User Tag List

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by |BLAI|
    question
    if mp88 is more head heavy than mp77, then does that mean that IF the weight ratios(head heaviness) are kept and IF mp88/77 are the same weight, then mp 88 will be more powerful in smashing?
    Given your assumptions I think you would be right, but only if the player was strong enough to swing the head-heavier racquet at the same speed as the head-light one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original quote by Cooler

Moment does not necessarily has to be associated with movement or motion. For example, it's like Arnold Schwarzenegger twisting your arm behind your back. You feel pain but you ain't moving. Of course Arnold can apply lock-arm force + some additional moment (N-m) and you would be flying somersaut and experiencing lots of angular movement or momentum. (hasta la vista, baby)
    Cooler you do make some great visuals for a scientific study!

Any chance of you getting a Cab21 and Ti-10 and put them through a comparative test?
    Last edited by ayl; 12-27-2003 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i do but the data i got (or will get) are from used cab21 and ti-10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ayl
    [B]

Cooler you do make some great visuals for a scientific study!

Any chance of you getting a Cab21 and Ti-10 and put them through a comparative test?
    here are the results. Remember, references are made to a brand new cab20MS. My next project is to investigate stiffness vs time of usage.

relative stiffness: used CD ti-10: -1.00%, relative moment: 1.0658%
    relative stiffness: used....cab21: -0.30%, relative moment: N/A (repaired frame)

the above say this used cab21's stiffness is similar to a new cab20MS while an used ti-10 is 1.% less stiff than the reference. Surprising huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooler, according to your tests, the MP24 is stiffer than the MP27, but both are relatively head light compared to a standard Cab20. Thus will it be fair to say that if I'm looking for a cheap racquet that can offer me good stiffness for power and head lightness for control, the MP24 might be a better choice than the MP27???

G.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Fusion_M8
    Cooler, according to your tests, the MP24 is stiffer than the MP27, but both are relatively head light compared to a standard Cab20. Thus will it be fair to say that if I'm looking for a cheap racquet that can offer me good stiffness for power and head lightness for control, the MP24 might be a better choice than the MP27???

G.
    yes, if that's what u wanted.
    here is something not published, the mp24 is 0.65 cm (6.5mm) longer than mp27. Shhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ssshhhh.....I won't tell if u won't tell..... ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Fusion_M8

G.
    A little bit off-topic but you get better power with a more flexible racquet so the MP27 is a better choice than the MP24 in that regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    A little bit off-topic but you get better power with a more flexible racquet so the MP27 is a better choice than the MP24 in that regard.
    Not as far as energy transfer goes.... I believe the more flex a component has, the less energy is transfered, thus when I smash the shuttle, the less flex a racquet has, more of the original energy is transfered to the shuttle.

I also believe the more flex a racquet has, there will be less feel and control.

But of course, many people will say I'm wrong, but I trust what I have learnt from 18 years of badminton experience.

But thanks for pointing that out to me anyway!

G.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is some confusion and misunderstanding about a racquet's stiffness or flex as they relate to power. Measuring a racquet's stiffness by bending it does not tell you its flex. It merely tells you the racquet will give you added whip if it bends uniformly, which it should if you are looking for a little more whip.
    The flex of a racquet is primarily a stiffness test on the frame, although the shaft can also be stiffened. Comparing a mildly stiff shaft with a very stiff shaft by bending tells you nothing, as both will bend.
    Racquets that are rated as not stiff will have their frame flex more, and lose energy. You cannot see the difference in frame flex with your eyes : there is a way to measure it in the plant. However, I can try to draw an analogy.
    Lets say you change your car's steel wheels for aluminium alloy wheels of the same weight, the first thing you will notice is that your car will handle and ride better. This is because steel wheels flex more under load or cornering forces. Ditto for stainless pots (flex more with a lot of hotspots) vs cast iron pots when boiling liquids or cooking anything.
    In other words, you have to take the manufacturer's word on it's racquet flex stiffness.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast