User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    actually british have the most title in AE
    Which i'm sure he'll reply lets count from 1980s onward since china doesn't join the badminton world till the 80s...bla bla bla....
    Seriously, people just need to enjoy your fav team/player performance, and stop trying being a jack-a** and bashed other players.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Which i'm sure he'll reply lets count from 1980s onward since china doesn't join the badminton world till the 80s...bla bla bla....
    Seriously, people just need to enjoy your fav team/player performance, and stop trying being a jack-a** and bashed other players.
    hehe
    well,we had seen much of these troller and in the end,we still here and they are gone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get some people....they complained when fanatics fans showed their support....do you rather to see badminton tourney being played on empty stadium instead??
    How about the other way? the stadium being fully packed with badminton-loving spectators and/or fanatic fans but they ONLY make all the kinds of fanfare supports and uproar noises (trumpets/horns/drums/shouting/sticks/etc incl. booing the opponent player(s)) AFTER a rally is over; BUT NOT during the rallies and especially not at the moment the player is to serve!

What happens in the court is the large number of supporters make lots of noises and they even try to disturb the concentration of the opponent player(s) incl. when the player is to serve!

In a sport that needs a very high concentration such as badminton such uproar noises are very disturbing in particular for the targeted player(s)!

If BWF does make serious questionnaire to all prof players, i believe their responses in majority will favor no disturbing noises during the rallies and at the serving moment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    What happens in the court is the large number of supporters make lots of noises and they even try to disturb the concentration of the opponent player(s) incl. when the player is to serve!

In a sport that needs a very high concentration such as badminton such uproar noises are very disturbing in particular for the targeted player(s)!
    Have you ever seen football match? Especially that super crucial, high-pressure moment called "penalty shootouts"? Y'know, like in the World Cup 2006 final? Did you see those live spectators in the stadium being silent during the shootouts or not? Hmmm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Have you ever seen football match? Especially that super crucial, high-pressure moment called "penalty shootouts"? Y'know, like in the World Cup 2006 final? Did you see those live spectators in the stadium being silent during the shootouts or not? Hmmm?
    There you go. I sure hope badminton doesn't go the way of such sports where fans are just spectators....silent for the majority of the action and reduced to a few claps between intermission.... All sports with rabid fan base are those where the fans are highly involved during the course of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err, they won 5 straight TC from 1994-2002 and the #1 MS contributes points 3 out of those 5. Let's put it this way, how many MS titles INA MS won in the 90s compared to...hmm, china? china has no one to carry the MS banner since ZJ and have to wait for a good while before SJ and XXZ appears.

At any rate, since its obvious you're nothing but trolling here, putting you in the ignore list will be prudent.
    from that period (1994 - 2002), Ina MS lose 13 times both in Thomas Cup and Sudirman Cup. lol. Ina MS too dominant, right ? as comparison, from 2004 - 2013, china MS only lose twice in TC and SC.

Heryanto Arbi
    lose to Korea MS2 (Park Sung Woo?) @TC'94, lose to Sun Jun @ SC'95, TC'96 & 98, lose to Poul Erik Hoyer Larsen @SC'97, lose to Ong Ewe Hock @TC'98

Ardy B Wiranata
    lose to Dong Jiong @SC'97

Joko Suprianto
    lose to Dong Jiong @ Group Stage TC'96

Hendrawan
    lose to Peter Gade @ TC'00, lose to Chen Hong @SC'01

Taufik Hidayat
    lose to Peter Gade @ SC'99, lose to Lee Tsuen Seng @TC'02

Marleve Mainaky
    lose to Wong Choong Han @TC'02.

Source :
    https://www.sbg.ac.at/populorum/badm..._thomascup.htm
    Last edited by Fortune; 06-22-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When ones keep on persisting to compare the football/soccer match with the badminton, ignoring the sizes of both the court and the ball itself... insisting on the fallacies that they all need the same level of concentration and accuracy, i rest my case

For one, how many centimeter, or more accurately how many millimeter accuracy we're referring to both??? what's the size of the goal gate? the ball? the court? how many players involved?

after all, what's the similarity, if any, between the two sports? oh i know, they're both *BALL* GAMES ha ha ha

ps. the amazing thing is that kind of argument is laid down here, in BC forum! If such idea is thrown out on the street talks, it may be more comprehendible.
    Last edited by kelana; 06-22-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: addition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    When ones keep on persisting to compare the football/soccer match with the badminton, ignoring the sizes of both the court and the ball itself... insisting on the fallacies that they all need the same level of concentration and accuracy, i rest my case

For one, how many centimeter, or more accurately how many millimeter accuracy we're referring to both??? what's the size of the goal gate? the ball? the court? how many players involved?

after all, what's the similarity, if any, between the two sports? oh i know, they're both *BALL* GAMES ha ha ha

ps. the amazing thing is that kind of argument is laid down here, in BC forum! If such idea is thrown out on the street talks, it may be more comprehendible.
    How bout comparing with basketball then? Still need full concentration for free throw yet that's probably the moment where the opposing fans are at their "craziest", and within direct line of sight of the players as opposed to badminton.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the Stanley Cup games. Its very much like old-school badminton.

The puck is smaller than a shuttlecock, flies faster, but can cause some very serious damage, unlike a shuttlecock.

The game is fast-paced and requires extreme hand-eye coordination, reflexes and injection of speed along with agility.

The spectators watch and applaud politely. The people in a few bars and homes across America that do watch the game, do so on super-large screens and raise their mugs at a particularly good play. Then they go back to their crossword.

The players themselves are very conscious of their own space, and apologize immediately on the rare occasion they touch an opponent by mistake. If a particular play is disputed, everyone stops, watches the replay and accepts the referee's decision, and everyone shakes hands at the end of the game.

Just like in badminton.

Which is also why the Stanley Cup is a very unpopular game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I like the Stanley Cup games. Its very much like old-school badminton.

The puck is smaller than a shuttlecock, flies faster, but can cause some very serious damage, unlike a shuttlecock.

The game is fast-paced and requires extreme hand-eye coordination, reflexes and injection of speed along with agility.

The spectators watch and applaud politely. The people in a few bars and homes across America that do watch the game, do so on super-large screens and raise their mugs at a particularly good play. Then they go back to their crossword.

The players themselves are very conscious of their own space, and apologize immediately on the rare occasion they touch an opponent by mistake. If a particular play is disputed, everyone stops, watches the replay and accepts the referee's decision, and everyone shakes hands at the end of the game.

Just like in badminton.

Which is also why the Stanley Cup is a very unpopular game.
    My sarcasm meter must be broke, or there's another alternate universe Stanley cup that I'm not privy of.....

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But you see where I'm going with this....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

too many things goes above, talking about the tournament this and that

http://www.djarumbadminton.com/djaru...ki-calon-anak/

Ahsan: Ini Rejeki Calon Anak!

16/06/2013

Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier (DIOSSP) 2013 jadi gelar kedua buat Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan selama. Buat Ahsan, kemenangan ini jadi rejeki buat sang calon anak yang kini berada di kandungan sang istri, Christine Novitania.
    Ahsan Said the prize will be for his child. his wife is currently pregnant.
    I didn't see the match, but good game Ahsan, and hope the prize will serve your kid well

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30