Overgrip recommendation for the UK.

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Jchowdhury, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

Ive been using the karakal Super pu grip as of late and its a great grip! Problem is I have very sweaty hands (which is VERY acidic for some reason too), as a result ruins tacky pu grips in a matter of hours. Ive been suggested towel grips, Ive tried them plenty but in the end I never felt like I had the control or feel as the PU grip.

Ive read the RKEP grips are really good bang for the buck and make good pu grips for sweaty hands but is there any dealers in uk?

Any other reccomendations?

Thanks.

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I ordered from Rkep and they were here in a week. I got some red/salmon grips going if you want that colour :)

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yeah most people with sweaty hands tend to prefer towel grips with plenty of grip powder.

I personally don't have sweaty hands so prefer tacky grips. I don't think you will like RKEP grips as they are mostly PU tacky ones.

There are some overgrips that are made especially for sweaty hands, they feel like suede and have a matt look rather than the usual shiny tacky rubber which you might like to try.

But if your hands are that sweaty, I think you're better off with replacement grips which are absorbing than the thin overgrips.

Decathlon have a good selection of grips and I seem to remember that they have a tester for the different grips.

5. Jchowdhury

Student
    thanks for the replies! Ill give some rkep's a try and will the suede type grips mentioned aswell!

6. rawgirl

rawgirl Regular Member

acidic sweat? Fix your diet then, you clearly are eating crap. The body is an alkaline design, eat more raw greens and food that are alkalising in the body. If your sweat is destroying your grip, imagine what its doing inside your body! Yuck!

7. Jchowdhury

Student
    Thankyou for the reply rawgirl and I appreciate your concern. I have a very clean diet and have had so for the past 8 years, which comes from being a competing martial artist of many years.

8. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion