victor bs12 vs mx jjs???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by romanlovett, Jun 23, 2013.

1. romanlovett

romanlovett Regular Member

OK I am a intermediate player who players doubles! I have a victor meteor x London an really like it! I have it strung at 27. The strings have broken from time to time and this is normal. It is my birthday coming up my wife asked me what would I like so a back up racket would be good as its really annoying playing with my very old racket! Now the rackets I am looking at is the jjs as its almost the same as the mx london so it would be easy to change rackets in the middle of the match! But it would be nice to try another racket and as I play doubles bs12 would be great for that! Any ideas (a little tempted with tk8000) thanks

2. leonjun

leonjun Regular Member

Student
    I think the MX JJS will fit you perfectly. If there is another option, I think it is going to be BS11, not BS12.
    But be careful, BS's head swing speed is faster than that of MX's.

3. romanlovett

Cool I think you might be right! But still am tempted on the bs 12 as I have not used many different rackets and would be nice to see, but then the jjs is a good option but I don't think I can go wrong with either!

4. leonjun

leonjun Regular Member

Student
    I guess many of your friend have the BS12 or the BS11, right?
    You can asked them to lend the racket for some sessions, and then, you can decide to buy which racket :) Good luck. (Sr if my English isn't good )

5. romanlovett

That would be ideal but in the UK not so many people play withe victor! Manly yonex or Carlton!

6. visor

visor Regular Member

depends on what you want more,
    if power/attack, then mxjjs
    if speed/defence, then bs12
    if crazy power, then tk8000 :)

7. capcang

capcang New Member

right,That would be ideal but in the UK not so many people play withe victor![​IMG]
    [h=2][/h]

8. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I personally have a few rackets and while it's fun switching between them on a club night it is also quite disrupting if you are serious about improving your game. If you have to have two rackets perhaps it's better to stick with the same type and avoid big swing differences such as between mx series and bs.

9. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Agreed... Though I can't resist myself to try new rackets :D
    Hence, you can buy another MX-London for a backup. It's a very good racket indeed !

10. romanlovett

Yep think you guys are right! If I start changing rackets that is not the same or very similar then all my timing will be off!! Cheers guys!

11. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Are both the MXJJS and BS12 even balance racquets? Which racquet is stiffer? MXJJS or BS12?

12. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

MX JJS is stiffer.
    btw id recommend going for MX-90 instead as many say the feel is very similar to that of MX-London.

BS-12 is more of a doubles racket. I suppose you are in mid-intermediate so having the Bravesword speed won't be necessary, the MX rackets's speed will do good.

13. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I hate rating myself simply because this is all relative. I have been playing badminton for about 20 years. I'm still in my late 20s. I don't think I'm bad or play at a low level by any stretch of the word.

I mainly play doubles and mix as well. It's about an even split. Right now my main racquet is the Arc FB. For the most part, it's fine when playing doubles, but I want something with a bit more power, but still relatively fast when I play mix. The BS12 is heavier than even by 5U Arc FB so I'm thinking this may be my mix doubles racquet. I have never used Victor racquets before so I don't know what the BS12's Yonex equivalent is and how stiff this racquet is.

14. Zoidius

Zoidius Regular Member

Assuming both BS12 and JJS are 3U you should find the BS12 notably faster than the JJS and as pointed out above the JJS is more stiff and more head heavy (in my opinion) than the BS12.

The MX90 is supposedly the direct replacement for the JJS and you may struggle to even source a JJS as it's now out of production.

Personally for doubles I recommend the BS12, I didn't think I would like it when i saw the specs but after playing with it I changed my mind and bought 2 , it's my current favourite racket.