User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is good that the Chinese dare to experiment some innovations the others (including BWF) didn't dare to try: 11pt games and 3v3 matches.

yet i think they should at least try best-of-5 matches for the 11pt games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CL commented after his first match with 11pt games against WZM that due to the 11pt game, he need to play a more attacking game coz u will reach a game point every winning 10 pts. therefore u hv to concentrate on every pt.

i think this could make the match more spectacular. let's see how this works in the long run. (at least this 11pt earn them back the major TV broadcastor CCTV for this edition).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that this is the first time CTTV5 is giving TV coverage (probably on condition the matches are shorter); not only that, they are also sponsoring every club RMB500K.

As for the 11-point scoring system, a few players said they are still unable to get used to it. In fact, Lin Dan is now calling for the restoration of the 21-point system saying shorter matches lower the entertainment/excitement value and before the players could settle in the match is already over.

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130930/008807.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 11-point system is going to save many players from unnecessary injuries. The are already far too many tournaments for the players to participate in. As a compromise why not straight to 15 points with no deuce.
    Last edited by tbgoh288; 09-30-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More than 5 hours of badminton is too long. Although the 11-point system is obviously much shorter in duration, players don't seem to like it.

How about the following?

Stick with 21-point system but with 2 games per match only. If you win both games, you get two points; if you win one game, each side gets one point; if you lose both, you get zero point. (IMHO, it is unnecessary to play the third game in a league competition.) Hopefully, all 5 matches will be completed within 3 and half hour. If deuce is not allowed (ie, it stops at 21), maybe it can end in 3 hours. Ranking of teams will be based on the following:

(1) number of games your team had won.
    (2) In the event of a tie, score differences can be used.
    (3) in the event of a tie of the above two, score aggregate should be used.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minimizing risk of injury to the national players is paramount to LYB/CBA while the right amount of TV time is the main consideration of CCTV-5 (the state-owned TV channel) who is one of the sponsors so a compromise has to be struck. To promote badminton effectively, TV coverage and Internet media are the best means of reaching a wide audience. I guess that's why CBSL also introduces the 3v3 format to arouse the interests of non-badminton sports enthusiasts to try out the game in the hope they will become more than just casual or recreational players as well as ardent fans.

I suppose it's too late to change the scoring system now that the league is in progress. Let's hope the CBSL organizer takes note of tbgoh288 and pcll99's suggestions here for future consideration. For this edition, I'm sure they will gather feedback from the players,coaches and spectators in addition to ascertaining the viewer impact of TV and the Internet. Having CCTV-5, the main sports broadcaster in the PRC, to air the matches is a great achievement for CBSL.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see Juliane Schenk playing in the CBSL, an opportunity for her to earn some good money and keep herself match-fit as well as provide the CHN players a feisty top-notch foreign opponent with her physical style of play.

For me, it would be nice if we've some others like Tine Baun, Peter Gade, Lee Hyun-il, etc, whom CHN youngsters can learn and benefit from their rich unique experience different from their own CHN veterans and retirees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are there any results, which are not in chinese? i wanna know if XUE SONG already played?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 11-point system may just prove useful in training players to settle into their matches quickly. Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbgoh288 View Post
    The 11-point system may just prove useful in training players to settle into their matches quickly. Just my opinion.
    Hope it helps to train Chen Long who is slow to warm up be on his toes and quickly focused from the get-go as every point is precious in the short 11-point scoring system. When Chen long is at his attacking best and defending superbly, he is on top of his game in the same league as Lin Dan and Lee CW. That's just my opinion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
    are there any results, which are not in chinese? i wanna know if XUE SONG already played?
    Xue Song is playing for the Guangdong Badminton Club (not to be confused with the Guangdong Century City which has Lee CW). In the opening tie on 28th Sep, Guangdong club lost 0-5 to Jiangsu Xiongwei Jianshe Badminton Club but he wasn't featured in the matchup. I gathered he was getting ready to play at the London GPG next week beginning tomorrow (1st Oct).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Hope it helps to train Chen Long who is slow to warm up be on his toes and quickly focused from the get-go as every point is precious in the short 11-point scoring system. When Chen long is at his attacking best and defending superbly, he is on top of his game in the same league as Lin Dan and Lee CW. That's just my opinion.
    CL's indifferent form at the moment is temporary , I think. Judging from what I observed previously, LYB/CBA knows how to train their players to peak at the right time. At the moment they are tweaking their MD combinations in preparation for next year's TC.
    Last edited by tbgoh288; 09-30-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Xue Song is playing for the Guangdong Badminton Club (not to be confused with the Guangdong Century City which has Lee CW). In the opening tie on 28th Sep, Guangdong club lost 0-5 to Jiangsu Xiongwei Jianshe Badminton Club but he wasn't featured in the matchup. I gathered he was getting ready to play at the London GPG next week beginning tomorrow (1st Oct).
    ah, thats nice that he play london GPG! he has a good draw into the QF and will then face maybe AXELSEN, which would be awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use the 11 point until the final 8, then use the current system the rest of the way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the Chen Long I want to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ShWGPlJVlxw in his match vs Wang Zhengming.

I regard WZM as another slow starter and a bit too laid-back but when he's speedy and explosive,he's devastating provided he also cuts down on his propensity for simple errors now and then. I earnestly hoped after his CHN Masters triumph, he becomes more consistent and play with intensity always without giving away too many easy points.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 vs 3 or we call it Triple is more exciting...we introduced it during University games..the reason is with triple..you have to learn communication, strategy ..it looks easy but not

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the recent meeting ( BWF seminar), now a lot of people complained that 21 point is too long especially on WD but it took all players almost 5 to 6 years to adapt...to change to another ...it wont be easy and I agree 11 point is just too short...I may like the idea 21 point like IBL where no deuce and 3rd set is to 11 point...it may help a bit....or other option is 15 rally points and 3rd set is 11 points

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast