Ashaway Zymax 67 Titanium

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by ckyew, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Hi guys,

I've just received a sample of what I've been told is the new Zymax 67 Titanium.
    Upon arrival, the package is labelled Ashaway Titanium T-I and is at 0.69mm.

String feels very slippery and slick with the usual Ti-feeling of titanium coated strings.

Cant wait to string it up and find out.

Anyone have any information regarding this string?

2013-06-20 11.57.45.jpg 2013-06-20 11.57.22.jpg

2. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

WOW is the word for it. Had it strung and been playing with it. Might be onto another winner here Ashaway!!!

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    WOOOOOW comes out right when I ordered zymax 67 .-. And I have I wait even more due too a flood

4. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    Where did you get it from?

5. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I think it is not on general sale yet as I've yet to see it on any website selling it yet. Probably they will repack it as it doesn't say Zymax 67 Titanium on its packages as what I've received.

Its a sample sent by the distributor asking for reviews.

I'm in the midst of writing up the review for them, I will post it here after I've sent them a copy, its only fair to them that way.

6. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Maybe they're doing that as to see if the reviews are favourable enough to try and introduce it into the market.

But at the moment from what I've felt, they are definitely onto a winner here.

More to come.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Good job on the packaging then :D. It looks positively ancient!

Ashaway Rally 21 Ti Badminton String - 10m set_main_2000x2000.jpg

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#8 demolidor, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  9. visor

visor Regular Member

So, why is it a wow and a winner?

10. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I wonder how different a Ti-62 would play if it were ever manufactured!

11. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Ashaway Zymax 67 Titanium / Titanium T-I Review Feedback

With thanks to Goode Sport.

Initial Stringing Impressions:
    Strung on a Yonex Arcsaber 10 Premium (25lbs Mains x 27lbs Crosses) 2-piece bottom-top method with an Electronic Constant Pull (ECP) Machine with 10% Prestretch.

Initial feel:
     String is quite smooth but with a slick / oily feel as with all titanium string models.
     Not very soft but does not feel very stiff as well. (6/10, 1 = very soft strings (nylon fibers); 10 = very stiff strings)
     String is quite stretchy when lightly pulled by hand.

Under Stringing:
     String doesn’t stretch excessively under tensioning process unlike some strings in the market.
     Surprisingly doesn’t generate too much twisting (easily manageable) which is quite common with slick / oily coating string.
     String also doesn’t cause too much fuss or problems under the weaving process like some very rough strings or slick strings.
     String does have a slightly higher pitch upon lightly tapping with palm after completion of stringing.

Hitting time:
     Medium-hard (crisp & solid) feeling with lots of explosiveness power. (7.5/10 scale, 1 = soft feeling ; 10 = hard feeling)
     Crisp initial impact with plenty of drive onto the shuttle.
     Very pleasant slightly high pitched hitting sound.
     Not very forgiving with miss-hits, not a lot of response hitting away from sweet spot as well as plenty of vibration.
     Very good touch feeling, effortless net and forecourt shots.
     Surprisingly very effective with slices even though the strings are quite smooth. (It doesn’t have absolutely bite on the shuttle as some other strings do but it is effective enough in bringing the shuttle down).
     Very happy with the tension retaining properties of the string. A slight noticeable drop in tension after the first session but stabilizes slowly after. (Observed over a period of 96 hours) (8.5/10, 1 = very bad tension retention; 10 = very good tension retention).

Summary: A simple list of key points is presented with scores ranging from 1-10 with 10 being highest/best score and 1 being the lowest. (These are all based on personal experience and opinions)

Repulsion Power: 9
    Control: 8
    Durability: 8+ (So far so good)
    Hitting Sound: 9
    Shock Absorption: 7.5
    Tension Retention: 8.5
    String Feel: 9
    Overall Score: 8.43

Overall, it is a very good feeling string which packs a lot of punch. Not sacrificing control as well having a sharp crisp hitting sound. It also seems to be holding up quite well in the durability department. I’ve been impressed with its attributes so far and could be thinking that Ashaway is onto another winner here.

Once again, I would like to thank Goode Sport for the sample. It’s been much appreciated.

12. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Sorry for not posting this earlier, I forgot after sending it in to Goode Sport.
    The above feedback is what I sent in on the 25th of June 2013.

Please feel free to comment :).

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting. Any comparison to any current ZM sttrings, like 62, 65, 67? So that we know better what your rating means.

14. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Ratings wise, it was done based on what I felt with the strings.
    I have tested a good amount of different strings of differing brands over the years and have been noting down what I felt with them and using them as a benchmark in writing my feedback.

I've also previously extensively used the ZM62 and ZM65. The 67 and 70 werent my favourite thus not as much.

But I can say this ZM67-Ti is up there as one of the better strings coming from manufacturers.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Cool! :)
    So that we know where this Ti string stands, can you also rate the 62 using the same system? Since many of us already have experience with 62. :)

16. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I will do my best!!!

17. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Repulsion Power: ZM62 > ZM65 = ZM67Ti (I personally feel that the 67Ti provides an easier power generation compared to the 65, it is probably down to the feel coming off the strings.)

Control: ZM65 > ZM62 > 67Ti

Durability: ZM67Ti > ZM65 > ZM62

Hitting Sound: ZM62 > ZM65 > ZM67Ti (The 67Ti just losing out by just a bit since it is a 0.69mm string,
    but it has a very high pitch for a 0.69mm string).

Shock Absorption: ZM67Ti > ZM62 > ZM65

Tension Retention: ZM62 > ZM65 > ZM67Ti (As the 67Ti is the thickest string but it is one of the best by far for a 0.69mm string).

String Stiffness: ZM65 > ZM67Ti > ZM62

Overall Feel: ZM62 > ZM67Ti > ZM65

These are all my own personal feedback and opinions, it may vary from yours as each of us have a personal preference to how our strings perform.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Thanks!
    It seems 67Ti is similar to 65? I guess being a 0.69 string, it'll be good for high tension users who break 62 and 65 easily over 28-30 lbs.

19. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Noooooooo.. From my experience, the 65 is a very stiff string.. whereas the 67Ti is a medium stiff string.

And this test was done at 26lbs. But from experience, the thicker the string, the better it feels at a higher tension so probably YES seeing as it is at 0.69mm which is considered as slightly thick for strings nowadays.

0.62mm -> Thinnest
    0.65mm -> Quite thin
    0.68mm -> Norm
    0.70mm - 0.70mm+ -> Thick

So 0.69mm = Slightly thick:p

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Well, right now I'm loving zm62 @23lbs but somehow didn't like 65 from 24-26lbs as much. So would be interesting to try this 67Ti at 25-27lbs when it comes out.