How is your style like???

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by AzNbOi2747, Dec 4, 2003.

1. AzNbOi2747

AzNbOi2747 Regular Member

Student
    as you know, everybody has their own style/form for playing badminton, some good and some not so good... i would consider myself to play like tonyG mixed with alittle bit of taufikH

how would your style/form compare to those on the professional scene? or who do you play mostly like?:D

2. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    Hmm, lemme see. I don't try to mimic the professionals. ;) I prefer and enjoy playing fast attacking style in Double. However, depending on partner and the opponents, many times I have to adjust the style.

Cheers. :)

3. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

mmm

im the... unlike powerful and strong.. i use Speed + deception + style. Working on my smashes to make me a better player........

^_^

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    my style? all over the place...

Not sure about who I am similar with since I don't follow professional badminton at all, but I have always been an agressive doubles player. Even before I started playing properly, I would jump smash anything in the air... whether it's in or out. Turns out it was a bad thing cuz now I have cranky knees. As I begin to move better around the court and hit better shots, I still smashed alot.

My style of play changed somewhat over the last year due to slower recovery period between playing days and learning more tactics and strategies from BC/BF/BR. Forced to do more sensible pacing, I do less drives and mixed more drops and offensive clears in my games and smash only when opportunity presents itself. Defensive ability also got alot better as well, so I am confident in front and at the back. Next objective is to incorporate deception into my game and improve my touch around the net.

5. Morten

Morten Regular Member

hmm i would consider myself as a Xia Xuanze type, who is very fast and attacks a lot... but on the other side can play long rallies if my attack style doesn't work.. And just like Xia my performance goes from excellent to very bad. Hopes lack of rutine is the result of my changing performance or just to many beers :).

6. sinao

sinao New Member

engineer
    I play double. I think I play a little bit like sigit :D
    I enjoy playing infront the net and I have a good reflex to catch the shuttle cock.

7. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    my style is called the loser's style... basically, it's for people who lose a lot.... it involves lots of unforced errors, combined with weak offense, defense and physical ability.... the only reason why i use it is because it is very easy to master =)

8. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

What a coincidence, I'm that too :D

9. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Count me in on "Losers Style" :)

10. shiriblue

shiriblue Regular Member

Student
  11. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    my style, I think I will just talk about it,

I'm doubles, I don't know about singles since i rarely play it.

I'm more of an all-rounder type, and seeks to win by moving the opponent and catch them with a well placed shot or forced error rather than smashing winning points. I also tire my opponents with this.

When I'm at the front, I mainly intercept and block opponents shots, forcing them to lift from front or middle court, setting smashing opportunities for my partner. I rarely try to win the points, just do gentle blocks and pushes that make my opponent scramble.

At the back, I mainly play weak smashes and dropshots, inviting another lift or drives that are then cleared to their back. I only smash very hard to the middle if the opportunity is right. I mainly play a stamina game that involves me and my opponent play repeated clears and dropshots.

I also love defensive games. playing side by side, I favor the left side, and usually do pushes to the side midcourt or lift to the corners.

As a player on whole, I feel much more a defensive type.

12. KWReyes

KWReyes Regular Member

Student
    I also want to join the losers' style club. :D

On a more serious note, I'm not a good player by any means. I play doubles mainly.
    I used to focus on strong jump smashes and rear court play in general.
    However, through a couple of years my playstyle gradually evolved and I'm now an aggressive front court player. I guess sort of like a (very) poor man's LYD or maybe CY.

I do occasionally play singles, but in that I play loser's style and nothing more.

13. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

I play singles and doubles so I have different play styles. Pretty much in singles I tire out my opponent with opportunities for some placing and deceptive shot, some opponents are still successful with returning - the ones who have perfected their footwork. But there's always a point in a rally where I decide that the opponent has already done a lot of running even with ecellent footwork, so then I add the power on my swings to speed up the shuttle flight until the return becomes weak and vulnerable for an attack - kill.

Doubles. I only have one thing I try to keep in mind that has helped me won. Before the shuttle is hit and goes over from my opponent's side of the net, I already am thinking of intercepting and attacking it as QUICK and early as I can. Not all the time i'm successful but with an aggressive way to approach it my opponents give me the wary looks and that gives me confidence. :)