LingBu Badminton Footwork App (for Tablets)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by towbsss, Jul 2, 2013.

1. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to spread some awareness about a new footwork app you can download for your tablets. The app is free for both Android and Apple but only works with tablets (to my knowledge) as you need a larger screen to see it. This app was developed in Canada, so they asked me to be a part of their promotional videos, and the footwork caters to singles. Anyway, I hope you can try it out and see if it works for you. Again, it is free and you can get more information on http://lingbubadminton.com/.

For those who have tried footwork programs before (e.g. LingBu, BlackKnight Shadow Trainer), do you find them useful? Although it is always better to have someone else pointing for you, I'm curious whether you feel any difference in having someone/something tell you what to do vs. doing it on your own. Also, LingBu will tell you where you are hitting, which makes it unique, but is that a useful feature for you?

Thanks for the feedback,

Toby Ng
    Badminton Canada

2. korke78

korke78 Regular Member

Hey Toby

Glad I've found "your" app! I really like it and it's very good! Two things I miss: the 7th/8th corner and a more significant indication for the splitstep.
    And yes, please unlock the additional feature

3. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Glad you like the app! I will pass on your suggestions to the developers, as it isn't "my" app (can't take the credit there!); however, we rarely practice the 7th/8th corners in Canada when we do footwork, mainly just because shots to the middle are quite rare and are simply a scaled-down version of either forehand or backhand corner. Additionally, I would be cautious about split-step timing to the app, as it will be different when you play a real game. Even if your split-step is off a bit from the app, or if you have to make your own timing, I think that will translate better into your training! Additional features can be unlocked for a small fee, I believe. Thank you for your comments! Happy training!

4. korke78

korke78 Regular Member

Thank you very much for your answer and your suggestions. As for the additional features, I already unlock after paying the small fee one feature. But there are sone more which are labeled as 'coming soon'...