Excessive ankle pronation

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by shirosan, Jun 13, 2013.

1. shirosan

shirosan Regular Member

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with excessive ankle pronation. I'm experiencing some middle/upper back pain often and I'm thinking this might cause it. I would like to hear from someone who plays a lot and also have excessive ankle pronation. What kind of shoes to wear? What about insoles? I'm using a pretty good (expensive :) ) indoor shoes that are very supportive from the sides and I'm also using Footbalance insoles (these should correct some problems that ankle pronation can cause) Then again there are some experts who believe that you shouldn't use too much support or insoles.

I'm playing 3-4 times a week and also do some running, skipping and weight training.

2. jh1989

jh1989 Regular Member

Hello

Is the back pain on one side or more central - if its one sided, it could be that your legs are of uneven length. Also, make sure that you are not controlling the pronation of your ankles too much (as you have both supportive shoes and insoles at current time).

Having some pronation is not bad as it helps to absorb some shock from the hard push offs we do in badminton.

Hope you feel better soon.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

yeah, you need good insoles with firm medial arch support

i'm using spenco total support max, purchased from ebay