MD crisis.

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by dan92, Jun 22, 2013.

1. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

With Cai/Fu getting weaker and weaker, and Liu/Qiu's injury.
    LYB needs to think really hard, to bring the domination of China in Men's Double department.

:):):)

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    ha ha ha better pending the thread until coming WC :p

btw does anyone have factual info on how Liu's injury is at present... what's his latest status?

3. phili

phili Regular Member

Qiu injured himself. I somwhere read here that it wasn't a too serious injury.

4. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Try Hong Wei/Zhang nan as a team.

ZhangNan/ChaiBiao had some success as well, but need more time to work on their tactical play.

I find it shocking how badly Chinese MD return serve compared to other teams.

5. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Cai/Fu was going downhill even before the Olympics. They wisely did not waste energy on SS events and made the best out of the Olympics.

Their condition is even worse now. They can't really be expected to remain competitive day in and day out. The only question is whether they can do it one more time at the upcoming WC.

MD crisis is just an old story for Team China. As long as Liu/Qiu can avoid injuries, Chinese MD is no worse than the recent past (Cai/Fu is special. They come by luck rather than strategy). Now, they need to find a good partner for Hong Wei to see if he can do something special.

6. betazone

betazone Regular Member

crisis ? you must be kidding. China has done it time and again ....keeping a super talent in the pocket and at the right moment unleashing it. anyone knows who is Tian Houwei before he defeated LCW? look at his skills,power, composure etc...and Chn is keeping him for Olympics I think ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw7QOjLvK0U

7. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

[MENTION=40637]RedShuttle[/MENTION]: Erm, they were going downhill even before the Olympics? Well, I don't what matches from which year you've watched, but the matches 2011/2012 before the Olympics were really nice to watch. Especially all the matches against JJS and LYD.
    I just remember that they didn't perform well at the AE2012. But it was mostly due the fact that FHF was injured and wasn't able to smash with that quality and quantity as he usual does.

But I'm also disappointed, that they're doing downhill AFTER the Olympics now... C'mon. They got owned by the indonesians today within 25 minutes.
    I just hope they will be able to come back stronger, since I want to see them live with the superb badminton from their past. :rolleyes:

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    what?
    i am tian hou wei fans since 2010.;)
    that's ignorant rather than china tactic.:rolleyes:

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  10. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

If you watched those matches, you must have noticed the 2-4 record between WC and OG. C/F did the right thing by gearing up towards nothing but the Olympics. Now that they realized their only remaining goal (OG Gold) in their careers, there is nothing left mentally and their physical appearance reflected that too.

11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    "He who laughs last laughs the longest." :D

A reminiscence of the 2012 London Olympics and the many events before that :rolleyes:

12. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Please check the stats before you post. The last I check, China only has 1G, 1S, 1B in MD category in Olympic. Indonesia has 6 and Korea has 7 and both nations have more gold medals than China. China has never dominated MD. Please be diligent.