Reflections

Discussion in 'Thomas Laybourn Forum' started by Cheung, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Dear Thomas,

How do you rate your performances in the last round of tournaments?

Did you learn any new experiences that perhaps you could use in preparation for the future?

Were you able to apply any of the experiences(i.e. heavy tournament schedule) from the Dutch/Danish/German Opens to the HK/TaiPei/China Opens for better performance?

regards

2. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hi Cheung

Well about our preformance i think it has been 3 really great months for me because i learned so many new things and offcourse also because we played really good in almost every game. I´m offcourse really glad for our win against Lee and Yoo, it show our level is getting better and we can beat the best pairs in the world. It also gives us some confidence and now we just want to practise even more and hopefully qualify for the olympics.

I think i was much better to adjust to way of living when we are away, and i didn´t have any problems at all. But we had 3 weeks of practising before the tournaments and i think it helped alot to take a little break from tournaments. It´s allways difficult to say no to a tournament but in the long run it´s better to be 100 % ready in one tournament than 50 % in 2 tournaments.

Thomas