User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I have. Beijing is like being in a polluted sauna, LOL.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

but maybe that's the type of climate that is good for badminton strings.
    Yes, also definitely good for shuttles too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    Actually I have. Beijing is like being in a polluted sauna, LOL.
    Haha... I like that analogy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i've never played badminton in HK since i was 10yrs old, maybe i should go play the next time i go back and see the difference in performance of the shuttles

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play in Malaysia when I was younger and man does the air get really heavy when you're drenched!
    But on the plus side, I never saw a plastic shuttle when I lived there!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    But I'm still amazed how you can play for months with your 31 lb strings with plastics.
    I never break strings any more. I end up either

a) cutting them because they've lost their flavour, or
    b) cutting them because I'm being snowed under with test strings

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    I used to play in Malaysia when I was younger and man does the air get really heavy when you're drenched!
    But on the plus side, I never saw a plastic shuttle when I lived there!
    the only plastic shuttle i own is the one i hang from the ceiling in my living room.

not a staged execution, but for my kids to do swinging practice. plastics are perfect for this purpose and this purpose only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At my training place, we use feather's for drills, and plastics for games. Also, the school tournaments use plastics only. I guess I'm kind of use to it, though I prefer playing with feathers, I don't often get the chance.

Also back to the main topic, how do you guys break your strings?! With the exception of Mark, the majority of BC members seems to average about 2 weeks to a month. I have no idea how you guys do this, even when I try to break my strings (don't ask why) during rallies, without purposely mishitting and such, it doesn't seem to do anything. My strings last me about 3-5 months before they lose their 'feel'.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Hi there,

Breaking your bg80 at 27lbs, 2-3 weeks is quite a lengthy period in my situation since I'm breaking my bg66 at 30-32lbs every week (up till 2 racket in a week at some extreme playing condition).

Playing at a rate of nearly everyday ranging from 2-5 hrs per session, other than continuously checking the grommet prior to stringing, these are the things that i do to give me a descent chance to prolong my strings life cycle:

- I wrapped the entire bg66 surface with wax after stringing and after playing by brushing them with candle.
    - Avoid prolonged heat exposure (like leaving them inside your car bonnet). UV rays deteriorate string performance so keep them covered or better yet in the shade.
    - Cold temperatures as well can make your strings lose resilience and become "dead". Also, cold temperatures make your strings more brittle, and more likely to break prematurely.
    - While playing. be sure to rotate your racquets regularly for even wear and tear of frames and strings (that's why i put a marker on my racket cone)

SS
    does the wax affect your spinning netshots?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the only plastic shuttle i own is the one i hang from the ceiling in my living room.

not a staged execution, but for my kids to do swinging practice. plastics are perfect for this purpose and this purpose only.
    Good idea. I'll have to do it for my son.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dontmakeme View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I brought this thread up to understand some techniques or ways to hopefully condition strings such that they don't break as easily. I learned from past posts that wrapping your racket with a tower before getting to the badminton centre helps keep strings warm. Another one is to check grommets every once in awhile to see if that is the reason. But are there any other tips to keep strings conditioned?

I am bringing this up because I broke my BG80 string on my Voltric Z-Force too many times now, strung at 27lbs. It has been breaking in the every 2-3 weeks in the middle of the racket.

Thanks.
    That's normal, I used to break my BG-80 @ 26 lbs every 2 weeks, and I rotate through 3 racquets. I have since changed to NBG-99 and it's much more durable and retains tension a lot better. It's similar durability to BG-65 but doesn't lose tension nearly as fast. I can get about 1-2 months I think, but I don't play as frequently anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    does the wax affect your spinning netshots?
    I would like to know this as well. I always enjoyed reading SS's post so is this advisable and has no ill effect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    Canada is really humid in the summer, considering it rains one day, then becomes mid 30's the next.
    Which part of Canada you are talking about ? In Vancouver humidity is constantly between 40-60%.
    And because of the difference between plastic and feather you want to change to feather, I guess you end up spending way more money on birds than strings. I'll measure the weight of the feather and plastic birdie tonite with my digital scale. People always talking about plastic killing strings but what is the logic if they weight the same. A lot of people (playing for years) don't adjust their strings when they move at all and some people don't even know the strings broke because it is a mis-hit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2