User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all sports, talent and skills are the critical factors and physique is secondary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    In all sports, talent and skills are the critical factors and physique is secondary.
    well I don't think MJ would be the best ever if he was 5"11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dominikk1985 View Post
    well I don't think MJ would be the best ever if he was 5"11.
    Hulk Hogan is 6'8" but I don't think hes a good basketball player - the thing is
    within the scope of the particular sport there are certain skills and physical
    requirements that are obviously neccesary - but inevitably talent and skill overides
    physics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Hulk Hogan is 6'8" but I don't think hes a good basketball player - the thing is
    within the scope of the particular sport there are certain skills and physical
    requirements that are obviously neccesary - but inevitably talent and skill overides
    physics.
    Can a feather weight boxer beats a heavy weight boxer. Can you beat your father when you were under 16. Of course size matter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are definetely sports, where physique (height...) is as important as other skills (basketball, volleyball). You hardly see small players in these sports, unless they are very, very talented and only can play at certain positions. All other guys are very talented AND tall...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name a girl who would want to date a guy 5 feet less one inch tall. Of course size matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming from the OP that we are imagining not only the people but a complete transfer of whatever talents they have in their respective sport/activity into badminton. Otherwise, I'd have to argue that none of them would be in the top rankings.

I think discipline, hard work, and luck are only part of it. Talent also plays a big part. (Yes I know MJ used to suck at BB when he was young, but I think he just hadn't unleashed his potential talent yet).

As such, I would say LD and LCW would still be where they are. I don't know them personally but from what I have seen, I would say they train just as hard as any other athlete and are just as talented in their respective sport. Similar to many of the people you listed, they completely dominate their sport if not more so.

In addition their Cardiovascular ability is amazing. I honestly believe it is a unique condition for badminton players. Few other sports require the constant sudden full-out bursts of energy over an extend period that badminton does.

I'm not saying the other athletes are not fit, just that they are built differently and would have a hard time adjusting. I think the closest kin might be a Squash player? Tennis is similar but the pace is different.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3