Buying Yonex Shoes.... Please help!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by kaisterkai, Jun 27, 2013.

1. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    Good day

Like the titles suggest, I am thinking of getting a new pair of shoes...

At the moment I have 3 pairs in mind:

1) Yonex SHB SC2EX Badminton Shoes (Black-Gold) ($40-00)

2) Yonex SHB 92MX Badminton Shoes (Black-yellow) ($72-00)

3) Yonex SHB 01MX Badminton Shoes (Red-white) ($84-00)

(Please note, the price tags are +/- )

The reason why the: Yonex SHB SC2EX Badminton Shoes (Black-Gold), is so cheap it's because it's on special...

Now the thing is.. I asked my friends about which shoes and about shoes.. and... most of them didn't really care about shoes, but anyway, there was one that knew a bit more about badminton, and he suggested that I stay away from the: Yonex SHB SC2EX Badminton Shoes (Black-Gold), because it's a "squash" shoe... and the sole is stiff and not good and all...

And that I should either choose the Yonex SHB 92MX Badminton Shoes (Black-yellow) or the Yonex SHB 01MX Badminton Shoes (Red-white) ...

Okay, I can afford any one of them (have to save up for the top 2).. But I was thinking.. is it really necessary to buy the TOP one,(Yonex SHB 01MX Badminton Shoes (Red-white)
    )

So i am very unsure about the shoes...

If anyone can provide some kind of guidelines that would be great :)

Thanks in advance

2. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Well, I don't know much about the SC2... anyway... I'd say the SHB 01MX is more durable, more rigid and provides more cushioning than the 92MX.

The 92MX isn't a bad shoe at all, if I'm not mistaken it's lighter and a tad more agile. So it depends on needs.

You can't go wrong with both, the 01 and the 92MX. I'd take the 01MX, simply the best stability/supportive shoe I got so far. (Got the blue version). I need the extra stability for aggressive and impulsive footwork and jumps. I don't need the extra speed of the 92MX.

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I am pretty much agree with sFrog, that SHB 01MX is more into comfort, where SHB 92MX is more into speed. As with SC2, well i have not worn that shoes before, so i can't comment much on that area.

If you only have the money to buy only one of them, if i were you, i will buy SHB 01MX. Badminton is a sport that requires a lot of jumping, lunge, and explosive movements or reactions. This is detrimental to our knee, that is why buying more shoes with the best cushion is advisable. You could train your body to be faster, but for cushion, you need a good pair of shoe.