors and a vastly improved mx70 sounds more appealing to me right now although I want to give tk6000 a go soon enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it 3u or 4u you tested?

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast