User Tag List

Thread: Grip Feel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grip Feel

I use tournagrips XL for my racquets and get a good wrap on them quite thinly wrapped on my 3U/G5 YY ZF. I'm a left handed player and tend to grip my racquets such that the base of my hand sits on the butt of the racquet, Will post pictures if anyone needs.
    What I want to know is when I hold my racquet at one side, ie racquet stencil up, my grip feels fine, but when i rotate it so the stencil is upside down, my grip feels slightly off and that the wrap doesn't fit with my hand. Anyone got any ideas on that? or is it just the way my hand goes on the racquet?

Thanks
    Chris

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

racket stencil as in?????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to have more overlap on one side than the other.

Off topic.. would left hander feel more comfortable wrapping the grip clockwise towards the head? I'm a right hander and tried wrapping overgrip this way. The feel of the grip sucks. Yet to try on towel.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OP,

I don't have any problem holding the racket either way. Perhaps your overgrip is not evenly applied and wrapped? Any pics?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwjx94 View Post
    I use tournagrips XL for my racquets and get a good wrap on them quite thinly wrapped on my 3U/G5 YY ZF. I'm a left handed player and tend to grip my racquets such that the base of my hand sits on the butt of the racquet, Will post pictures if anyone needs.
    What I want to know is when I hold my racquet at one side, ie racquet stencil up, my grip feels fine, but when i rotate it so the stencil is upside down, my grip feels slightly off and that the wrap doesn't fit with my hand. Anyone got any ideas on that? or is it just the way my hand goes on the racquet?

Thanks
    Chris
    Yes it will have a different feel on each side if you start your wind on the largest flat of the handle as it will be slightly bulkier on one side. Try starting the wrap on the side of the handle! (the smaller flat) or do it "LCW style" (find that on forum) which always feel the same either way round.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Yes it will have a different feel on each side if you start your wind on the largest flat of the handle as it will be slightly bulkier on one side. Try starting the wrap on the side of the handle! (the smaller flat) or do it "LCW style" (find that on forum) which always feel the same either way round.
    ah, i finally got it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    ah, i finally got it.
    Lol. Yeah, I think he must be referring to the end handle butt cap logo as "stencil". I presume it is just the uneven bulk you can get starting the wrap.