Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Been using this racket with Victor 880 at 27lbs. Quite a wonderful racket I must say

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

we are envy with you [MENTION=93632]Shinichi[/MENTION] :)

Other countries have yet to sell this new product ... :D

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    its just a matter of time. Announcement will be coming closer

4. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
  5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I like to give my first review on this racket base of my experience with Voltric ZF and MX London. I always go with 3U racket. First I strung it with the free Victor 880 string (at 29 lbs) then I change it to my favourite ZM 62 (at 27 lbs). For thicker string I always strung it higher than 27 lbs. Nothing special, just a personal taste.
    Picking up the K6000, the racquet is not heavy but during swing you can definitely feel the head weight. The flex is noticeable lower compare to ZF and MX London. Victor rate it as medium stiffness.
    Sweet spot Larger than the ZF and nearly similar to my MX London. I seldom get a miss hit with this racket. Nearly all shot is spot on and produce a nice sound.

Stroke and clear Preform quite the same as the ZF. Quite easy to perform it due to the head heaviness. Not much difference between the two. Way better than my Arc 10. The medium flex of the K6000 helps a lot here.

Drives This rackets lacks the ability to fast return drives, maybe due to the heavy head and mid flex shaft. it's harder to bring the racquet head under control and be ready for the next drive coming back to you. The head like to go in one direction and dislike changing direction. Its fine for a slow shuttle, just use your arm and “whip” the racket to get the full power, and you can do this all day and won’t get tired. But in a fast pace game, with a lot of fast drive, this racket really suffer, because you can’t really snap your wrist to get any explosion power from this mid-flex racket. However, when able to drive, shots hits very hard.

Drops: Noting extraordinary here. All rackets were fairly even in this department.

Smashes: This is what I always eager to test. I want to experience the so called catapult structure. My first smash was a huge thrill. Great angle, medium flex, huge sweet spot, came with a bang. I can feel a slight air resistance at the frame compare to ZF. Well not a huge surprise since the ZF has a thinner frame. The slight air resistance make my timing just right.

The most noticeable feel of the catapult effect is during my full power jumping smash. The angle is steep. I can feel it more powerful compare to the MX London and slightly more than the ZF. The speed of the shuttle and power are a lot more obvious. It’s thunderous when you smash with the K6000 but like the ZF, the shaft become slightly unstable after a strong smash. I can definitely feel the vibration. Thank goodness I never snap my string.

Defence: Slower in comparisons with the ZF and about the same as the MX London. My Ashaway XW1000 is the fastest here. It really obvious in a fast game (double). You feel very slow to respond if your opponent is able to block your smash. The VZF is very responsive in comparison to the K6000. Need more practise on the reflect here

K8000 is a huge offense boost compared to the MX London if you're into more power and smashes but not the ZF. It's very addictive to hammer out shots and have the shuttle fly. I recommend that you try to stick with the racquet for a while as it takes times to adjust and play to its strengths.

6. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Good review, thanks...
    Seems like a new canon launcher from Victor to destroy the opponent's barricade :cool:

Means the TK6000 and MX-London are slower in defence compared to VT-ZF :confused:
    Sorry it's a bit out of topic but when comparing MX-London and VT-ZF, I found it the other way around. Having both 3U, there is no way for the head heavier VT-ZF to be faster to maneuver.

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    One of the main reason is I already get use with the ZF and the second one is that it may be because of the design of the head of the K6000 and the medium flex. Well that just my opinion. Others might think otherwise.

8. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I don't quite get this racket. Is this a more powerful (head-heavier) version of the TK8000?

9. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Specification wise, you are absolutely right..

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Do you mean K6000 on that paragraph you wrote, since you had been mentioning K6000 all along and suddenly K8000 pops out ?

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    K6000 specification wise is really attractive, especially for hard hitter. I wish someone who play with N90 frequently could share with us toe to toe comparison with this new beast from Victor.

12. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

The Thrusters in general are great for power. The TK8k can do quite steep angles even compared to the Vt-80 so I'm sure the TK6k is just as good.
    For anyone that wants a stiffer option, the Legend II is a Thruster as well. Only problem is that it is only available in HK and China. It's 4/5 for stiffness and 5/5 for head heaviness!

13. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I had the pleasure of seeing this racket recently but sadly did not have the opportunity to test on court. I will be reviewing at some stage over the next month or so depending on when i receive the racket.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

14. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    My mistake here..it suppose to be the K6000. I didn't have a K8000.

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    One thing worth mentioning here is that the K6000 is nearly 20% cheaper than the K8000. At least here in Brunei

16. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Is it made in Taiwan? If not, that's probably why!

17. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    like the X JJS? it is not made in Taiwan

18. SibaSt

SibaSt Regular Member

Since you have both the z-force and the tk6000, I suppose they have approximatly the same setting in term of grip & string. So could you please measure the balance point of both with your setting ?
    Since I play with the z-force, I really love head-heavy stuff, and can't play with rackets that are much lighter in the head. But I still find the z-force a bit stiff for my style of play, so the TK-6000 could really suite me if it's really a head-heavier & less stiff version of the tk-8000.

19. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

It's the same stiffness of the TK8000.
    But it's definitely not as head heavy.

20. SibaSt

SibaSt Regular Member

ho, you sure ? Victor specs says the exact oposite. More head heavy and less stiff.