User Tag List

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S4MadMan
    Nope, I just camp at the San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club.
    i ordain u as the official SGPD then

i see u carrying around a squash pumpkin lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    i ordain u as the official SGPD then

i see u carrying around a squash pumpkin lol
    Yes, I swing a pumpkin squash racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relatively small bag compared to most of you,

2 X MP 99 3U G4
    1 X Iso90 VFS 3U G3
    1 X SHB-99 Shoes
    1 X Yonex 720 bag
    2 X Verycool shirts
    1 X Tube of Mavis 350's
    Couple packs of BG85 and BG68ti strings
    Shorts
    Couple Supergraps
    Last edited by pentium4; 12-09-2005 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crap image got too big...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Nope, I just camp at the San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club.
    Hello DinkAlot,
    What is the 2 blue half moon shape "wheels" at the base of the squash racket? Some "secret" training stuff or what?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTFK
    Hello DinkAlot,
    What is the 2 blue half moon shape "wheels" at the base of the squash racket? Some "secret" training stuff or what?
    Hi Frank: the half moon thingy is a lower leg stretching device called Step Stretch. http://www.footsmart.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=84

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Change of contents!

"6 x Nanospeed 8000"

The rest is as mentioned previously.

Used to be 6 x AT800 defensive but someone offered to buy it all from me on e-bay. The money gained from the sale was enough to buy 5 Nanospeed 8000s. My coach suggested a change so I thought that I would give it a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just curious why so few people have 2 or more of the same rackets, I mean surely its standard practise to find a racket you like buy at least 2 maybe 3 have them all strung and gripped the same. Maybe some of you have a better insight than me but I would bet anything that any player on a competative circuit would not have more than 2 different models and thats only if they were unsponsored, otherwise all the same
    Anyone have a different opinion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For pros, having at least 6 rackets of the same model is pretty much standard practice. I have so many because I am fortunate enough to be able to buy them relatively cheaply, but unfortunate enough to live in the UK where it costs almost 20 british pounds to string a racket with BG-68ti. Even though I am not a pro, I do play competitively and have gotten used to play with high tensions. By rotating between these 6, the strings tend to last for longer.

As for the other models that I have in my bag, they are kept in there for no particular reason. I am just lazy. Can't be bothered to take them out and I certainly don't use them. Other people with different models of rackets in their bags may decide to rotate between these, but that is certainly not something that I do. or woudl encourage. It wouldn't make too much difference with regards to just social play but in a competitive situation, where there is pressure and a string goes, I can assure you that you would want a replacement that feels identical. (Sorry for the patronising tone. No ill intentions.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Agree

Quote Originally Posted by F-Man
    For pros, having at least 6 rackets of the same model is pretty much standard practice. I have so many because I am fortunate enough to be able to buy them relatively cheaply, but unfortunate enough to live in the UK where it costs almost 20 british pounds to string a racket with BG-68ti. Even though I am not a pro, I do play competitively and have gotten used to play with high tensions. By rotating between these 6, the strings tend to last for longer.

As for the other models that I have in my bag, they are kept in there for no particular reason. I am just lazy. Can't be bothered to take them out and I certainly don't use them. Other people with different models of rackets in their bags may decide to rotate between these, but that is certainly not something that I do. or woudl encourage. It wouldn't make too much difference with regards to just social play but in a competitive situation, where there is pressure and a string goes, I can assure you that you would want a replacement that feels identical. (Sorry for the patronising tone. No ill intentions.)
    Although a club player and nowhere near that level all my NS8000 are gripped and strung identically in case anyting happens to one there is no need for a break in period for a new racket they are all identical but you can still notice slight differences etc.

players having different rackets and switching for doubles singles etc is something I have never understood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fman dont worry, I asked that question because I know the answer and was curious if someone could come up with a valid reason for having 15 different rackets all with various strings and tensions.
    I noticed that both the guys that replied are scottish, was wondernig what your real names are. Used to play some of the junior comps in scotland maybe have played against you before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Although a club player and nowhere near that level all my NS8000 are gripped and strung identically in case anyting happens to one there is no need for a break in period for a new racket they are all identical but you can still notice slight differences etc.

players having different rackets and switching for doubles singles etc is something I have never understood
    Likewise, I just can't understand it when people switches their rackets about. It has taken me more than 6 months after receiving my first NS8000 before finally being persuaded by the switch from my old and trusted AT800 defensives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likewise, I just can't understand it when people switches their rackets about. It has taken me more than 6 months after receiving my first NS8000 before finally being persuaded by the switch from my old and trusted AT800 defensives.
    I was AT700's all gripped and strung the same - I thought I was just being weird
    Last edited by Dill; 12-10-2005 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alansd
    Fman dont worry, I asked that question because I know the answer and was curious if someone could come up with a valid reason for having 15 different rackets all with various strings and tensions.
    I noticed that both the guys that replied are scottish, was wondernig what your real names are. Used to play some of the junior comps in scotland maybe have played against you before?
    Chances are, not likely. I didn't start to play until I was almost 17 but to everyone's surprise, not without some serious hard work, I have managed to progress rather quickly. My coach says I need to travel around and play different people. Right now, he says that I would benefit more from extra playing time rather than practice. Have all the shots, but need to learn when to use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chances are, not likely. I didn't start to play until I was almost 17 but to everyone's surprise, not without some serious hard work, I have managed to progress rather quickly. My coach says I need to travel around and play different people. Right now, he says that I would benefit more from extra playing time rather than practice. Have all the shots, but need to learn when to use them.
    What level are you playing?

Tournaments, club leagues or schools?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fman, Dont know who is coaching you but he is right, anyone can hit a great smash but being able to hit it at the end of a 25 shot rally is different than hittig it after hitting the same 25 shot multi shuttle feed. There is no substitute for tournaments. Playing in different halls with bad shuttles is something that is more important that anything else. In badminton home court advantage is just as important as anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alansd
    Fman, Dont know who is coaching you but he is right, anyone can hit a great smash but being able to hit it at the end of a 25 shot rally is different than hittig it after hitting the same 25 shot multi shuttle feed. There is no substitute for tournaments. Playing in different halls with bad shuttles is something that is more important that anything else. In badminton home court advantage is just as important as anything else.
    Yeah, that's why I feel that I have improved considerably more after entering university. Now I have more opportunities to travel to different places when we play away matches.

I know what to do, shots to hit, trying to change the rhythm of the game, positioning in MD and MXD ...........................e.t.c. Yet as everyone will know, it can be rather difficult put it all into practice.

Sometimes I can feel quite pleased with myself when after only a relative short period of time, I am then able to compete against or even beat other players whom had previously had the edge over me.

(Apologies to other members of this forum for going slightly off topic)

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast