Is my Z-Slash going to die?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Phr34k, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Phr34k

Phr34k New Member

hi there! i have no idea how i managed to bang my Z-Slash up like this, but i'm unsure of whether i'm looking at a crack or a really bad chip. i have no idea how long this crack has been there, but it seems to be giving me no trouble so far. the racket has not been in any clashes in the two years i have owned it. as far as i can tell, the crack does not stretch further than what the picture shows. will this be the end of my favorite racket x.x? thanks in advance for any responses :B

[​IMG]

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Looks bad. Do you have any spares?

3. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    well, the racket is going to break soon, for sure. I think it's better for you to just keep it in your bag. My AT700 is something like your ArcZ, I would want it to look a little crack, rather than the whole thing break off..

4. jasonteo

jasonteo Regular Member

i would think it's actually a scratch. maybe you could run your fingers over that area and see if it's a crack.

5. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

Looks pretty bad. Seems like paint chip at a single glance but when observe closely, i just couldn't determine whether the 'V' shaped line is part of carbon or paint.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If you haven't clashed it, keep playing with it and send it off for warranty if it breaks (assuming you didn't exceed the max. tension).

It's not going to repair itself in your bag!

7. Phr34k

Phr34k New Member

Cheung: i do! my AT700 is currently chilling in my bag n.n

Nicky: i'm considering keeping it in my bag for that same reason. i like playing with it a lot though :I

jasonteo and Mjolnir: there is an elevation difference between the lines (couldn't think of a better way to describe it). the area below the V sinks down just a tiny bit evenly all around. does carbon normally end at that part of the racket? i sure hope so!

Mark: i'm pretty positive the warranty is no longer valid for my racket, seeing as i regularly string it at 27 or 28 lbs LOL. you're right though, the only further harm i can do is by actually breaking it and have it look all jacked up when i retire it.

8. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

Oh man.. from the way you describe it further, i'm afraid to say that it might be a crack.. although assuming it's not a through-crack due to our visual limitation capability, it could only affect the initial layer.. it's kind of ridiculous to be alert and check the defect all the time after each serve, shot or session. Besides, our human eyes can't detect minute/gradual increase of any cracks/defects.. just be careful with it..