Yonex vs. Other Brands?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Steve the noob, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

The past week, I was playing with my friends' Voltric 80. I really like the racket, it was balanced and powerful. There was only one problem, however. It felt like smacking a sponge every time I hit the bird (BG66 Ultimax @ 24lbs, using nylon shuttles). I remember something like this when scrolling across the foorums a few months ago, something about Yonex rackets having 'less feel' compared to Victor rackets (Which I've never played with, at least not that I can remember). Definetly felt different from my Babolat (I use BG80 @ 26lbs). Is it just the strings and the tension or is it the racket itself?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in general, Yonex rackets have more shock dampening. that's the way they design their rackets. there is a distinct sepearation between the player and the impact.

people who like to get the most feel from the shuttle impact should try either Victor or Adidas rackets. the feel is completely different (for the better).

3. VictorP

VictorP Regular Member

Student
    If you liked the 80 maybe you could try out the victor tk8000

4. Steve the noob

Thank goodness, I was thinking of purchasing an Adidas when it comes out. Good to know it has it.

5. carbonex 20

carbonex 20 Regular Member

engineer
    Totally agree with Kwun,
    But no need to change the racket, just try the best string which suitable for your feeling

6. Steve the noob

I suppose that's true. I tend to try out my friends rackets with different strings, even though I know I wouldn't be able to test shoulder-to-shoulder how they perform. I am curious about the sharp feeling the BG66-UM provides, as when I tried it, it felt soft. Maybe it was just the Yonex shock dampening thing going on, but that gave me a back impression of the string.

7. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

If u want Yonex w/ less dampening, look for Yonex old rackets. I am using a 2008 AT300 4U n it is AWESOME, not too headheavy but powerful enough for smashes. Or maybe ask some other senior BC'ers when does Yonex start to dampen their rackets.

8. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

BG66-UM is considered a medium feeling string. You should look at hard feeling stings like the BG80 (which you are already using on your racket), BG85 or BG65ti.

9. Steve the noob

Ah, that explains it. I guess it was my fault for not noticing, confusing power with hard feeling.

10. cornexty

cornexty New Member

I was thinking of purchasing an Adidas when it comes out. Good to know it has it.[​IMG]