Sad ending for my Bravesword LYD

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by george@chongwei, Jul 4, 2013.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Finally, its time for me to create my 1st ever thread in this section:(
    Story started when I brought my victor LYD for restring with vs-850 string. Went to a local badminton store to restring it and request for 27lbs. This is the 1st time visiting that shop for restring, had no other option that time so decided to let it a go. Racket stringing done for 1 hour and from the finished job, i can 'feel' and discover that the string is very 'tight' attached to my frame. Had a few stroke instantly after that just to check out everything is cool. Feels not quite bad for me. Then, as I woke up this morning shock to find out that the frame of my racket is suddenly broken..(the side frame). See pic below. Then instantly I could guess its time to say RIP to my beloved racket which is < than a year. :crying: :crying:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      36.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      51.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
  2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Story continue...
    Though with the crack, I still bring it to the court to bid farewell to my lovely victor racket and see where it can stands. Played with it for half an hour and everything seems OK and normal..and of course without executing any 'heavy' smash. After fully warm up, forgot that i'm playing with a broken frame racket and 'krraakkk!' there you go RIP and bid farewell to my victor BS LYD..:crying: see pics below.
    Not sure whether the problem is with the stringer or my racket? I still remember when I told the stringer to string 27lbs for me, he looked a bit hesitant until he saw my racket name. My mind was like whether should i or shouldn't let my racket for restring. Well, since i've already in the shop and don't have any choices, so green light..but darn, the conclusion is not what I wanted though:mad:
    I can only list down 2 possibilities for RIP of my racket.

1. The stringer is inexperienced or something must have gone wrong during the stringing process?:confused:
    2. My racket cannot take such a high LBS? But i don't think this is likely as most of high end Victor racket max tension should be 28lbs though. P/s he's using an electronic stringing machine.

Yes, my heart is in crying process now but not physically as life must goes on. But I just want to say thank you for your service, victor BS LYD.. thanks for accompanying me no matter rain or shine, win or lose , competition or social matches, used by my male or female friends. R I P..
    As i mourn the loss of my beloved racket, I guess its time for me to start searching someone(other racket) to replace it. Any suggestion which the specs is quite resembles with Victor BS LYD.

Attached Files:

3. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Sorry for your loss!
    Try the LYDN.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Condolences, george. :( So sorry to hear of your loss.

Perhaps the stringer made an error. But from your description above, this beloved racket sounds like it had a lot of "experience" and maybe some rough treatment. Perhaps it was simply 'loved to death'. :eek:

Glad to hear you're moving on!

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    for people around you who didn't know the whole story behind it, they must have been impressed with your power shot that you can break a racket frame but maintaining the string. but all kidding aside, i'm sorry for your lost!