Yonex arcsaber fb & yonex voltric z force

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by vRYUUKIv, Jul 3, 2013.

1. vRYUUKIv

vRYUUKIv Regular Member

student
    Hi, i wanna ask about these two racquets string tension.. I have Yonex Arcsaber FB F:G6 with string recommended 24LBS & Yonex Voltric ZForce 4U:G5 with string recommended 26LBS.. What i'm wondering are these recommended string tension is the racquets maximum tension and cannot go more or else the frame will break or bend? Is there any consequences if to strung 27lbs for these two racquets? PLEASE HELP ME

2. VictorP

VictorP Regular Member

Student
    The recommended tension is the max amount before the warranty is void. You can go higher but if it breaks then you can not replace your racket.

3. vRYUUKIv

vRYUUKIv Regular Member

student
    Yeah i've heard about that but is there any other consequences to the frame itself?

4. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I think higher tension = easier to bend/break (from clash, inexperienced stringer, etc) than lower tension. That's the consequence.

5. Darth vader

Darth vader Regular Member

Sith Lord
    As an arcfb user myself, I have encountered breakage of the frame on 2 occasions due to mishit. The frame is hollow to begin with, and as such, I really wouldn't recommend stringing beyond the stipulated tension range. The good thing was, the shops that I purchased my rackets from were aware of the tension strung and thus the warranty claim was relatively smooth. I did not have the chance to own the voltric though, and thus cannot comment much.

FWIW, I have tried bg66um, forten titanium 65 and bg80, all on 24lbs. Personally, I will go for bg66um. In fact, I'm planning to lower my tension to 22lbs as a tryout. I dun really smash much so I reckon the lower tension will suit my control style of plan better. But that's just me.

my 2 cents worth.