Josephine Frost Zwicky

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by SibugiChai, Jul 4, 2013.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    KUALA LUMPUR: When Josephine Frost Zwicky followed her famous father – Danish badminton legend Morten Frost – to Malaysia in 1997, she was just a toddler.

Now, the lanky 17-year-old Frost Zwicky, who is training in Malaysia with the women’s singles players, is pleased to be back “home”.

“I stayed here for almost 3½ years when my father was the national coaching director. I was too young to remember much. But I can remember that I was always at the court,” she quipped.

“It is good to be back. In Denmark, I live in my own little bubble. My father told me that a trip to Malaysia would do me a world of good and teach me to be more independent. He made all the arrangements for me to train here.”

The graceful and crafty Frost Zwicky got hooked on badminton just 1½ years ago. Before that, she was involved in different types of sports.

“I used to do other sports like swimming, horseback riding, gymnastics and ballet. I started playing badminton for fun since I was nine but decided to take it up seriously last year.

“I know I have the potential but I find it difficult to bring it out. I have been competing in local tournaments back home and when I am ready, I will start taking part in international events,” said Frost Zwicky.

When asked what was the best advice given by her father, Frost Zwicky said: “He told me to just enjoy the training, the game, the whole experience. He wants me to love what I do.”

Frost Zwicky, however, is not coached by Frost, the former world No. 1 and four-time All-England champion.

“I train under coaches Svend Aage and Thomas Damgaard. Sometimes, I do play with my dad whenever he has time to spare.”

Frost Zwicky, who stands at 1.70m, will spend five weeks in Malaysia as part of her training. doc6astucfjq43fc0k5agq.jpg josephinefrost.jpg

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

only 17? will she play at the WJC this year? :D

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration