User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personnaly I think getting some coaching is a good idea - correct technique should lead to less injuries

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

Excellent and valuable pointers have been highlighted here. Should by itself be another specific thread as a guideline for those who has an intention to hire a badminton coach.

Its always has been the criteria that when it comes to the issue of "is it worth hiring a coach", the quality of such coaching outcomes derives from the perspectives of how their student/s evaluate their coach's coaching style, knowledge, personality etc. If we carefully understand that in any process of learning, the effectiveness of any information delivered regardless if it is a theory or practical in nature, it requires an effective 2 way mutual communication between a teacher and his student, in this case between a badminton coach and his learner. This effective way of connection will then create "a bond" between coach and his student which will then drastically influences much of the outcome of the coaching delivered. The closer and more harmony the bond similarly like a father to a son (i.e Datuk Misbun and Datuk LCW), more improvements will follow. One most important criteria that will much influences the nature of such bond is the character that you have inside you as a learner as far as if you're dedicated to learn badminton is concern.

You can have the best coach available on earth but then, if his student don't have the right attitude inside his heart and mind then no theory and practical knowledge that his coach teaches him will be as beneficial as he hope since he hasn't set within himself first the correct character and quality as a quality learner in order to facilitate and support his coach quest in guiding him to become a better player at the first place. In the other words, before a student want to evaluate whether is it worth hiring a coach, it is very important also at the same time that he must evaluate himself whether he has the right mental and character attitude inside him to become a motivated and highly discipline student as his student. If such character exist then it will be a very valuable asset to have a coach with you to guide you since you have already what it takes to become a better player mentally and it is just a matter of your pure dedication and motivation towards following your coaching structure to further improve how you play.

SS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello guys! thank you very much for all your input here. I've already got a coach and had 2 sessions with him. I think we're getting along very well. My game has definitely improved which my group has noticed. hehehe. Thanks to my coach!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Hi there,

Excellent and valuable pointers have been highlighted here. Should by itself be another specific thread as a guideline for those who has an intention to hire a badminton coach.

SS
    I have tried to summarise and consolidate the information. You may read it in the following link

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/bc/2...or-worthwhile/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I have tried to summarise and consolidate the information. You may read it in the following link

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/bc/2...or-worthwhile/
    Nice job cheung.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Cheung! I'm sure there are a lot of other badminton enthusiasts that will benefit from the article that you wrote. Speaking from my experience of having a coach, it is also worthwhile to improve by yourself 1st though it's frustrating/tiring sometimes. Why? Because you get to learn or know some things in advance. The only downside in doing this is there's really no one to tell exactly if you're doing them correctly and you don't get to practice them a lot. However, it still helps especially in accelerating your progress once you get a coach. For example, the split drop, proper grip, proper hitting action; these are just some of the things I've always tried to practice during my leisurely games. Thus, during my training, my coach didn't have to emphasize much on these things and therefore we could focus more on other aspects such as footwork, anticipation of the next shot, etc. I really feel that my game has evolved tremendously, of course in a positive way, even after just 2 coaching sessions of 1 hour each. As I mentioned before, my group definitely noticed the improvements. Of course, it's not all about the coach. You need to be motivated and determined to improve. Push yourself to the limits. As my coach would put it, "no numb no gain". I'm very happy with my coach and with the improvements I've made.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reytave View Post
    Thank you Cheung! I'm sure there are a lot of other badminton enthusiasts that will benefit from the article that you wrote......
    Umm, it's with the help of you guys that the article becomes what it is. I am only a facilitator.

There is another helpful thread - I will update and edit the main article accordingly in the future.
    Last edited by Cheung; 02-18-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2