New Genji Line-up

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by assault38, Dec 2, 2003.

1. assault38

assault38 Regular Member

Lawyer
    Hi folks,

I happened to browse the Genji website the other day and noticed they have a new 2004 line up w/ added bells and whistles that I had never seen in other racquets.

The one that stood out the most are the racquets that have this "Integrated Silicon Gel Shock Absorber". Pretty interesting. I think I've heard of tennis rackets using an internal shock absorber in the handle, but not badminton.

I don't know if this would make much of a difference in my game since I like to actually "feel" the shuttle when I play, so I can judge my timing and accuracy.

In any case, the website is: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ebadminton/racket.html

And no, I am not associated w/ the company. I just have had tremendous luck w/ their products. Lay yr 2 cents.

#1 assault38, Dec 2, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2003
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Seems Genji tends to make regular length racket, (26.25in = 66.7cm). Only 1 of their top models are "long" (26.5in = 67.3cm).

The 2004 new models seem have good spec and nice color scheme. However, isn't too much "shock damper" (especially this close to hand grip) will result into lack of feeling?

3. assault38

assault38 Regular Member

Lawyer
    Lazy,

Yah, like I was saying, I personally like to "feel" solid resonance of a good smash, hehe. Plus, I believe the addition of the "shock dampener" also adds a few grams on the entire racket. Good tradeoff? You be the judge.

Second, I am a little sad to see that Genji has discontinued the production of aerometric widebody frames (at such low price, too). It seems hard to find these sort of frames these days and at a reasonable price. I, myself, have one of their models and it plays particularly well. I think the widebody models seem to allow more power because of the added thickness and weight of the head, while the rest of the body is thin to promote a fast swing. It sounds like a contradiction....but actually my widebody is lighter (83g) than my thin frame (88). But I digress...

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    To me, the major drawback is the extra 3g, even though, it still comes out to be 87-90 gram. The good part is, this will tend to make the racket more head light or balanced rather than head heavy. Personally, any head heavy racket could be my nightmare.

5. assault38

assault38 Regular Member

Lawyer
    Lazy,

I hear that. However, I noticed at the way bottom of the racquet page, they have advertised a professional level racquet at beginner level price (Genji 2004 Ti1000). It has the special dampener and its lighter than the others! (~83g).

This looks very tempting at $45.00 USD. But I probably should be spending money on Christmas presents other than my own, heh.

6. mtk2

mtk2 Regular Member

Business
    Hi,

Can anyone let me know the official web site of the manufacturer of Genji. I believe the company is located in Taiwan.