Cracking noise from the cone of my Z Force

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by f1rst, Jun 29, 2013.

1. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

Hi folks, looking for a bit of help regarding my racket. I've begun to notice a cracking noise emanating from the cone area of the racket. Upon further inspection there does appear to be some paint chips on the cone where the paint looks to have flaked off. I'm not sure if this is just superficial or the signs of a deeper problem.

Has anyone else ever experienced this on any Yonex racket or even another brand? And does it mean the life of my Z Force is coming to an end? I'm presuming this would be covered by the warranty as I've only had the racket 3 months so I'd hope I'd be given a replacement if the racket did disintegrate.

Please share any comments or similar experiences so I know what lies ahead.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    I have had the same problem with my Yonex Arcsaber 002, and possibly my Yonex Nanoray 300. from what i can gather, it only happens with the flexible rackets i own. now i'm not sure if it's the flexibility of the shaft that causes the cone to shift and expand, or maybe it's just wear and tear because i tend to play with my flexible rackets most often.

3. Alom

Alom Regular Member

I've had this problem on two occasions. Once with a PP trinity MK1 and with an old gen DE coded BS10. The trinity was taken by a friend who broke it in a clash and I couldn't get to the bottom of this. With the BS10, during a backhand clear the handle broke in two. Was covered with warranty and was replaced. It could be either one of two things. The handle is splintering or the paint is just defusing from the shaft and handle (where the connect). This isn't a big issue. If the handle is cracked, you would need to get that sorted. Only way of checking is taking all grip off and examining handle.

4. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    This is a common issue, and so far I have only experienced on my VTZF...

Though it has a slight rattle sound, the racket still feel solid and plays well.. I will not bother contacting for warranty as I bought it from Amazon USA

5. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher

I also want to add that head heavy + stiff shaft and flex movement of the shaft with the heavy head balance momentum can indeed stress the shaft and wood handle joint, and this is once of the reasons why the paint on the cone would chip...

Though, it would not degrade the performance of the racket, but the sound is kind of scary when you first hear it. lol.