which one is suitable for female player? AT700, AT500,MP99,MP88

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Happyplayer, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Happyplayer

Happyplayer New Member

Thanks in advance

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Probably the Ti Swing Power is a better choice but not knowing how you play, it is hard to tell as the four racquets that you mentioned are good racquets.

3. Happyplayer

Happyplayer New Member

sorry, my reply is quite simple.
    I have played this game for almost 4years but have no enough power.
    I want to have a best quality and very suitable racket

4. Banana

Banana New Member

retired
    AT 500 no doubt!!! Got one for 3 months now. More feelings at "play", AT 500 what a wonderful "THING"!! Ask one from "SANTA". Suit any need, power and net shots. Not so expensive here ($144.00cdn+tx). (former slim 10 player)

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If u r lack of strength, maybe the above models u metioned are too stiff for u, which makes the power generation even harder.

Agree with WWC, maybe TISP SR or SA? Both are 81 gram, and not as stiff as SX or SS.

6. Happyplayer

Happyplayer New Member

Thanks guy!
    In beijing, the 'baby' is not expensive,880RMB only.

7. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i don't know if i can really suggest a racket. don't really know a whole lot about you besides the length of time you've played. Personally that doesn't really mean much, power is not generated by experience but rather the technique.

besides that, perhaps try out the mp88, it's not as stiff as the others you've mentioned. i also agree with the ti swing suggestion, along the lines of SA or SR version

8. Happyplayer

Happyplayer New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    Acutally, i do not know what information should be mentioned when I consult rackets choosing.
    May be you can give me some suggestion first?

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    What racket you are using ?

Could you explain a little bit more about what do you mean by not enough power ? Cannot clear from back to back ? Or not powerful enough smashes ?

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    More options

I think in your first post, you didn't have your profile set to Beijing.

You probably have more choices than just Yonex racquets (e.g. SOTX, Kason, Winex, etc.)

I would suggest that you try and see if you can get your hands on some of the various models and brands to try out.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If u live in Beijing, why not pay a visit to www.bbesports.com (xin lan tian). They are one of the largest for badminton equipment in that area. Seems a lot of players get positive suggestions from them, and end up with good equipment.

Maybe pay special attention on SOTX, to me, they are cheaper but very good in quality.

12. Tammy

Tammy Regular Member

I'd say MP-88, Ti SP SR, or Ti SP SS. I myself use Ti SP SS and love it. Perfect for a woman, not too heavy, not too light, a little bit head heavy for some good power.

MP-99 should be fine, but I find it kind of stiff and less feel than Ti SP SS.

13. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hmm

my advice is for at 500 ...... tahts what some top sch girl players in my country are using....

14. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I'd probably take the MP88 or Swing Power SR. They're both relatively light racquets with a good balance point so you won't be tired out from the weight of the racket. Also, the weight and balance point should just be boarder line for packing some good smashes or adding power to your game... If not, well pump some weights and you can scare the guys!

15. TheGr8One

TheGr8One Regular Member

University Student (CS)
    To make a good specific recommendation, we need to know:
    1) Do you play singles or doubles or both?
    2) Do you want the most powerful rackets, or do you want a balance between power and control?
    3) How good are your shots?
    4) What racket are you using?

There rackets more suitable for singles then doubles, some designed for power, others for control, and some a balance of both.

4 years of play doesn't really tell us how well you play, since you say you don't have enough power. If most of your shots are solid, ie: you can clear baseline to baseline, then it would be worth recommending a racket more suitable for your level that can provide more power on smashes.

If the racket you are currently using is head light, it's likely the reason you don't have enough power. But technique can help: a faster swing would yield as much power as a slower swing with a more head heavy racket. But it is easier to get power out of even balance/head heavy rackets than head light rackets anyway.

My general recommendations for now:
    Cab 20 MS/Cab 23 <-- pretty well rounded rackets
    MP33/55/99/100 <-- more emphasis on power
    AT500/700 <-- well rounded and also powerful, but I'm not too sure on these..