User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Hi TimothyTrott,

Good that you can participate on Thu 25-Jul-2013. We shall now wait for other CCCers to reply.

The important link for this league (for Fixtures/Ladders/Results) is found loacted at :
    http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_in...c=0-6055-0-0-0

Note that our first matches for CCC-Cats on Thu 25-Jul-2013 will be on Court #6 scheduled to start at 8:00pm.

Regarding 'What requires organisation before or during the competition?', perhaps BaddyGary is best to provide the answers.

I believe that BaddyGary will be there on match night - to provide you with :
    * supply of shuttlecocks.
    * supply of scoresheets.
    * info on how to post in the results after each match night.
    * etc, etc, ......
    Hi Chris,

Sorry don't think I can play this thursday.
    I will be most likely be able to play next thursday tho!

Dannel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb 2013 Spring CBA '2-Players' Singles League on Thursday night (B Singles)

I shall remind CCCers the more important posts made in this thread thus far :

Post #1
    CBA (Melbourne) invited us to play in their 2013 Spring Season '2-Players' League.

Some info :
    * It will be played on every Thursday night - 8:00pm to 10:00pm.
    * Each team consists of 2 players (they can be male or female). This is a unisex-team league.
    * Each player plays 2 Singles matches (each against opponent No.1 and No.2).
    * The 2 players of each team will then combine to play 1 Doubles match against the 2 opponent players.

Could we have interested CCCers to let us know ASAP ? This league shall be starting very soon.
    Post #2
    Quote Originally Posted by srikiran View Post
    I am interested Chris , I will need to fix my playing partner and ill let you know.
    Post #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannel View Post
    Just wondering - whats the rules for singles? 3 sets of 21? If its less than that - I wouldn't mind playing as the match would be pretty quick?
    Post #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TimothyTrott View Post
    Thank you for the notice Chris, I am also interested.
    Post #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddyGary View Post
    2 player teams...non gender specific so can be 2 guys, 2 girls or one of each.
    2 hours from 8pm
    play a total of 4 singles matches and 1 doubles.
    Each player plays 2 singles and 1 doubles
    Singles are best of 3 rally point games to a maximum of 15 points
    Doubles are best of 3 rally point games to a maximum of 21 points
    Home team order of play is Player 1 Singles. Player 2 Singles, Doubles, Player 1 Singles, Player 2 Singles
    Away team order of play is Player 1 Singles. Player 2 Singles, Doubles, Player 2 Singles, Player 1 Singles
    Post #17
    I will enter a team called CCC-Cats into the B Singles competition on Thursday -- This will make 10 teams in the Competition and we play on 4 courts .... We will use a fixture that ensures that all teams play each other once in a 12 week period (each team will play 9 matches and have 3 byes). After this stage we will split the 10 teams into 2 pools of 5 and each team will play against each other team in their pool once. The teams in the top 2 positions in their own pool will then play in a final.....

The cost for a 2 player team will be $372.00 split amongst the players in the team..... In addition each regular player in a team is required to be a financial member of Badminton Victoria which costs $35.00 for the year ending 31 December 2013 -- there is no half yearly rate.
    Post #20
    Regarding the cost for us CCCers participating, players shall share the cost.

Players playing shall pay, while players missing matches won't need to pay.

Yes, it could be complicating, but I am sure we can work things out.

By the way, we could be having more CCCers wishing to join our CCC-Cats team later (as this thread gets to be known by more CCCers).
    Post #24
    We need someone to lead our team.

It looks like chris-ccc will lead our Singles team.
    Post #25 (Here I have included info only related to the '2-Players' Singles League')
    Gary sent me this CBA simplified rules :

Revised February 2013

Definitions:-
    Season – duration will be determined by the Committee each year but will normally be between 14-18 rounds plus 2 rounds of finals.
    Round – All matches necessary to ensure all teams (including a bye) play each other on a night.
    Match – The total number of games/sets to be played – 5 sets(2 player Competition) or 6 sets(4 player competition) between 2 teams of players.
    Set – A set shall consist of the best of three games using the rally point scoring system (sometimes referred to as a best of 3 games rubber)
    Game – A game shall be won by the side which first scores 21 points (doubles) or 15 points (singles).
    Ace – means a point won during a game
    Premiership points – see premiership ladder paragraph.
    Singles
    Singles teams shall comprise of 2 players – non gender specific.
    1 additional player may be named in the team but only 2 players can play each match during the home and away season.
    Three players may play in finals with match secretary approval and in an order specified by the match secretary.
    A match will consist of 5 sets being 4 singles and 1 doubles.
    A match will be won by the team winning most of the sets
    If one unfinished set – may need to use doubles method to decide winner.

Order of matches
    The preferred order of matches is :-
    Singles, singles, doubles, singles, singles in the 2 player competition

Starting Time
    The courts are booked from 8:00pm and matches should start as close as possible to this time. Should one team be indicated on the scoresheet as responsible for a start later than 8:15pm and there be any unfinished matches those unfinished matches will be awarded to the team not responsible for the late start.

Casual team vacancies.
    A team that has named additional players at the start of the season must fill casual vacancies from their list of players before obtaining emergency players.
    Teams are to attempt to obtain players from any team scheduled on a bye for the round.
    The match secretary must be consulted before using an emergency player for the first time. Once approved that player may be used again without match secretary consultation. The results of 2 matches are usually required to ascertain a player’s strength. The committee may regrade any player at any time – if that player is considered to be playing well below their grade.
    The total number of players used in any one season shall not exceed:-
    • Singles teams - 6 players

Injuries
    A player is allowed a once off maximum time of 3 minutes for treatment of an injury.
    Any player injured during a match may be replaced by another player in any subsequent matches… provided the replacement player is eligible to play that grade (or lower) and they can play without any undue delay to the playing of the subsequent matches.
    The score sheet shall indicate the nature and time of the injury as this may be required for an injury insurance claim
    The score achieved by the injured player’s team shall stand with the opposition being awarded that game to 15(21) points and any additional games 15(21) to nil to ensure a result for the rubber.
    A person is not permitted to play in two different teams on the same night.

Results
    Both team captains are requested to email the result to the match secretary within 72hours of the completion of each match.

Permanent team changes
    If it becomes necessary to replace a team player permanently the match secretary will need to give approval of the change – it will only be given to ensure a minimum number of players are available (if you have 3 men/women at the start and one leaves that player cannot be replaced).
    For purposes of finals eligibility the new player will be deemed to have played all the matches played by the replaced player.

Finals eligibility
    A player will automatically qualify for the finals if he/she plays a minimum of one half the number of matches in a season (rounded down).
    No player will be permitted to play in a finals match if they have not played a match in that grade during the season.

A player from a lower grade may be considered as a replacement. The committee may over-ride this rule if necessary for the lowest grade.
    Permission to play a player not automatically qualified for the finals must be obtained at least 48 hours prior to the final being played.

Points on ladder
    A team that wins a match will be awarded 2 premiership points.
    If the match results in a draw each team will be awarded 1 premiership point
    A Bye is recorded as a win
    Percentage is calculated by dividing total aces won by total aces lost and multiplying by 100. This is accumulated week by week.
    Finals
    Referee
    If no referee is appointed for the finals the match secretary shall be the referee.
    The referee shall have sole responsibility in ensuring matches are completed in time on the available courts.
    Refusal to abide with any referee directions may result in defaulting a game or games if matches do not finish as a result of this non compliance.
    Umpiring
    Teams not involved in finals are to umpire as directed by the match secretary – in most instances for the second week of the finals.

Fixtures and Finals
    Spring season will start the week after the June/July school holidays and continue through to the week prior to the School Volleyball championships (usually the first full week in December). If possible there will be no play in the week of the Melbourne Cup Holiday.
    4 teams in grade
    • Will be avoided as would need to play each team 5 times (15 rounds).
    • Finals will be 1st v 2nd second on ladder. Other 2 teams umpire.
    • Requires 16 weeks of competition.
    5 or 6 teams in grade
    • Will play each team 3 times (15 rounds).
    • Finals will be 2nd v 3rd on ladder with winner playing 1st on ladder.
    5th & 6th on ladder umpire semi, 4th & semi loser umpire final.
    • Requires 17 weeks of competition
    7 or 8 teams in grade
    • Will play each team twice (14 rounds).
    • Finals – Week 1 1st v 4th , 2nd v 3rd – week 2 winners play for gold/silver, losers play for Bronze …
    5,6,7 umpire week 2 of finals or 7&8 week 1, 5&6 week 2
    • Requires 16 weeks of competition
    9 or 10 teams in grade (will only be 10 if can get 5 courts for grade)
    • Will play each team twice (18 rounds).
    • Finals will be SF1 1st v 4th, SF2 2nd v 4th , EF1 5th v 8th , EF2 6th v 7th Gold/Silver playoff -- winner SF1 v winner SF2,
    Bronze 1 winner EF1 v loser SF1, Bronze 2 winner EF2 v loser SF2
    • No umpires week 1 – 9 & 10 and EF1 & EF2 losers umpire week 2.
    • Requires 20 weeks of competition
    o If 20 weeks not available for competition, an alterative using the number of available weeks shall be used
     Eg. 9 rounds as one pool of teams – then play 2 pools of upto 5 teams, (4 or 6 team formats) requires 16 weeks of competition.

Documents available for downloading from the web-site.
    • Excel version of the 2 player scoresheet for completion and return to the match secretary.
    • Excel version of the 4 player scoresheet for completion and return to the match secretary
    • Copy of these match regulations.
    Available to team captains on request:-
    • Listing of all players in competition including recommended emergency players – this shows name, email address and mobile number.

The committee have sole responsibility in enforcing the match regulations – these simplified rules have been published as a guide to the full regulations which are being revised and should be available prior to the start of the Autumn 2013 season.

Amended November 2013 ……… ad
    Post #27
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebellum View Post
    i mean.... i don't mind being one of the 6 maximum players allowance if needed
    Post #33
    Hi TimothyTrott,

Good that you can participate on Thu 25-Jul-2013. We shall now wait for other CCCers to reply.

The important link for this league (for Fixtures/Ladders/Results) is found loacted at :
    http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_in...c=0-6055-0-0-0

Note that our first matches for CCC-Cats on Thu 25-Jul-2013 will be on Court #6 scheduled to start at 8:00pm.

Regarding 'What requires organisation before or during the competition?', perhaps BaddyGary is best to provide the answers.

I believe that BaddyGary will be there on match night - to provide you with :
    * supply of shuttlecocks.
    * supply of scoresheets.
    * info on how to post in the results after each match night.
    * etc, etc, ......
    So far, only 3 CCCers have replied for Thu 25-Jul-2013 (for our first match) :

TimothyTrott.....Yes, will play.
    Dannel...............No, will be most likely be able to play next thursday.
    srikiran..............No reply yet.
    cerebellum.........No reply yet.
    chris-ccc............Will play if not enough players.

We hope to receive replies from all interested CCCers ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 2 players required for each Thursday --- may permit 3 in final.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Only 2 players are required

Only 2 players required for each Thursday --- may permit 3 in final.
    Thanking BaddyGary for providing CCCers (new to CBA League) with more info.

Yes, only 2 players are required.

I was merely asking who are our 2 players able to play on Thu 25-Jul-2013 (for our first match).
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-21-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry chris was very busy with the office work was not able to look into the posts ,yes ,since we are not having doubles competetion this week ,I will play in the singles this thursday .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2013 Spring CBA '2-Players' Singles League on Thursday 25-July (B Singles)

sorry chris was very busy with the office work was not able to look into the posts ,yes ,since we are not having doubles competetion this week ,I will play in the singles this thursday .
    So, we have 2 CCCers to play on Thu 25-Jul-2013 (for our first CCC-Cats match), namely ;

Team CCC-Cats
    1st Singles....TimothyTrott
    2nd Singles...srikiran

This is how I would rank you 2 CCCers.

Don't concentrate on competition; Focus on fun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2013 Spring CBA Singles B/C League (on Thursday night) - Another message from Gary-G

Hi CCC-Cats,

Gary-G sent me this message :

Hi Chris..

You have asked me to advise what the fees for the competition season might be......

Fees will be advised at the start of competition but the following is what I anticipate will be charged.

Each player that plays in a team on a regular basis -- (BV says this more than 3 matches) -- is required to be a financial member for the year 1 Jan to 31 Dec -- ie they must have paid the annual registration fee of $37.00 to an association........there is no half yearly rate. You only pay the fee once per year no matter how many associations you play in -- eg if you play Central, Western Suburbs and Veterans you would only pay once.

It is anticipated that the fees for the 2 player competition will be $372.00 for the team ($186.00 each of 2 players).
    and for the 4 player competition will be $440.00 for the team ($110.00 each of 4 players).

If it is planned that more players than the minimum numbers shown will play on a regular basis you apportion the fees as you wish --- Albert Park Club -- as the club being charged the court hire and supplying the shuttles will require the full payment of the amount shown before the end of the 7th round.

The 2 player Comp will play all other teams in the grade in 12 weeks (9 matches,3 byes each team) ...... then each team in their pool of 5 (4 matches, 1 bye) followed by one final - so there are 13 matches for all teams.

The 4 player Comp will pay all other teams in the grade twice in 14 weeks (12 matches, 2 byes each team) and there will then be 3 weeks of finals for the top 4 teams -- so there are only 12 matches for all teams.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2013 Spring CBA '2-Players' Singles League on Thursday 01-August (B Singles)

Yesterday, 28-Jul-2013, at our Sunday CCC CATS, TimothyTrott informed me that he will play on Thu 01-Aug-2013 (for our ROUND 2 match).

I believe it's best for us to communicate here, like how we communicate in our CCC Booking Lists threads.

==================================================

We shall start our CCC-Cats Team List for Thu 01-Aug-2013 (ROUND 2 match) :
    * = Teammates who played last match.

TimothyTrott*....Yes, will play.
    chris-ccc.............Will play if not enough players.
    Dannel................
    srikiran*.............
    cerebellum..........

Link for this league (for Fixtures/Ladders/Results) is found located at :
    http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_in...6445-0&pool=-1
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-29-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday, 28-Jul-2013, at our Sunday CCC CATS, TimothyTrott informed me that he will play on Thu 01-Aug-2013 (for our ROUND 2 match).

I believe it's best for us to communicate here, like how we communicate in our CCC Booking Lists threads.

chris-ccc.............Will play if not enough players.
    Dannel................
    srikiran*.............
    cerebellum.......... Will play as an absolute last resort (i.e. Chris can play before me)

.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2013 Spring CBA '2-Players' Singles League on Thu 01-August (B Singles) Team List

Quote Originally Posted by cerebellum View Post
    Will play as an absolute last resort (i.e. Chris can play before me).
    Thanking cerebellum for his reply. Now awaiting for Dannel and srikiran to reply.

Dannel...............
    srikiran*............
    cerebellum.........Will play as an absolute last resort (i.e. Chris can play before me)

Last edited by chris-ccc; 07-29-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,

I would like to play this Thursday ,If there is a place ....
    I would also request you to come to Thursday match ,even if you arent playing ..if its not a problem .
    I think it would help
    Sri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will play as a last resort.
    I strained my back, so not sure how playing badminton will go. I will find out tonight.

Thanking cerebellum for his reply. Now awaiting for Dannel and srikiran to reply.

Dannel...............
    srikiran*............
    cerebellum.........Will play as an absolute last resort (i.e. Chris can play before me)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow CCC-Cats Team List for Thu 01-August (B Singles)

Hi Chris,

I would like to play this Thursday, If there is a place ....
    I would also request you to come to Thursday match, even if you aren't playing ..if its not a problem .
    I think it would help
    Sri
    Good; We now have 2 players.

srikiran*............Yes, would like to play.
    Dannel...............

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow CCC-Cats Team List for Thu 01-August (B Singles) - 2 teammates have booked in

Quote Originally Posted by Dannel View Post
    Will play as a last resort.
    I strained my back, so not sure how playing badminton will go. I will find out tonight.
    You don't need to play because 2 teammates have booked in already.

We are using this 'Team List' just like our 'Booking List' for our Wednesday night 'CCC Social Challenge Matches'.

srikiran*............Yes, would like to play.
    Dannel...............Will play as a last resort.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Sometimes with lack of time and of energy, I cannot do it

Hi Chris,

I would also request you to come to Thursday match, even if you aren't playing ..if it's not a problem.

I think it would help.
    Sri
    Sometimes with lack of time and of energy; it makes it difficult for me to attend.

Just like last night (Tue 30-Jul-2013), I finished at 11:00pm with Team CCC-Mates. Then, this morning I was required to return to MSAC at 10:00am (for a private coaching session).

I am quite tired now; And I shall be very tired for our tonight's CCC session also.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2013 Spring CBA '2-Players' Singles League on Thursday 08-August (B Singles)

I believe it's best for us to communicate here about who will play in our next match (like how we communicate in our CCC Booking Lists threads).

We shall start our CCC-Cats Team List for Thu 08-Aug-2013 (ROUND 3 match) :

( ) = Date when booking is made

TimothyTrott*....
    srikiran*.............
    Dannel................
    cerebellum..........
    chris-ccc.............

Links for this league (for Fixtures/Ladders/Results) are found located at :

and

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_in...055-0-266445-0
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-02-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2013 Spring CBA '2-Players' Singles League (Results Update)

Links for this league (for Fixtures/Ladders/Results) are found located at :

and

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_in...055-0-266445-0
    As we can see, no results have been posted.

Perhaps our CCCers can inform us of their past results.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast