Zymax 67 red

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Exert, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Has anyone used these strings against nylons? Could anyone give me a brief description / review with an conclusion and power feel durability and sound? Thanks

-Exert

2. visor

visor Regular Member

haven't used red, but used white for nylons... good durability, but prefer zm65 for better repulsion, control and sound

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm I've heard good reviews about 65 and 70 , I've also order adi power pro and power tour strings from mbs I believe, going to string all three 67 and the Adidas into three racquets and I'll see how that goes :0

4. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Hopefully your rackets are similar so that you can make a better comparison of the strings.

I liked the ZM67 reds but I noticed the strings are don't tend to stay straightened. That is, it doesn't 'notch' into itself like Yonex strings do; like BG80, BG65 or BG66UM (the ones I've tried). Of course there's less movement the tighter your strings are so it might not be a problem if you already use high tensions, but do NOT increase your tension just to prevent the string movement.

For me the strings sound higher pitched, which results in more deception since you won't realize a smash was just delivered. If you've played with BG80, it's a deep and noticeable booming sound.

Also, ZM67 was quite cushiony feeling, unlike BG80 which feels more like plywood.

Of the Zymax range I would rather try the ZM62 and ZM65 than the ZM67 and ZM70. The thinner strings provide a lot better repulsion, though ZM62 is quite fragile.

I'm most likely getting myself a reel of white ZM65s, simply because more people would be willing to try white than red or yellow in my club (I string as well).

5. Line & Length

Line & Length Regular Member

I played most of last season with ZM67 & was happy. Stringing at 25lb, I got approx. 2 months (30-40 hours play) of useful life out of a set. Even then, they hadn't frayed or snapped, just gone dead.

Personally, I view the lack of notches as a good thing.

Next season, I suspect that I'm going to use ZM65. Better repulsion and feel. However, if you find 65 isn't durable enough (especially with nylons), then ZM67 should be fine.

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I'm 14 and I usually use 23lbs to 25 I'm stringing my racquets at 25 lbs, yes I do have two nanospeed 100s due too dad not realizing and not looking LOL, thank you guys I might just all the zymax strings later on

7. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

With plastic birds/nylons, thicker strings will probably be better. The power you get at lower tensions is awesome. For feather shuttles, thinner strings @ higher tensions tends to be better for power.

This is just from my personal experience:
    Plastics: BG80 @ 23-24 lbs.
    Feather: BG66UM @ 27 lbs.

8. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I tried bg 80 23lbs... Didn't like it at all

9. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

67 feels great when freshly strung at 26x28, but with all my training/games going on in 1 week, it definitely feels dead after a couple weeks. Will be looking forward going back to my beloved NBG-98 :)

10. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

BG80 @ 23 with feathers? I tried that too, and it was horrible. Would definitely need to increase it to 27 lbs. at least (at which my BG66UM is better for me).

BG80 @ 23 works for me with plastics for some reason. I get so much more power.

11. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    For nylons I don't really like it :0