User Tag List

Thread: 2 & 4 knots

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2 & 4 knots

Hi I'm just wondering what is the difference between string knots? Like does it affect the performance or something for is it just the way the racquet is suppose to be strung thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Hi I'm just wondering what is the difference between string knots? Like does it affect the performance or something for is it just the way the racquet is suppose to be strung thanks.

In my experience, 4 knots will hold the string tension better than 2 knots. There are stringing patterns provided by the manufacturer (e.g. Yonex) on their recommended stringing pattern. You may refer to this as an example from Yonex: http://www.yonex.com/products/badmin...-instructions/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see,There are stringing patterns provided by the manufacturer on their recommended stringing pattern.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm .... Interesting, coz one of my stringer says 4-knots losses tension easily, but provides a more even tension. I personally prefer the feel of the 2-knots bcoz I don't like any of the 4-knots I tried locally.

However, the 4-knots on my Legend 2 (by racquetforce.com from Hong Kong), and Cab50 (from rakuten jp) feels superb! Both at 24lbs.

Maybe I haven't encounter a good 4-knot stringer here in Singapore .... Lol