User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voltric equivalent for armortec 900 technique

After 3 years of use my armortec 900 technique frame cracked. 3UG4 23lbs. This was my go to racket, and I could use it well in all situations. I notice that they don't make the armortec series anymore, can somebody tell me which voltric is the most similar to the at900t. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look around enough you should be able to find at900s still for sale, it was only discontinued last year so some places still have them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, it just being discontinued. you should still be able to find brand new AT900T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    After 3 years of use my armortec 900 technique frame cracked. 3UG4 23lbs. This was my go to racket, and I could use it well in all situations. I notice that they don't make the armortec series anymore, can somebody tell me which voltric is the most similar to the at900t. Thanks.
    i felt some similarity in the vt80 petergade edition, (not the normal one which seemed head heavier)

alternatively, at900t were plentiful in the last warehouse sale in singapore, going for $100 sgd per pop.. you might be able to find some resold in BC, hopefully not for obscene profits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$100 sgd??? So jealous, even on clearance in the UK they are 90!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I heard from my regular shops around, the latest Sunrise warehouse sale was the cheapest in Yonex's history
    Few retailers were a bit annoyed as they might still have some of those models sold during the warehouse sale in their shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    From what I heard from my regular shops around, the latest Sunrise warehouse sale was the cheapest in Yonex's history
    Few retailers were a bit annoyed as they might still have some of those models sold during the warehouse sale in their shop.
    yeap.. and many racquets on sale were IP coded..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The VT80 is the AT900 done correctly.
    And the VT80 & VT80PG the exact same racket with the exception of the paint job. Any differences in feel of the racket are the result of slight variations in weight and head weight (QC)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shosasakigamba View Post
    The VT80 is the AT900 done correctly.
    And the VT80 & VT80PG the exact same racket with the exception of the paint job. Any differences in feel of the racket are the result of slight variations in weight and head weight (QC)
    with regards to the VT80 vs VT80PG, the PG feels significantly lighter, 3 of my VT80PG 4U are at 87 grams strung, the 3U is at 92G strung. the two shops that i bought my racquets at also confirmed that the PG is a bit head lighter, probably selected during production but still within the weight range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    just to answer your question, i think the vt70 would be the most similar to the at900t, at least when i played with mine. however, as other posters had responded, you can still find them on sale and i know the Hong Kong stores still has them for around $150-160USD.